Deuterium In Carbs - Should I Be Concerned?

B

BRBsavinWorld

Howdy all, I’m interested in the dangers of Deuterium.

From the zero-dietary-carb carnivore community I once religiously followed, there persists a belief that deuterium in the levels present in Dietary carbs, causes faster aging and death, rather than from a diet deriving glucose from gluconeogenesis.
I’m hoping for a vigorous discussion from some bright minds (maybe @haidut could be so kind, as to chime in :D).

Thanks!

L_C

Howdy all, I’m interested in the dangers of Deuterium.

From the zero-dietary-carb carnivore community I once religiously followed, there persists a belief that deuterium in the levels present in Dietary carbs, causes faster aging and death, rather than from a diet deriving glucose from gluconeogenesis.
I’m hoping for a vigorous discussion from some bright minds (maybe @haidut could be so kind, as to chime in :D).

Thanks!
Does anyone know how to deplete deuterium from our bodies. Would that be methylene blue?

RealNeat

No your dietary modifications would barely make a dent in your deuterium levels, no matter your diet the only reasonable ways to lower bodily deuterium is to drink DDW which is created by the companies that sell them. Unless I had a severe disease I wouldn't really get too concerned about it. It seems like a bioenergetic cancer phenomena where the cancer metabolism causes the mutation as opposed to the mutation causing the cancer, meaning deuterium excess is likely there because of pathological metabolism as opposed to disease being present because of high deuterium, high deuterium is a lack of an ability to excrete it, Ray Peat principles should assist in its swift removal.

The only other way to somewhat effectively deplete it is to be diminish all water intake, eat fresh and seasonally and dry fast every so often. But as mentioned before unless you want your quality of life to decrease substantially, just buy some DDW concentrate and experiment with it.

LLight

I also wonder if intermittent dry fasting could induce intermittent deuterium "depletion" (not sure we can really say it is depleted). Thus it would allow periods of low deuterium availability combined with periods where it is more available.

This is only an hypothesis that this could be relevant or would be producing an interesting condition to the human body (not sure that this is the reason why some people seem to thrive with IDF).

RealNeat

No your dietary modifications would barely make a dent in your deuterium levels, no matter your diet the only reasonable ways to lower bodily deuterium is to drink DDW which is created by the companies that sell them. Unless I had a severe disease I wouldn't really get too concerned about it. It seems like a bioenergetic cancer phenomena where the cancer metabolism causes the mutation as opposed to the mutation causing the cancer, meaning deuterium excess is likely there because of pathological metabolism as opposed to disease being present because of high deuterium, high deuterium is a lack of an ability to excrete it, Ray Peat principles should assist in its swift removal.

The only other way to somewhat effectively deplete it is to be diminish all water intake, eat fresh and seasonally and dry fast every so often. But as mentioned before unless you want your quality of life to decrease substantially, just buy some DDW concentrate and experiment with it.
If I didn't make it clear the decrease in life quality would be due to an overly restrictive and stress inducing diet to try and lower deuterium.

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

Interesting.
I finally heard something from Ray, similar to that. I’m interested in any research that shows it being a metabolic issue

Beastmode

I'm interested in the topic as it's probably not a bad idea if one can afford the costs of the DDM water. I've listened to interviews of the owners of LITEWATER, wholesale distributor of it in the states, and they claim it's ideal to get levels checked and aim to reduce DDM in the body to around 120. The way they suggest is to mix their water with the water you normally drink to balance it out to a desired DDM level. I may give it a go as I only drink about 2 cups of water when I'm making coffee. Not sure if it'll make a difference, but I do all the basic stuff really well and can sense when something changes a lot better nowadays. Also, depending on where one lives, the DDM in their local water might be low enough to net a positive change (i.e- Boulder, Co.)

2 emails with Peat about deuterium.

12/18/19
ME
Is there a test that's worth getting to check my levels?

There are some water delivery services that offer deuterium depleted water and I'm wondering if it's worth using for my daily coffee and cooking greens, etc?

I don't drink water by itself so I'm thinking in regards to maximizing health via this route.

Any insights of your own in regards on this area of heath?

PEAT:
If you use it for making coffee and soup and reconstituting orange juice I think it is likely to retard aging slightly.

04/03/22
ME:
How would you describe deuterium depleted water’s mechanism on slowing/reversing aging?

PEAT:
I don’t think it’s enough to have a noticeable effect. If all the water in all your food were completely deuteriam free, that could probably slow aging.

aliml

Scientists believe 'heavy water' enriched with a rare form of hydrogen could add as much as ten years to life.

Dr Shchepinov's theory is based on deuterium, a naturally-occurring isotope, or form of hydrogen, that strengthens the bonds in between and around the body's cells, making them less vulnerable to attack.

He found that water enriched with deuterium, which is twice as heavy as normal hydrogen, extends the lifespan of worms by 10 per cent. And fruitflies fed the 'water of life' lived up to 30 per cent longer.

He now believes people could also benefit from the sweet-tasting water, or from deuterium-enriched 'heavy foods'.

Austin Resch

I'm interested in the topic as it's probably not a bad idea if one can afford the costs of the DDM water. I've listened to interviews of the owners of LITEWATER, wholesale distributor of it in the states, and they claim it's ideal to get levels checked and aim to reduce DDM in the body to around 120. The way they suggest is to mix their water with the water you normally drink to balance it out to a desired DDM level. I may give it a go as I only drink about 2 cups of water when I'm making coffee. Not sure if it'll make a difference, but I do all the basic stuff really well and can sense when something changes a lot better nowadays. Also, depending on where one lives, the DDM in their local water might be low enough to net a positive change (i.e- Boulder, Co.)

12/18/19
ME

There are some water delivery services that offer deuterium depleted water and I'm wondering if it's worth using for my daily coffee and cooking greens, etc?

I don't drink water by itself so I'm thinking in regards to maximizing health via this route.

PEAT:
If you use it for making coffee and soup and reconstituting orange juice I think it is likely to retard aging slightly.

04/03/22
ME:
How would you describe deuterium depleted water’s mechanism on slowing/reversing aging?

PEAT:
I don’t think it’s enough to have a noticeable effect. If all the water in all your food were completely deuteriam free, that could probably slow aging
On an unrelated note, would you mind sharing how I could get in contact with ray peat through his email? Thanks

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

12/18/19
ME

PEAT:

04/03/22
ME:

PEAT:
I don’t think it’s enough to have a noticeable effect. If all the water in all your food were completely deuteriam free, that could probably slow aging.
Awesome! Thanks! I’ll have to check out that water now. I eat a lot of soup, so that could have an impact.

Beastmode

Awesome! Thanks! I’ll have to check out that water now. I eat a lot of soup, so that could have an impact.
I'll report on here if and when I give it a go. The plan would be 3 months to give it the time suggested by "experts."

RealNeat

The solution is likely less water not more, unless it's DD. Metabolic water is DD.

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

The solution is likely less water not more, unless it's DD. Metabolic water is DD.
For sure. I’d only try that particular water. Otherwise, apart from soup, I only consume juices and milk for my fluid, hehe.

LLight

You can always try and see if it does something nonetheless. That would still be a lower deuterium consumption.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals