DHA + Uridine Boost Dopamine And Why?

Douglas Ek

Why does DHA and Uridine increase dopamine so much? Never read about anyone here mentioning uridine as a ray peat supplement but my thought is that anything that increase tyrosine hydroxylase and dopamine would be good for lowering serotonin, lowering prolactin and boosting androgens? I have tried this combination in the past and felt very good and had very dopaminergic effect and substantially increased libido at that point. Cant tell if it was something else i did but i knew i was going hardcore on DHA, Uridine and choline supps to try boost BDNF. Then i later read ray peats stuff and stopped. Anyway heres the study.
Would like other peoples opinion and if they ever tried it out?

Restorative Effects of Uridine Plus Docosahexaenoic Acid in a Rat Model of Parkinson’s Disease

baccheion

Uridine is a phosphatidyl donor. Uridine + DHA = phosphatidyl choline in the brain. Uridine is said to repair/upregulate dopamine receptors.

Makrosky

Why does DHA and Uridine increase dopamine so much? Never read about anyone here mentioning uridine as a ray peat supplement but my thought is that anything that increase tyrosine hydroxylase and dopamine would be good for lowering serotonin, lowering prolactin and boosting androgens? I have tried this combination in the past and felt very good and had very dopaminergic effect and substantially increased libido at that point. Cant tell if it was something else i did but i knew i was going hardcore on DHA, Uridine and choline supps to try boost BDNF. Then i later read ray peats stuff and stopped. Anyway heres the study.
Would like other peoples opinion and if they ever tried it out?

Restorative Effects of Uridine Plus Docosahexaenoic Acid in a Rat Model of Parkinson’s Disease
Which uridine product are you using?

olive

Grapelander

Chronic Uridine Administration Induces Fatty Liver and Pre-Diabetic Conditions in Mice
Chronic Uridine Administration Induces Fatty Liver and Pre-Diabetic Conditions in Mice

Maternal dietary uridine causes, and deoxyuridine prevents, neural tube closure defects in a mouse model of folate-responsive neural tube defects
Maternal dietary uridine causes, and deoxyuridine prevents, neural tube closure defects in a mouse model of folate-responsive neural tube defects
In the first study they fed the mice a 'low energy' diet food Pico Lab Rodent Diet 20. It seems pretty high in PUFA: "ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, fish meal, soybean oil, etc" It did look nutritionally complete however. Its too bad as this may have unintentionally confounded the study - because those are all foods that will cause diabetes and liver disease. Still, Uridine did worse than control. Thanks for the sobering studies - I will remain very cautious on Uridine long term use.

Attachments

• 5053.pdf
    39 KB · Views: 7

Mauritio

In the first study they fed the mice a 'low energy' diet food Pico Lab Rodent Diet 20. It seems pretty high in PUFA: "ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, fish meal, soybean oil, etc" It did look nutritionally complete however. Its too bad as this may have unintentionally confounded the study - because those are all foods that will cause diabetes and liver disease. Still, Uridine did worse than control. Thanks for the sobering studies - I will remain very cautious on Uridine long term use.
Plus the HED is 2-3g of uridine per day . So pretty high.