Dha

yes,it problably is.ray peat is the only one ever in saying that PUFA,not overdosing on them,are per se Unphysiologic.
Until his ideas on PUFA as toxin are corroborated,and they wont(!)i would advise extreme caution on going the whole hog of depletion of it.

Omega-3 Fatty Acid Supplementation During Pregnancy

Two PUFAs, arachidonic acid (AA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), are critical to fetal and infant central nervous system (CNS) growth and development.1,4 Embedded in the cell membrane phospholipid, AA is involved in cell signaling pathways and cell division, and serves as an inflammatory precursor for eicosanoids. The DHA concentration is high in retinal and brain membrane phospholipids, and it is involved in visual and neural function and neurotransmitter metabolism.2 During the last trimester, the fetus accrues about 50 to 70 mg a day of 1 omega-3 fatty acid, DHA.5,6 Both maternal DHA intake and circulating DHA concentrations are important determinants of fetal blood concentrations of DHA.3 Babies accrue DHA into the CNS up until about 18 months of age.7,8

Last edited:

milkboi

No need to supplement or eat fatty fish I'd think. If it is essential, the amounts found in beef, dairy etc. probably suffice.

No need to supplement or eat fatty fish I'd think. If it is essential, the amounts found in beef, dairy etc. probably suffice.

True.One thing to consider though:because of stability-concerns,Food-Animals arent given Omega3 supplemental,
and through that ,and because it doesnt increase Bodysize by much,they have lower amounts of it in their Fatdepots.
I would advise to eat low mercury fish 4to 5 times a week actually,and consume butterfat for arachidonic acid.

Kingpinguin

Organic beef, dairy and eggs then as our ancesters ate animals this way and they have higher omega 3 than grain feed livestock. Which is higher in omega 6 today than our ancesters prey. Compared to our ancesters we are likely eating less omega 3 than what they did and more omega 6 for sure than they ever did. They likely occasionally ate sea food aswell. So if omega 3 is needed for CNS development during pregnancy and omega 3 is a marker of that I would recommend eating organic foods higher in these fatty acids. Eggs and probably fish every now and then. Fish is not a poison. Its the pure PUFA oils that are unnecessary. Our ancesters never needed any supplemental oils so I agree with you on that. But eating fish/ seafood occasionally is good. No need to go overboard though and eat it everyday.

Also:

Yeah.if you think about it,Peat has so little evidence,he is almost out of his mind in that regard.
So much is known about (correctly low-dosed)PUFA-depletion from big ape-studies,so much Animal models,
He has only the Depleted but resilient-toxin-proofed 60ties-rat going for him.And i concede this Observation,these Fatty Acids
are highly problematic because they are so fragile.But you cant generalize from there on that your entire Human Shell gets bulletproofed via smart(?) PUFA avoidance.

Kingpinguin

Also:

Yeah.if you think about it,Peat has so little evidence,he is almost out of his mind in that regard.
So much is known about (correctly low-dosed)PUFA-depletion from big ape-studies,so much Animal models,
He has only the Depleted but resilient-toxin-proofed 60ties-rat going for him.And i concede this Observation,these Fatty Acids
are highly problematic because they are so fragile.But you cant generalize from there on that your entire Human Shell gets bulletproofed via smart(?) PUFA avoidance.

iron can also be highly prone to oxidation still without it you be dead.

Kartoffel

Also:

It rather seems that you are out of your mind, or have accumulated too much DHA in your brain. It is the most toxic PUFA of them all. If it is essential, why are babies born deficient?
Maybe you should pay attention to these footnotes under your propaganda articles:

"Dr. Greenberg has no conflict of interest. Dr. Bell and Ms. Van Ausdal are full-time employees of Twinlab, a manufacturer and purveyor of dietary supplements. The company sells products containing omega-3 fatty acids."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals