DHEA Cessation & Diarrhea

Orius

Why would stopping DHEA lead to unremitting diarrhea?

I've been taking 25mg since I stopped prednisone in August. Each time I try to stop DHEA, urgent diarrhea results within a couple of days of cessation.

I've read a few case studies online but nothing to suggest why, other than low cortisol; but DHEA doesn't feed the cortisol pathway so I don't get it.

mouse

I have this too, DHEA helped, then eventually I figured out estrogen cream worked even better, and later on I replaced the estrogen with high doses of Vitamin D3 (50K every few days or more often). I don't have any lab tests to go by while this was going on, however I did have nocturnal erections more frequently when I added the estrogen cream at the right amount. All it took was a small dose of estriol cream. I don't think these are the root causes but I've tried lots of other things that had no effect.
There is much more DHEA than cortisol or sex hormones in a normal body and some people think DHEA can spare cortisol, which might be true for you.

OP
O

Orius

I'm still having this issue, years later. I've been using 25mg DHEA and 50mg pregnenolone daily for years now as I find it really helps my various health conditions. I know that DHEA dose is controversial in this community, but please just put that aside for a moment.

I try to take breaks from the hormones every couple of weeks or so, for just a few days. Whenever I stop, by the 48 hour mark I start getting crazy explosive diarrhea. If I take DHEA/preg, it goes away within 24 hours. So it's definitely related to those. The diarrhea is so bad that I have to take loperamide. A couple of years ago, I stopped DHEA/preg for a couple of months, and the diarrhea eventually stopped at the 1-2 week mark.

I've scoured the internet for an easy answer to this but can't find anything. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the hormones are causing fluid retention and once I stop them (maybe the aldoesterone pathway), the fluid is released through the bowels. My other theory is that maybe it's causing a sudden cortisol drop, but if so, I don't feel any other symptoms of that.

Does anyone have any theories about this? TIA

japanesedude

These hormones lower serotonin and antagonizes endotoxin that's why your bowel symptoms are mitigated while on it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals