Dhea and progesterone simply wont bounce back..

tommyg130

Been over a year since I messed myself up pretty bad following an oral steroid cycle.. I feel much better overall and stopped working out intense(which wrecked me and crashed my nervous system basically)

but still no matter what my progesterone and dhea won’t rise. I sleep 8 hours , get sunlight, eat mostly ground beef goat cheese orange juice potatoes.

I have directly supplemented dhea and progesterone and thyroid.. together and separately. Pregnenolone is also low. All VERY low.. cholesterol also high.. I’m not sure what to do?

I’m 24 years old 200lb lean holding muscle but I do not feel good mentally or emotionally and have low energy and desire for social interaction and spur of the moment adventure like I used to. I’m too regimented and struggle breaking routine. Could it be some sort of pituitary tumor? How could these numbers not at least rise a little??!?

Attachments

• E7836FB8-6E77-434F-A5F0-3965189AB3D7.jpeg
    E7836FB8-6E77-434F-A5F0-3965189AB3D7.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 52
  • A465C87C-46DB-4BE6-867C-4C640E3CCF99.jpeg
    A465C87C-46DB-4BE6-867C-4C640E3CCF99.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 51
  • BF107D58-B785-4697-AE8E-20237EAD656B.jpeg
    BF107D58-B785-4697-AE8E-20237EAD656B.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 49
OP
T

tommyg130

Additional info.. since peating my ACTH , and prolactin , liver enzymes and TSH all went down a significant amount in about 12 weeks.. adrenal steroid markers and cholesterol stayed just about the same which tells me something deeper is going on (I think) as I know cholesterol is supposed to convert into those

LuMonty

I take it the tests didn't have Free T3 or rT3 listed? I know your TSH is low, but the high cholesterol is odd.

area51puy

Forum Supporter
I am no expert but were you supplementing thyroid extract or t3 or t4 , so changing dosing and what type might make difference , but I am pretty sure I heard somewhere you also need other supplements or nutrients to help convert cholesterol into downstream hormones. So maybe search the forum here or someone who knows jumps in. And maybe something your taking is hindering the conversion into downstream hormones.

P

PointOutside

I was in a similar situation except I was on Testosterone Enanthate for 9 months, doses from TRT to 500 mg/wk. Even took Superdrol unfortunately. Following the cycle my testosterone recovered pretty quickly but also lost a part of myself for two years. Prog and DHEA were borderline nonexistent. One thing I would try is pregnenolone if you haven't, it definitely raised my progesterone and DHEA on my bloodwork. I don't want to take HCG (after reading about it from a peat perspective) but I believe it can have a more permanent effect.

K

Kayaker

The testes turn cholesterol into testosterone, and you shut down your natural production. A prolactin inhibitor could help to reset it by increasing LH.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Been over a year since I messed myself up pretty bad following an oral steroid cycle.. I feel much better overall and stopped working out intense(which wrecked me and crashed my nervous system basically)

but still no matter what my progesterone and dhea won’t rise. I sleep 8 hours , get sunlight, eat mostly ground beef goat cheese orange juice potatoes.

I have directly supplemented dhea and progesterone and thyroid.. together and separately. Pregnenolone is also low. All VERY low.. cholesterol also high.. I’m not sure what to do?

I’m 24 years old 200lb lean holding muscle but I do not feel good mentally or emotionally and have low energy and desire for social interaction and spur of the moment adventure like I used to. I’m too regimented and struggle breaking routine. Could it be some sort of pituitary tumor? How could these numbers not at least rise a little??!?

It takes 6-9 months of consistent, daily supplementation with things like pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA to see sustained increase in serum values. Before that, almost no change will be seen as the low blood levels imply severe deficiency and until the tissue stores are replenished, serum levels will be unchanged. However, if you do saliva or bloodspot/fingerprick tests they should show increase. See links below for more info.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Also, the fact that the ACTH, TSH and prolactin are going down is a pretty good indication that the progesterone/DHEA you are taking is absorbed and having good effects, even if serum levels are not showing change yet.

koky

Also, the fact that the ACTH, TSH and prolactin are going down is a pretty good indication that the progesterone/DHEA you are taking is absorbed and having good effects, even if serum levels are not showing change yet.

haidut - when your new tests available?​

haidut

Forum Supporter

haidut - when your new tests available?​

The hair/nail tests for minerals will probably start first week of January. The steroid tests will take some time to develop methods for. They are much more difficult to do than simple blood tests. I am hoping that we will have a working method and ability to run some tests in February.

Last edited:

Kram

Extra vitamin D and magnesium (and maybe b-vitamins) may be worth looking into. All are important for steroidogenisis

aquila2009

It takes 6-9 months of consistent, daily supplementation with things like pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA to see sustained increase in serum values. Before that, almost no change will be seen as the low blood levels imply severe deficiency and until the tissue stores are replenished, serum levels will be unchanged. However, if you do saliva or bloodspot/fingerprick tests they should show increase. See links below for more info.
Would you take take all three? I just stared with 2 drops of progesterone with 5mg of dhea last week and it has been amazing. I felt it on the very first dose. I feel like a young man again in every sense of the word. No more brain fog and fatigue, higher libido, inflammation in various parts of my body decreasing… and best of all I can feel emotions again. Hopefully this isnt a temporary effect!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals