• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

DHEA as a potential treatment for Crohn's and UC

haidut

The dose used was high (200mg) and the treatment lasted for about 2 months. I am not sure this is safe according to any standards given DHEA propensity to convert into estrone/estradiol, but may be an option for people not responding to other treatments or want to try something more Peat-y.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12562454

Blossom

I wonder if pregnenolone would work too? I had some type of bowel inflammation flare up in the fall with high WBC's and all and increasing my pregnenolone dose seemed to help quite a bit. Maybe my body was converting some of the pregnenolone to dhea.

Zachs

Yea thats a high dose for a long time! I wish they would have have kept track of other hormonal markers. Seems obvious when suppldnting a hormone.