DHEA Is Preferentially Converted Into DHT In Humans

ddjd

Can someone explain the mechanism by which too much DHT could reduce Testosterone levels

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can someone explain the mechanism by which too much DHT could reduce Testosterone levels

It's been discussed many times on the forum. Leydig cells express androgen receptor and studies have shown it is involved in negative feedback mechanism of T synthesis. DHT is very good at activating that receptor, more so than T. Also, some strong androgens are inhibitors of 17b-HSD3, which is needed to synthesize T. I have not seen anything about DHT inhibiting 17b-HSD3 but I 5a-androstanediol has been shown to be inhibitory and it is a metabolite of DHT.

thefutureof

Thats why i test prolactin too. As you can see prolo is in mid ranges 164,7 norm: 86-324. I think it could be lower if i use b6 near the week of labs and sleep normal that night
Hey mate did you continue to use the DHEA ? Did you have a base line T level before you started on DHEA?

Cameron

Is dhea responsible for beard growth more than T OR DHT? It’s expression is similar to dht. Does it have more expression on 5-ar in the skin than dht at the beard follicle?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals