DHEA Issue

MSH

I just started a low dose of DHEA. It is a 5mg sublingual that I break into quarters and take into two doses a day for 2.5mg total. It seems that it is causing me some mild depression and agitation. What could be going on here?

Thanks

Beastmode

If it irrigates your gut, it can cause stress hormones to elevate.

The quality of the substance might not be clean.

Frankdee20

I just started a low dose of DHEA. It is a 5mg sublingual that I break into quarters and take into two doses a day for 2.5mg total. It seems that it is causing me some mild depression and agitation. What could be going on here?

Thanks

What brand is it ? I think dhea can cause agitation on it’s own... Last time I took this in 2017, I was extremely agitated internally... had to do with brain chemistry changes

OP
M

MSH

What brand is it ? I think dhea can cause agitation on it’s own... Last time I took this in 2017, I was extremely agitated internally... had to do with brain chemistry changes

Douglas Labs.

Frankdee20

Douglas Labs.

Definately a premium brand... Has nothing to do with purity. Are you doing it sublingualy ? It remains unchanged as DHEA in the blood

OP
M

MSH

Definately a premium brand... Has nothing to do with purity. Are you doing it sublingualy ? It remains unchanged as DHEA in the blood

Yes, I break the tablets into quarters and take half of it a day in two different doses. It definitely has me feeling off.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Yes, I break the tablets into quarters and take half of it a day in two different doses. It definitely has me feeling off.

Thanks for your input.
Dhea does the same to me even at tiny doses

Frankdee20

Have you been able to figure out why? I wonder if it has something to do with the liver?

Im not sure, everyone on here will say it converts to stress hormones or this or that... I know when I first started using Pregnenalone, 10mg would make me feel so anxious and crazy... But then it became my favorite supplement for a while.... I got discouraged with dhea and stopped after that day... maybe I needed to get used to it

OP
M

MSH

Im not sure, everyone on here will say it converts to stress hormones or this or that... I know when I first started using Pregnenalone, 10mg would make me feel so anxious and crazy... But then it became my favorite supplement for a while.... I got discouraged with dhea and stopped after that day... maybe I needed to get used to it
I was hoping it would make me more resilient towards stress. But, it seems to take things in another direction. Maybe it is increasing stress hormones.

My body does weird stuff with supplements and meds in general. My docs have always been puzzled by this.

So preg was working good for you for a while. In what way and why did you stop?

Thanks man!

Frankdee20

I was hoping it would make me more resilient towards stress. But, it seems to take things in another direction. Maybe it is increasing stress hormones.

My body does weird stuff with supplements and meds in general. My docs have always been puzzled by this.

So preg was working good for you for a while. In what way and why did you stop?

Thanks man!

In the beginning, I had no idea why I would get insane anxiety and insomnia... Then I would cut the dose from ten to five, but the trick was taking it with lots of sugar or food... It’s a very unpredictable supplement though, I’d get up to 50 mg a day. Sometimes that ***t made me robotic and zombie like, other times great feeling.... I stopped after like two or three months... It gave me depersonalization... Perhaps via NMDA agonism... Not uncommon

OP
M

MSH

In the beginning, I had no idea why I would get insane anxiety and insomnia... Then I would cut the dose from ten to five, but the trick was taking it with lots of sugar or food... It’s a very unpredictable supplement though, I’d get up to 50 mg a day. Sometimes that ***t made me robotic and zombie like, other times great feeling.... I stopped after like two or three months... It gave me depersonalization... Perhaps via NMDA agonism... Not uncommon

Wow! That sounds intense! Sometimes I just feel like giving up on all the supplements and just doing the food. But, I’m impatient and want to feel better now and feel like the right supplements might help speed up things. Instead it usually just bites me in the butt and I end up with cabinet full of half empty bottles of stuff awaiting their journey to the trash can.

Frankdee20

Well I’m awaiting my test results and if my Testosterone comes back low again, I’m taking matters into my own hands

OP
M

MSH

Well I’m awaiting my test results and if my Testosterone comes back low again, I’m taking matters into my own hands

I have thought of doing the same thing myself. Some of my friends have improved in their depression and anxiety taking testosterone. They also report having greater motivation and cognitive function. Good luck man!

Frankdee20

I have thought of doing the same thing myself. Some of my friends have improved in their depression and anxiety taking testosterone. They also report having greater motivation and cognitive function. Good luck man!

Yeah I’m going on the black market for the Testosterone Ethanoate

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals