"DHA is really important for transporting glucose across the blood-brain barrier."

meatbag

According to Rhonda Patrick, DHA is crucial for brain ATP levels and cerebral glucose metabolism. Can someone who is well-versed in Peat's work explain why the brain accumulates it if it's a toxin according to him?

Should DHA be prioritized in our diets and/or supplemented via a
pure, unoxidized fish oil supplement? (i.e. one that is IFOS/Labdoor Certified — high quality O3 supplements have been emerging as of late)

View: https://youtu.be/xV_5B38s2Ak?t=325

New borns have virtually no DHA in thier brains

Animals also accumulate iron in their tissues and flouride in their bones lol

I remember I tried her raw greens smoothie quite a few years back after hearing her on the joe rogan NWO podcast :hairpull

meatbag

I can't access the studies you provided because they're paywalled.

This study looked at the effects of Omega-3's on mitochondria in the muscle, it found that;

Cells treated with fatty acids had fewer myotubes formed (P ≤ 0.05) compared with control cells. The expression of the genes related to myogenesis was significantly lower (P ≤ 0.05) in cells treated with fatty acids, compared with control cells. Genes associated with adipogenesis had higher (P ≤ 0.05) expression after treatment with fatty acids. Also, the mitochondrial biogenesis decreased with lower (P ≤ 0.05) gene expression and lower (P ≤ 0.05) mtDNA/nDNA ratio in cells treated with fatty acids compared with control cells. However, the expression of genes related to peroxisome biosynthesis was higher (P ≤ 0.05) in cells treated with fatty acids. Moreover, fatty-acid treatment reduced (P ≤ 0.05) oxygen consumption rate under oligomycin-inhibited (reflecting proton leak) and uncoupled conditions.
-Effect of Eicosapentaenoic Acid and Docosahexaenoic Acid on Myogenesis and Mitochondrial Biosynthesis during Murine Skeletal Muscle Cell Differentiation - PubMed
So that is terrible, it basically destroys the cells abilities to use glucose and function properly and ages the cells

"The mRNA expression data of this study showed that PUFA supplement in DM during myogenesis inhibits the expression of the key genes of mitochondrial metabolism and biosynthesis."

"he decreased mitochondrial metabolism was supported by testing the respiration of the cells, which showed the PUFA-treated cells consumed less oxygen which indicated less-mitochondrial metabolism. Harmed mitochondrial dynamics and biosynthesis negatively affect the regulation of energy expenditure which leads to obesity and diabetes (48), which implies that overdosing EPA and DHA during gestation may have a long-term effect on offspring metabolic disorder."

"The lower metabolism of mitochondria induced by EPA and DHA may enhance the oxidative stress in myoblasts differentiation and cause structural and functional muscle abnormalities (53). This may be an explanation of downregulated myogenic gene expression and smaller and fewer myotube formation."

"These results showed that potentially upregulated adipogenesis in C2C12 cell culture could be triggered by EPA and DHA treatment. Our findings were consisted with an in vivo study, which showed upregulated adipogenesis in pig suppled with DHA . The upregulated adipogenesis and the decreased myogenic gene expression may indicate that overdosing EPA and DHA is associated with muscle aging."

"These indicate that the maternal overdosage of EPA and DHA may influence fetal muscle development, increase intramuscular adipose tissue deposition in offspring, and have a long-term effect on the development of metabolic disease such as obesity and diabetes in adult offspring."

Missenger

The mice they gave fish oil to had more prion proteins. :clapping:
2021-07-02 19_40_39-Sci-Hub _ Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids improve mitochondrial dysfun...png

OP
RenaissanceMan
Several lines of evidence suggest that polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) play a role in myelination. Unsaturated fatty acids are essential constituents of all cell membranes, and the myelin sheaths around axons are formed from the membranes of oligodendrocytes.

This does not mean that all PUFAs are necessarily good or bad. But based on all of the evidence O6 is indisputably harmful while O3 can exert some positive effects.

Are there any interviews I can listen to where Peat discusses his stance on DHA in-depth?

OP
RenaissanceMan
1625370431222.png
1625370307760.png

Thoughts? Could IFOS-certified triglyceride form FO be required to experience the benefits of supplementing EPA/DHA?

OP
RenaissanceMan
I think this makes sense. It would appear that these changes are consequent of the DHA—not the arachindonic acid. The ingestion of DHA has been shown to increase myelination, and the increased myelination should increase nerve velocity.

'Myelination also proceeds rapidly after birth and in this process neuroglial cells envelop the axons of cortical neurones with sheaths of myelin which speed the rate of transmission of electrical messages between neurones, other central nervous system cells, and end organs such as muscle and skin.' ―Farquharson⁽¹⁾
Using DHA to promote myelination has been shown in children with Zellweger's syndrome. This condition is not to be confused with the nerve condition, of the same name, resulting from watching Bridget Jones' Diary for the first time. This version here is charaterized by the absence of peroxisomes and their associated enzymes, including those which desaturate and/or oxidize long‐chain fatty acids. There is a bit of dispute as to what enzymes are deleted as the process of DHA synthesis itself is under dispute: some biochemists assume the necessity of a Δ⁴‐desaturase; others assume the combination of Δ⁶‐desaturase followed by a two‐carbon deletion.⁽²⁾ Regardless of which particular enzymes are involved, the lack of DHA in the brain of children classified with Zellweger's syndrome is undeniable:

zellweger.png

Although not shown in the above graphic: arachidonic and linoleic acids are often found increased in Zellweger's syndrome, so this condition cannot be explained by a lack of the eicosanoid precursors (ω−6). When all lines of evidence are considered, I think it must be admitted that the cause of Zellweger's is the lack of 22:5 (DPA) and 22:6 (DHA) combined; but similar studies on subjects with related pathologies—having normal brain levels of 22:5 but decreased 22:6—highlight the necessity of just docosahexaenoic acid. This is not made by elongation of linoleic acid (18:2), but by the similar‐sounding linolenic acid (18:3); this is done through the same elongase and desaturase enyzmes the Zellwegers are deficient in. Linolenic acid can be found in grass and grass‐fed milk, and leaf‐eating herbivores such as deer and rabbits have plenty of myelin. Consumption of fish is unnecessary for myelin synthesis in most people.

Docosahexaenoic acid is requisite for normal myelin formation as the MRI images below indicate:⁽³⁾

mri.png

The administration of DHA to subjects having Zellweger's improves myelination, muscle control, and eyesight.

What is known for certain is that myelin consists mainly of progesterone, pregnenolone, and sphingomyelin. Triglycerides exist in smaller amounts in myelin than in the grey matter (GM), and the triglycerides in myelin have a lower prevalence of this fatty acid:⁽⁴⁾

Dr. B

According to Rhonda Patrick, DHA is crucial for brain ATP levels and cerebral glucose metabolism. Can someone who is well-versed in Peat's work explain why the brain accumulates it if it's a toxin according to him?

Should DHA be prioritized in our diets and/or supplemented via a
pure, unoxidized fish oil supplement? (i.e. one that is IFOS/Labdoor Certified — high quality O3 supplements have been emerging as of late)

View: https://youtu.be/xV_5B38s2Ak?t=325

you should automatically get small amounts of omega 3 and omega 6 from beef fat, milkfat, butter, lamb fat, etc.
apparently aluminum from vaccines also builds up in the brain, iron builds up in the spleen or liver iirc, so many toxic substances for whatever reason, tend to build up in certain organs and glands
you may throw off the ratio by supplementing omega 3, but maybe 500mg of black seed oil plus 500mg to 1g fish oil or krill oil a day wouldnt have a significant bad effect, especially if you have a lot of saturated fat

X3CyO

View attachment 24902View attachment 24901

Thoughts? Could IFOS-certified triglyceride form FO be required to experience the benefits of supplementing EPA/DHA?
What is QED?

Also. If there are no contradictions, and all possibilities exist, then why can't DHA being un-essential be a possibility?

I'm surprised with such a specific answer to how a test would be done to prove him right, nothing has come to the surface to validate this testing methodology that I've seen.

Also, just because something takes something up preferentially compared to something else doesn't make it necessary, or healthy.
I've heard that the thyroid prefers to take up fluoride more than iodine because it's a smaller molecule, but in the same column on the periodic table, but there seems to be a general consensus that fluoride is toxic to the thyroid and bad for health. In small amounts? not sure.

I'd read Jack's stuff if it wasn't so inflammatory.

DonLore

Just eat quality eggs, meat, milk and lowfat seafood? Why the need to supplement everything...? Just eat real food

Dr. B

Just eat quality eggs, meat, milk and lowfat seafood? Why the need to supplement everything...? Just eat real food
Im not sure about eating any eggs, meat, or any seafood. Id rather stick to milk, yogurt, possibly whey, and small amounts beef liver. All kinds of issues with eggs, meats and even cheeses

Dr. B

grass fed beef is higher in DHA. i guess you better avoid that one
ITs higher dha but lower total pufa and lower omega 6. I think the omega 3 to 6 ratio matters since its 1:1 or something in grass fed meats dairy.

Back
Top Bottom