Dextrose?

PeatFeat

What is Peat's take on dextrose? I am getting back into working out and was thinking about using in my post workout nutrition. Also does adding gelatin to whey powder make it acceptable?

Ingenol

Dextrose is just glucose. Why not eat table sugar, which contains glucose and fructose in equal amounts?

OP
P

PeatFeat

Good point; I guess I should have done a little research on my own first. Thanks!

cliff

Milk powder is better than whey, milk or cheese is the best :)

jaketthomas

PeatFeat,

Why would you want to consume whey protein, out of curiosity? What are your workout goals? Whey protein is a heavily processed, health damaging "food" powder, which is high in tryptophan and denatured proteins. Most brands also contain one, if not multiple gums, which are extremely irritating to the intestines. You don't need a concentrated protein to build muscle. Eat whole foods. If you feel like you want to get nutrition into your blood stream faster, drink sugared skim milk after your workout. Maybe make your own chocolate milk (store bought ones have gums in them).

What people need to understand, is that the whole "you need X amount of protein per day to build muscle" is a SCAM that was created by nutritional supplement companies to sell more product! Muscle is built from calories and hard work. Not concentrated, overpriced protein supplements. Believe me, I've been a trainer for 15 years, and it took me 10 to realize that protein intake had nothing to do with muscle growth.

cliff

jake speaks the truth :clap:

Altho I have been skimping on milk slightly(still getting 100g+ prot) too save some money this month and I've been craving pork rinds like crazy, I start eating a bag and it's gone before I know it. So i would let hunger dictate what you need.

OP
P

PeatFeat

jaketthomas said:
PeatFeat,

Why would you want to consume whey protein, out of curiosity? What are your workout goals? Whey protein is a heavily processed, health damaging "food" powder, which is high in tryptophan and denatured proteins. Most brands also contain one, if not multiple gums, which are extremely irritating to the intestines. You don't need a concentrated protein to build muscle. Eat whole foods. If you feel like you want to get nutrition into your blood stream faster, drink sugared skim milk after your workout. Maybe make your own chocolate milk (store bought ones have gums in them).

What people need to understand, is that the whole "you need X amount of protein per day to build muscle" is a SCAM that was created by nutritional supplement companies to sell more product! Muscle is built from calories and hard work. Not concentrated, overpriced protein supplements. Believe me, I've been a trainer for 15 years, and it took me 10 to realize that protein intake had nothing to do with muscle growth.

Well, my dad buys it and gives me some for free so that's one reason. I don't take it very often, but when I do I mix it with some gelatin. I only take it after a hard workout and when I feel like I really need the extra protein. I know how ridiculous those body building sites are that recommend "2 g protein per lb of body weight". I usually just eat real food after a work out these days. My goals are to get stronger, be healthier, look better and feel better. I stopped working out after I started Peating, but once the weather got really cold I started getting depressed, lethargic and felt cold all of the time no matter what, unless I work out. I started lifting when I was 17 and it has always had a positive effect on me. As far as milk goes, I have been having it in limited quantities since I started Peating, but it always seems to cause acne flare ups so I don't really drink it much. It isn't always easy for me to get enough calories/protein when I work out because i'm always watching what I eat. I am 6'5"and can get real skinny real fast if I don't eat enough.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals