DHEA : Dissociation/de-personalization

OP
N

newdp

Took L-Carnatine 1g ( didn’t have any ALCAR ) and 3 egg yolks and a bunch of butter - I ate keto style yesterday and noticed and improvement this morning, wonder if this would indicate inflammation of HPA - may buy cucumin today to see if it has an effect - at this point without any lab work this is all a guessing game - will be scheduling lab work this week

Frankdee20

I think acetylcholine is frowned upon by Peat. Too much makes me nervous and dumb

Frankdee20

So I just resumed Pregnenalone after a week hiatus, 10 mg makes me so brain fogged, sleepy. I am going to try increased doses again as those felt better

Mossy

So I just resumed Pregnenalone after a week hiatus, 10 mg makes me so brain fogged, sleepy. I am going to try increased doses again as those felt better
Would this be topical, sublingual, or oral?

Took L-Carnatine 1g ( didn’t have any ALCAR ) and 3 egg yolks and a bunch of butter - I ate keto style yesterday and noticed and improvement this morning, wonder if this would indicate inflammation of HPA - may buy cucumin today to see if it has an effect - at this point without any lab work this is all a guessing game - will be scheduling lab work this week
Tryptophan metabolites activate inflammation and decrease ATP.
Kynurenines: Tryptophan's metabolites in exercise, inflammation, and mental health. - PubMed - NCBI
L-carnitine supplementation makes more acetyl-choline and acetyl-carnitine available to increase the ATP in mitochondria.
Metabolic Agents that Enhance ATP can Improve Cognitive Functioning: A Review of the Evidence for Glucose, Oxygen, Pyruvate, Creatine, and L-Carnitine

Frankdee20

Would this be topical, sublingual, or oral?

Oral, it’s strange. I think I ended up with 2 weeks of depersonalization due to using this. I stopped all supplements thinking okay maybe it was my flu making me feel off. I’m not messing with it anymore. I think I had a good run with it, but now I know it isn’t worth feeling this way.

Mossy

Oral, it’s strange. I think I ended up with 2 weeks of depersonalization due to using this. I stopped all supplements thinking okay maybe it was my flu making me feel off. I’m not messing with it anymore. I think I had a good run with it, but now I know it isn’t worth feeling this way.
Interesting—ok, so you're done with pregnenolone?

May I ask, are there any other hormones that you’re having success with, and don’t promote the depersonalization, or any negative side effects?

Frankdee20

Interesting—ok, so you're done with pregnenolone?

May I ask, are there any other hormones that you’re having success with, and don’t promote the depersonalization, or any negative side effects?

I was only taking Pregnenalone, I slowly worked up to 30-50 mg daily. It felt great, but now I’m speculating that perhaps at some point, it caused depersonalization for 2 weeks. I had to stop all supplements. I tried DHEA sprinkled 3 mg under tongue, same effect

Frankdee20

The only thing I can find on depersonalization regarding Pregnenalone is the activation of NMDA receptors. Perhaps that’s dose dependent. I don’t like this feeling though, I took a 10 mg pill again today after a day off and I am absolutely stopping this

You should try Acetyl-L-carnitine, it helps oppose disassociation from raised activity of NMDA receptor by the pregnenolone.
Opposing effects of ketamine and acetyl L-carnitine on the serotonergic system of zebrafish

Mossy

I was only taking Pregnenalone, I slowly worked up to 30-50 mg daily. It felt great, but now I’m speculating that perhaps at some point, it caused depersonalization for 2 weeks. I had to stop all supplements. I tried DHEA sprinkled 3 mg under tongue, same effect
The only thing I can find on depersonalization regarding Pregnenalone is the activation of NMDA receptors. Perhaps that’s dose dependent. I don’t like this feeling though, I took a 10 mg pill again today after a day off and I am absolutely stopping this
Thanks for sharing this additional information.

I don't blame you for stopping it. I've had similar experiences with amino acids and mucuna puriens, though I'm not experienced enough to properly classify exactly what they were doing to me. My very short experience with oral dhea and preg resulted in a feeling of agitation and restlessness. I have taken a very small dose of preg, 1mg, before bed, and it wasn't too bad. I may try that again for sleep, if needed.

Thanks for sharing this additional information.

I don't blame you for stopping it. I've had similar experiences with amino acids and mucuna puriens, though I'm not experienced enough to properly classify exactly what they were doing to me. My very short experience with oral dhea and preg resulted in a feeling of agitation and restlessness. I have taken a very small dose of preg, 1mg, before bed, and it wasn't too bad. I may try that again for sleep, if needed.
DHEA-S has effect on NMDA activity, and Preg also lowers GABA, so this can lead to agitation in some persons.
"In some individuals, antidepressant treatment can cause a switch from depression to the irritability, agitation, and restlessness of mania. In fact there have been several reports of DHEA-induced mania, 75'

Frankdee20

I’m just going to toss a basically unused bottle of Dhea 5 mg and the Pregnenalone. I can’t risk taking it again and expecting a different result. I had a good run, hopefully this subsides by the morning. It did the other day, but it’s scary. My eyes look different when I’m like this, they look empty, numb, flat, recessed. Scary ***t

Mossy

I still think you should try licorice root tea, 5grams, to reduce testosteron / estrogen effects.
And it should help with dopaminergic / androgens effects that I think triggered your bipolar manic depression / introspection disorder

Last edited:
I'm curently taking 3000 MG of ALCAR - no noticeable improvement.

It's the combination of the eggs / choline / ALCAR + the Korean Ginseng that should modulate the acetylcholine and support the pituitary - adrenal glands.

Also, you should increase aldosterone and cortisol with Licorice Root tea to improve the adrenal function that may be impaired by the impact of high androsterones from that DHEA supplement.

Also take B5 to support cortisol synthesis.

OP
N

newdp

So - I got my lab results back, I don't think this was from estrogenic imbalance..

Estradiol was 77 pmol/L
Progesterone 0.8 nmol/L
DHEA 5.5 umol/L
Testosterone 14 nmol/L

Anyone have suggestions?