Devastating Effects Of Spaying/Neutering Pets

Amazigh

Dr. Karen Becker details the scientific facts that point to consequences of desexing pets. For Peaty Pets, but also, very relevant parallels can be drawn from this regarding the lack of hormones and disease states that arise as a result.

Lilac

Miles Mathis really opened my eyes to the negatives of spaying and neutering. If you have to do it, at least wait until the animal is older. Why rush to operate on a baby? Their health will be better the longer they have normal hormone levels. (Duh!) :panda: :beaver: :bear: :speaknoevil:

CrystalClear

I've experienced very few problems in my cats, although what Dr Becker says makes sense. I foster care cats and by law they must be "done" before rehoming. I have 11 cats living permanently with me, most are seniors, oldest about 17. They were desexed before six months except the oldest, she was 2 years. I think their diet of mostly raw meat, liver and coconut oil has kept them very healthy.

Jing

I have a 6 year old cat she isn't neutered I've been kind of worrying recently about things like cancer of the womb from not being neutered is this a concern? It doesn't seem right for her to have to keep going through being on heat.

rei

It doesn't seem right for her to have to keep going through being on heat.
Or maybe so you don't have to stand the behaviour?

We don't even castrate pedophiles because it would be cruel and yet you want to do it as routine to pets.

OP
Amazigh

Amazigh

I wonder if this would apply in some similar way to vasectomies?

She mentions it being more about removal of sex hormone-producing tissue rather than snipping a tube. I didn't know they take everything out in animals. She also mentions that tubal ligation would be much safer, but it's not really taught here in the US in veterinary schools so it's almost impossible to find someone that knows how to do it.

OP
Amazigh

Amazigh

I've experienced very few problems in my cats, although what Dr Becker says makes sense. I foster care cats and by law they must be "done" before rehoming. I have 11 cats living permanently with me, most are seniors, oldest about 17. They were desexed before six months except the oldest, she was 2 years. I think their diet of mostly raw meat, liver and coconut oil has kept them very healthy.

I started listing to this because I have a cat that was desexed at around 7 months (after he started spraying), but she only mentions the effects in dogs. Did your other cats have it done when they were older? My cat is 11 years old and so far none of those problems. I think maybe because he had some of the hormones for a short while.

tankasnowgod

We don't even castrate pedophiles because it would be cruel and yet you want to do it as routine to pets.

Yet, we routinely mutilate human babies with barbaric act of circumcision. No infant has ever consented to this, nor could they possibly understand the process. Informed consent is impossible.

Jing

I don't mind when she's on heat tbh, I've just heard not getting your cat neutered can cause cancer of the womb and while my cat is on heat she seems pretty stressed.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I wonder if this would apply in some similar way to vasectomies?

Of course it does, it increases dramatically risk of lethal prostate cancer and other related cancers like testicular and possibly also bladder. The sperm needs to be periodically expelled and getting it to pool there has already been proven to at the very least reliably cause autoimmune conditions in 50%+ of the men who get it done. Basically, they start developing antibodies to their own sperm. Of course, the claim is that this is completely benign despite the fact that chronic antibody production is known to reliably lead to vascular pathology and CVD.
https://ascopubs.org/doi/full/10.1200/JCO.2013.54.8446
A Vasectomy May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(16)44228-7/pdf
Vasectomy, anti-sperm antibodies and arterial damage. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Optimistic evaluation of the safety of vasectomy in spite of apparent absence of deleterious side effects may have been premature. Numerous studies in a variety of vasectomized animal species show that antisperm antibodies develop following vasectomy. In addition, 50% of vasectomized men have been found to have antisperm antibodies following vasectomy. By inference, this would mean a chronic source of antigen-antibody complexes which might lead to extensive vascular pathology, including endothelial damage with consequent acute vasculities and chronic atherosclerosis. A study by Alexander et al. of vasectomized monkeys suggests that the humoral immune response to antigens that often follow vasectomy could enhance diet-induced atherosclerosis. Long-term epidemiological studies of vasectomized men are needed to establish if vascular damage is a consequence of vasectomy. If so, there is an obvious need to eliminate the chronic source of antigen in those already vasectomized."

My numero uno when it comes do dealing with anything medical is this. Unless there is at least 20 years of solid follow up evidence that the intervention causes no observable pathology I would not touch it with a 10-foot pole. And if it is heavily advertised and subsidized then I would not touch it even if it was proven safe. At this point, pretty much everything around you is purposefully designed to either kill, maim, or otherwise incapacitate you for profit, or in service of some sick idiot's grand world order plans.

Last edited:

Rosie

I’m so glad this topic was brought up! I have had dogs all my life and when I lived in Sweden we did not spray or neuter. Only mail cats for obvious reasons. Female cats were put on the pill on a weekly basis rather than have them spayed. When my old Drever mix ended up with testicle cancer, they only removed the one affected and left the other one intact. Removing both was never even discussed.

I had a Labrador here in the US and I had her spayed. She ended up with spay incontinence and had to be placed on hormone replacement therapy. After a couple of years, she no longer needed the added hormones, but it does not negate that spaying had a negative effect on her.

My fiance’s current dog was neutered last summer at age 5. A couple of months afterwards, he started having problems emptying his anal sacks. I had to take him to the vet to have them manually emptied and even with that he was miserable. I talked to the vet about hormones and the fact that this started right after he was neutered. She cut me off and said that it has nothing to do with it. She suggested a bunch of food changes, flea treatment changes etc and I tried them all. Nothing worked and she started talking about having the glands removed, but it could result in anal incontinence... :eek:

Being out of options I started giving him some ProgestE in his food daily. Now he is back to normal and I think it has been 6 weeks or so. Excited about this, I posted about this on a dog Facebook group.
Right away I got a comment from a veterinarian saying to “STOP GIVING HIM PROGESTERONE IMMEDIATELY” as it could “KILL HIM”. She also said that neutering has nothing to do with it.
I asked what she thought the reason was that the progesterone in vitamin E was actually helping him then. And she responded again to STOP IMMEDIATELY “ and that the progesterone has nothing to do with it.
She said that the vitamin E could be helpful though. I asked how the vitamin E would help in this case and she said that it’s an antioxidant... I stopped asking her questions after that since she wasn’t answering me anyway.

I will never again spay or neuter any of my pets. I now have a female German Shepherd that’s a little over a year. She has not been fixed and she will stay that way. I’ll deal with the diapers a couple of times a year and keep her in a fenced yard and away from the boys.
The last thing I want is her coming home late one night with tussled hair, looking all happy and smoking a cigarette... :D

Blossom

Forum Supporter
E67C2E93-C580-481E-A05F-74DC30D144F5.jpeg

People where I live shame you relentlessly for not neutering or spaying your pet. It’s actually illegal in my county! We are very responsible with our dog who we rescued as a stray from the cold weather 8 years ago. We just never felt right about putting him through that surgery and I’m glad we haven’t done it. He is a very happy and healthy guy. I’ll admit to contemplating it because it is a pain to deal with him crying 24/7 for a few weeks out of the year when there are fertile females roaming around.

CrystalClear

I started listing to this because I have a cat that was desexed at around 7 months (after he started spraying), but she only mentions the effects in dogs. Did your other cats have it done when they were older? My cat is 11 years old and so far none of those problems. I think maybe because he had some of the hormones for a short while.

Most were done around 4 - 6 months. It's not easy living with undesexed male cats though, it just depends on the individual cat I suppose. Some I've known are aggressive and others are nice and calm.

Rosie

I think with male cats it’s very difficult because of the spraying... I don’t know how to get around having a male cat as a pet without neutering....?

The thing is, if the vast majority of pet owners were responsible, there wouldn’t be such a push to spay and neuter. The sad thing is that there are so many unwanted pets at shelters in the US, that I think vets here won’t acknowlege that spaying/neutering can have negative side effects.

When I first moved to the US, I was a bit stunned to see how different dog ownership is in the US compared to Sweden, and many other European countries. If you need to rehome a dog in Sweden, you have to find the dog a home. I have never seen a shelter. Maybe they exist, but I have never heard of one.

Over there they walk their dogs daily. If you live in town with a small yard or an apartment, you normally walk them 3 times a day. If you have acreage , it’s more like once a day. Tail docking and ear cropping has been illegal since 1989. It’s illegal to keep your dog tied to a chain for more than 2 hours in a 24 hour period, electric shock collars are not allowed. Keeping a dog in a crate is also not legal, unless you remove the door so the dog can come and go.

People take on a big commitment when they buy a dog in Sweden. Many get a dog because they themselves need excersise and getting a dog will force them to walk every day, rain or shine. I don’t know of anyone who has a fixed dog over there. I don’t agree with, or follow, every single rule as there are gray areas. I’m just pointing out some fundamental differences and why I think there is such pressure in the US to have your pets fixed.

Attachments

• C51A86A1-6AF9-44B8-B039-AB80315F5633.jpeg
    C51A86A1-6AF9-44B8-B039-AB80315F5633.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 17

CrystalClear

I think with male cats it’s very difficult because of the spraying... I don’t know how to get around having a male cat as a pet without neutering....?
The only way would be to have an outdoor enclosure. Female cats spray too, just don't smell really strong like undesexed males. My neighbour's male cat is whole and about 5 years old. They let him roam around 24/7. He's only healthy because he comes to my place for good meals. My neighbours are deadbeats when it comes to their pets They'd be in jail probably if they lived in Sweden.

The Lion whisperer, Kevin Richardson, keeps his lions whole and the girls are on contraceptives. He said they average a lifespan of about 17 years, which is on a par with desexed moggies imo. They have their share of medical issues.
With my cats on a better, more Peaty diet, I hope to give them longer lives with very few or no health issues. On the Peaty diet we've had no vet visits for 3 years.

yerrag

I learned my lesson not to neuter a male cat too early. I'll wait until he's a year old, or even two years. At least he's sowed his oats and enjoyed some. Neutering too early causes the cat's urinary lumen to stop developing to a large size. This will cause future obstruction in the lumen and will cause health problems. I got wrong advice once and neutered my cat at 4 months. He grew up thin and his appetite wasn't hearty. In his third year he died. If there was one thing I did wrong it was neutering him too early.

I'm happy for this thread. I plan on having a cat in the future when I live by myself, and neutering/spaying/desexing animals sounded like something very strange to me since I first heard of it. Haidut's advice is solid as always. The way they promote these procedures as if they were "essential"( "yeah, why not cut my dog's balls, oh what's that, it may suffer hormone problems and live a shitty life? Well, it's better than going against the medical establishment!") is disgusting.

RobertJM

My cat is already neutered, what can I do from here? She is a beautiful cat and seems healthy at the moment (at age two) but after seeing what happened to my Mum’s previous cats I don’t want my cat to suffer the same fate. It just seems to be accepted that cats get older and then start to suffer crippling diseases as they do so. No dignity involved. Maybe that’s why they deem it ok to ‘put them to sleep’ to end their suffering.

Last edited:

yerrag

My cat is already neutered, what can I do from here? She is a beautiful cat and seems healthy at the moment (at age two) but after seeing what happened to my Mums cat I don’t want my cat to suffer the same fate
I think of this also. Would 1 drop a week of Progestene be enough? Or should I add 1 drop of Pansterone as well, to have pregnenolone and DHEA? Would this apply to both desexed male and female cats?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals