DHEA Has Very Similar Anabolic Activity To DHT

NathanK

ACTH is a key signal for LDL cholesterol to pregnenolone
This caught my eye. Wow. Very interesting for those with confounding high cholesterol/ conversion issues with low ACTH/adrenal hormone issues.

NDT

LDL is important
Effect of decreased plasma low-density lipoprotein levels on adrenal and testicular function in man. - PubMed - NCBI

This is species specific (not found in rats):
Adrenocorticotrophic hormone retarded metabolism of low-density lipoprotein in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Wagner83

It's funny someone mentioned vitamin K. Now that is one supplement that seems to do the exact same things that have been mentioned here. My penis is much thicker; my erections are like concrete, and I am even getting spontaneous ones popping up (which I normally don't even get in the summer). It must be mopping up my arteries, because my penis is actually red now when it's hard as well. It throbs. Saying that, I have started taking calcium carbonate to ensure my calc/hos ratio is correct, and I now nibble t3 every hour. So these are factors too. I should take away the K2 and see if this effect goes away.

Did you actually manage to keep those kind of erections since then? Could you pinpoint whether these benefits were due to thyroid or K2?

Ron J

Some people claim that DHEA wont have any noticeable effects among young individuals, but if it increases DHT, shouldn't the effect be noticeable? Unless it's a minute increase.

cyclops

Do you think one would achieve positive results from taking DHT and DHEA at the same time?

bdawg

Some people claim that DHEA wont have any noticeable effects among young individuals, but if it increases DHT, shouldn't the effect be noticeable? Unless it's a minute increase.

I took 100mg DHEA daily for almost a year when I was 27, don't have bloods but DHT itself was noticeable for me whereas DHEA wasn't

I think it would be more beneficial for older people or people with reduced steroidogenic enzymes

Wagner83

I took 100mg DHEA daily for almost a year when I was 27, don't have bloods but DHT itself was noticeable for me whereas DHEA wasn't

I think it would be more beneficial for older people or people with reduced steroidogenic enzymes
Have you continued with the regimen outlined here? DHT Has Little Impact On LH Secretion
If so, what effects can you report in terms of social interactions, physical and mental changes etc..?

miki14

As a follow up to the studies I posted on DHEA increasing DHT in animals and thus improving metabolic parameters, this study compared the effects of DHEA and DHT on several human tissues and found them to be quite similar. Consequently, in lower doses DHEA may indeed convert mostly into testosterone and DHT and not so much into estrogen. If conversion into estrogen is an issue one can combine DHEA with zinc to reduce any potential aromatization.

DHEA seems to promote glucose metabolism too. I wonder if the performance enhancing effect of T based PEDs is just a sparing effect on DHEA, which eventually increases glucose metabolism.
Testosterone and DHEA activate the glucose metabolism-related signaling pathway in skeletal muscle | Endocrinology and Metabolism

" Finally, the activities of phosphofructokinase and hexokinase, main glycolytic enzymes, were enhanced by testosterone or DHEA addition. These findings suggest that skeletal muscle is capable of synthesizing DHT from testosterone, and that DHT activates the glucose metabolism-related signaling pathway in skeletal muscle cells."

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
DHEA seems to promote glucose metabolism too. I wonder if the performance enhancing effect of T based PEDs is just a sparing effect on DHEA, which eventually increases glucose metabolism.
Testosterone and DHEA activate the glucose metabolism-related signaling pathway in skeletal muscle | Endocrinology and Metabolism

" Finally, the activities of phosphofructokinase and hexokinase, main glycolytic enzymes, were enhanced by testosterone or DHEA addition. These findings suggest that skeletal muscle is capable of synthesizing DHT from testosterone, and that DHT activates the glucose metabolism-related signaling pathway in skeletal muscle cells."

Possibly, as most androgens downregulate 3b-HSD and this MAY lead to elevation of DHEA and upstream hormones. Higher doses of androsterone also lead to increase in DHEA in a human study from the 1950s I posted somewhere on the forum.

benaoao

In physiological doses, up to 15mg daily, DHEA does not downregulate endogenous production. Neither do pregnenolone and progesterone. This is one of the indications that the body is OK with getting as much as possible from these steroids. DHEA itself also does not suppress endogenous production but some of its androgenic and estrogenic metabolites do. So, taking in small doses a few times a day can keep the HPTA and HPGA intact (unsuppressed). If you use Google to search the forum for things like "DHEA endogenous suppression" you will find the threads you need.

@TheBeard

FYI. Have a good day

T

TheBeard

@TheBeard

FYI. Have a good day

Thank you.

I will try supraphysiological doses of DHEA to see if they have any dramatic effects on penile size and libido.
I will start tonight on the following protocole:
- 100mg oral DHEA split in two daily doses
- scrotal DHEA in DMSO 25mg/day

Breadpill

Thank you.

I will try supraphysiological doses of DHEA to see if they have any dramatic effects on penile size and libido.
I will start tonight on the following protocole:
- 100mg oral DHEA split in two daily doses
- scrotal DHEA in DMSO 25mg/day
How did this go?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals