• @Blossom Is A Blessing To This Community, Let Us Be A Blessing To Her
    Click Here For More Information
  • Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

DHA-enriched phosphatidylserine ameliorates non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and intestinal dysbacteriosis in mice induced by a high-fat diet

Ismail

Abstract​

Docosahexaenoic acid-enriched phosphatidylserine (DHA-PS) has attracted increasing attention because of its unique health benefits. In this study, DHA-PS was biosynthesized from DHA-enriched phosphatidylcholine (DHA-PC), which was extracted from herring roe, Clupea harengus. The ameliorating effect of DHA-PS on high-fat diet (HFD)-induced non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) was investigated using a mouse model. The DHA-PS treatment ameliorated NAFLD and effectively decreased the serum total cholesterol, triglyceride, non-esterified fatty acid, and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and considerably increased the serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. Moreover, the DHA-PS treatment reduced the levels of liver-function enzymes and pro-inflammatory cytokines and also the oxidative stress indices. Furthermore, DHA-PS increased the diversity and richness of the beneficial intestinal microorganisms, suggesting its potential as a dietary supplement and functional food to combat HFD-induced NAFLD.

Ismail

Just a side note, I took 300mg of PS last night, I was feeling quite stressed.

Within 30mins, I started to feel calmer, and that night during my sleep I had some intense and multiple nocturnal penile tumescences (light sleeper, they were intense to the point where it woke me up).