Dermatitis?

Morgan

If it's being caused by malassezia(fungi) then selenium sulfide or gentle zinc pyrithione soaps may help, even salicylic acid can be beneficial, and it's sometimes called a BHA in topical treatments. Selsun blue is a rather harsh formula, especially if used on the skin, and if the flare ups are caused by an allergen.. one of the most common is fragranced ingredients. So, I would check some of the commonly used items and phase them out in favor of fragrance free/alcohol free formulas, not to be confused with fatty alcohols that act as emollients.

Oh, and something else to try is a raw honey mask for 15-20mins.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

If it's being caused by malassezia(fungi) then selenium sulfide or gentle zinc pyrithione soaps may help, even salicylic acid can be beneficial, and it's sometimes called a BHA in topical treatments. Selsun blue is a rather harsh formula, especially if used on the skin, and if the flare ups are caused by an allergen.. one of the most common is fragranced ingredients. So, I would check some of the commonly used items and phase them out in favor of fragrance free/alcohol free formulas, not to be confused with fatty alcohols that act as emollients.

Oh, and something else to try is a raw honey mask for 15-20mins.

Ive thought along that idea. I went through a phase of using no soap, no shampoo, no deodorant, no washing detergent, no chemicals in the bathroom, laundry or kitchen. I tried topical aspirin but makes it more inflamed.

Ill give the honey a try, thanks for the suggestion.

Note

Post-infalmmation hyperpigmentation - one treatment is niacinamide, topical. Many other treatments are either prescription only or banned/discontinued.

I use niacinamide dissolved in water and apply on skin, I use cotton pads.

I am thinking to try vit.E as well.

Note

Life-flo magnesium oil.

I spray solban only onto pimples or left over marks; it doesn't seem to dry my skin out. It does seem to help with clearing up marks more quickly, but it's hard to tell for certain. I do think it makes pimples recede more quickly.

Thanks a lot, do you use anything else on your skin?

Milena

Blocking Tissue Destruction

• "It is common medical knowledge that cortisone and related glucocorticioid-type hormones cause skin to atrophy, becoming thinner. Using topical applications of a synthetic derivative of cortisione,CM Papa and A M. Kligman showed that the atrophy extended to the pigment cells,reducing their size and eliminating most of their dendritic branches. Some animal studies have found that estrogen caused the skin to become thinner. The other steroids they tested,progesterone, testosterone,and pregnenolone, acted in the opposite direction, making aged and atrophied skin thicker and more regular. They also made the pigment cells larger, and increased their branchinhg.l Since these hormones were already known to have protective actions against cortisone and estrogen, these results were not too surprising, though they did directly contradict the claims of people who made estrogen-containing cosmetics. "
Another price of the puzzle for me. When I went low fat for 3 -4 wks, recently, I had to stop as the skin on my knuckles got thin and dry light thin paper and I developed patches on dry skin like eczema on my chest and a recurrence of quarter$-sized patch on my leg.

This may have been due to an ongoing predominance of estrogen, I am getting hold of some Progest-E in the future so will try carrot salad and boiled mushroom this low-fat run and see if dry skin develops again.

Last edited:
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Blocking Tissue Destruction

• "It is common medical knowledge that cortisone and related glucocorticioid-type hormones cause skin to atrophy, becoming thinner. Using topical applications of a synthetic derivative of cortisione,CM Papa and A M. Kligman showed that the atrophy extended to the pigment cells,reducing their size and eliminating most of their dendritic branches. Some animal studies have found that estrogen caused the skin to become thinner. The other steroids they tested,progesterone, testosterone,and pregnenolone, acted in the opposite direction, making aged and atrophied skin thicker and more regular. They also made the pigment cells larger, and increased their branchinhg.l Since these hormones were already known to have protective actions against cortisone and estrogen, these results were not too surprising, though they did directly contradict the claims of people who made estrogen-containing cosmetics. "
Another price of the puzzle for me. When I went low fat for 3 -4 wks, recently, I had to stop as the skin on my knuckles got thin and dry light thin paper and I developed patches on dry skin like eczema on my chest and a recurrence of quarter$-sized patch on my leg.

This may have been due to an ongoing predominance of estrogen, I am getting hold of some Progest-E in the future so will try carrot salad and boiled mushroom this low-fat run and see if dry skin develops again.

I read into the glucocorticoids steroid creams as well and topical application on me bought about broken capillaries. Fortunately if I stop using it they heal. They do one thing, suppress inflammation but have over 5 times negative side effects.

Interesting about the low fat causing the skin to dry. Fat from my experience is important for smooth digestion. An engine needs oil to lubricate it and stay moist to run smoothly.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

UPDATE:

I stopped the topical Elocon usually used it once every 7-10days (hydrocortisone) and it flared up badly and couldn't sleep much from the burning and itching, It drove me from half crazy to full crazy and did read that stopping hydrocortisone can cause a flare up and it did far worse then when I started using it.

- I applied apple cider vinegar with honey on with the enzyme (mother) and it made it worse (like fuel to a fire) but some people have had good results with it.
- Sat out in the sun for an hour each day
- I put progest-e on with with olive oil because I found a study where they compared cortisone to progesterone's anti inflammatory effects on rats and found them to be similar except there was one thing that cortisone did which progesterone doesn't and had no effect that I could notice.

I was looking on pubmed, google scholar, Ray's website and on here and came accross this quote by Ray:

RP: These studies have been done in many different ways. But I've had several sort of random experiences with both Procaine and Lidocaine that were really just amazing to me. For example, a girl with life time terrible eczema, red and scaly all over; she put a hand full of I think it was rubbing alcohol mostly with some Novocaine in it and stroked it up her shin. And with at same speed that her hand moved up her shin a wave of normal looking skin appeared right behind it. And it stayed that way. And I've seen people with terrible burns. If they could get it on in the first minute or so the burn stopped and didn't develop. It has anti-histamine, anti-serotonin effects, stopping inflammation in its tracks. But what it´s doing — all of these well known anti-inflammatory things are also undoing the limiting and harmful genetic changes that are caused by injury.

I found that I could by Xylocaine 5% (similar to procaine and lidocaine) ointment OTC it was expensive but I thought it would be worth a shot and started applying it topically and orally and its almost cleared the dermatitis and really bought the inflammation down without damaging the skin, I feel a lot better.

The beauty of 'Caine's' is that they are anaesthetics and stopped the burning and itching immediately plus the other benefits of anti-inflammatory and more complex actions on cells and nervous system.

In hindsight I would never have used the hydrocortisone and tried coal tar instead.

Last edited:

Greenie

Wow I wonder if this goes for seb Derm on the scalp as well. Thanks for the update

UPDATE:

I stopped the topical Elocon usually used it once every 7-10days (hydrocortisone) and it flared up badly and couldn't sleep much from the burning and itching, It drove me from half crazy to full crazy and did read that stopping hydrocortisone can cause a flare up and it did far worse then when I started using it.

- I applied apple cider vinegar with honey on with the enzyme (mother) and it made it worse (like fuel to a fire) but some people have had good results with it.
- Sat out in the sun for an hour each day
- I put progest-e on with with olive oil because I found a study where they compared cortisone to progesterone's anti inflammatory effects on rats and found them to be similar except there was one thing that cortisone did which progesterone doesn't and had no effect that I could notice.

I was looking on pubmed, google scholar, Ray's website and on here and came accross this quote by Ray:

RP: These studies have been done in many different ways. But I've had several sort of random experiences with both Procaine and Lidocaine that were really just amazing to me. For example, a girl with life time terrible eczema, red and scaly all over; she put a hand full of I think it was rubbing alcohol mostly with some Novocaine in it and stroked it up her shin. And with at same speed that her hand moved up her shin a wave of normal looking skin appeared right behind it. And it stayed that way. And I've seen people with terrible burns. If they could get it on in the first minute or so the burn stopped and didn't develop. It has anti-histamine, anti-serotonin effects, stopping inflammation in its tracks. But what it´s doing — all of these well known anti-inflammatory things are also undoing the limiting and harmful genetic changes that are caused by injury.

I found that I could by Xylocaine 5% (similar to procaine and lidocaine) ointment OTC it was expensive but I thought it would be worth a shot and started applying it topically and orally and its almost cleared the dermatitis and really bought the inflammation down without damaging the skin, I feel a lot better.

The beauty of 'Caine's' is that they are anaesthetics and stopped the burning and itching immediately plus the other benefits of anti-inflammatory and more complex actions on cells and nervous system.

In hindsight I would never have used the hydrocortisone and tried coal tar instead.
w

shepherdgirl

Sounds like the xylocaine is working great.
Just wanted to say I had red, scaly undereye skin a few times (not in many years now), and applying petroleum jelly to the irritation really helped me. If it is too shiny you can just blot it. I would not recommend coconut oil - in my experience I have found it to be very drying and I would think it could make the irritation worse.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Sounds like the xylocaine is working great.
Just wanted to say I had red, scaly undereye skin a few times (not in many years now), and applying petroleum jelly to the irritation really helped me. If it is too shiny you can just blot it. I would not recommend coconut oil - in my experience I have found it to be very drying and I would think it could make the irritation worse.

That was June last year, the dermatitis came back even worse after that time and I went back to using cortisone cream until January this year. I was going to update it again when I found a solution but never found one.

It was difficult to treat topically was it was right around my eyes. It came down to increasing my metabolism too much for how much energy I was consuming and as I slowly was increasing my food intake due to healthier appetite.

It had be baffled for a long time because aspirin, progesterone, liver etc seemed to make it worse when I thought it would make it better. Everyone around me in my culture does not seem to eat very much at all because of media. 1000 calories per day, sickening.

I was living in a share house and it became a bad place to be all my food was being stolen, milk being stolen. I had no choice at the time and started eating Mcdonald's 3 meals per day having egg and sausage muffin and coffee, cheese burgers, ice-cream, coca cola. I also eat oysters and lollies for gelatin. It has been good because I wasn't able to keep up with all the meal preparation and it has been the best thing for me eating Mcdonald's for all my meals. I've been doing it for 6 months and my dermatitis is gone, no more creams or anything. Its a crude way of going about things.

shepherdgirl

Interesting... so in this case slowing down your metabolism temporarily was a good thing. Glad something worked for you.

shepherdgirl

What made you perceive that I slowed my metabolism down?
Just the increased pufa from fast food (although you steered clear of the deep fryer), plus it sounded like you were avoiding aspirin, progesterone, etc. for a while since that was making it worse. And my understanding was that you thought it was caused when your metabolism was getting ahead of your food intake, so since the fast food had helped I interpreted that as slowing down your metabolic rate, which I guess is kind of an unusual conclusion to draw. But it could also be that your higher caloric intake finally matched your increased metabolism. Did you notice a general trend in your temps/heartrate that could indicate that your metabolic rate had increased?

OP
Herbie

Herbie

When I first implementing RP ideas I wasn't eating much (would have had slow metabolism) and started increasing metabolism with his ideas from drinking coca cola, coffee, eating liver and taking aspirin and i got dermatitis and it wasn't until I started eating mc'donalds for a different reason that my appetite increased more and more to where I have healthy appetite and more than doubled my food intake unconsciously.

I went from eating 1000 calories although nutrient dense per day now to eating 2400 give or take and when I use aspirin and progesterone now its good.

I put on 5 kgs and became leaner, I used to get cold feet all the time and no longer do, heart rate I do not measure but I checked it then and its 80bpm 2 hours after breakfast. My metabolism is fast now like teenager I drink 1 litre of coca cola per day, where I live all the coca cola uses cane sugar.

I thought eating mc'donalds would be heaps of pufa but where I live they use canola oil and its an option at mc'donalds to have as little oil on the beef as possible so the pufa in my diet is still low because Im not eating the fries or hash browns. Its the only restaurant which publishes all the ingredients and nutrient levels on the website so no secrets and can make judgment.

Again its a crude way of doing what people do on this forum and it works well. I don't have to think about what to eat, time lost preparing food, cleaning etc, it turns out to be less stress in life.

I was inspired by Warren Buffet and Donald Trump on their opinions of mc'donalds.

Last edited:

shepherdgirl

Yeah, it sounds like your metabolism has really improved by eating more. I think it's kind of hard to get enough calories if you are getting the bulk of your calories from milk and oj. I think I also need to eat more. Anyway, glad it helped your skin!!
p.s. afaik, canola oil is very high in pufa, so it is good that they don't use a lot of oil. If dining out is reducing your stress that's really important.

InChristAlone

Wow this gives me the kick in the pants to really start eating more, for the last yr I can not get over 2000 calories. In the winter I was at 1700 and less. So no wonder my body can't get over this dermatitis. McDonald's! Haha. 1 litre of coke? That's like a modified Matt stone diet. (He doesn't promote liquids)

ebs

Since you live down under, perhaps stay out of the sun more? The sun is great for many things except the skin. Also, if it develops during the night perhaps it's some sort of allergy? Do you change pillowcases often? Could be some kind of allergy or hygiene problem. You might try sleeping on satin instead of cotton or polyester if you do. Just speculating.

Could also be due to certain kinds of fat intake. Macadamia nuts gave me boils on my back even though it is supposed to be very healthy. It went away and never came back the moment I stopped eating it. I suspect it had to do with the palmitic acid in the nuts.

Edit: Didn't realize you already cured it with McDonalds. Good for you. :smiley:

Last edited:
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Yeah, it sounds like your metabolism has really improved by eating more. I think it's kind of hard to get enough calories if you are getting the bulk of your calories from milk and oj. I think I also need to eat more. Anyway, glad it helped your skin!!
p.s. afaik, canola oil is very high in pufa, so it is good that they don't use a lot of oil. If dining out is reducing your stress that's really important.

I tried that high liquid diet at the start, I lived in high humidity next to ocean, couldn't do it and even though there is a lot of orange groves in my area I still cannot get sweet beautiful oranges all year round. Its high in mufa but not has bad as soy bean oil for example and I think its hydrogenated. Thanks all the best. Canola has high smoke point and mcdonalds don't heat it above the smoke point, those beef paddies are seared on stainless steel as far as I am aware.

EIRE24

Since you live down under, perhaps stay out of the sun more? The sun is great for many things except the skin. Also, if it develops during the night perhaps it's some sort of allergy? Do you change pillowcases often? Could be some kind of allergy or hygiene problem. You might try sleeping on satin instead of cotton or polyester if you do. Just speculating.

Could also be due to certain kinds of fat intake. Macadamia nuts gave me boils on my back even though it is supposed to be very healthy. It went away and never came back the moment I stopped eating it. I suspect it had to do with the palmitic acid in the nuts.

Edit: Didn't realize you already cured it with McDonalds. Good for you. :smiley:
Sun is bad for the skin? No it's not.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I get a lot of sun, too much but in winter none. Yeah I got new pillows and lived in Northern Europe in winter and came back, initially I thought it was pillows or linen. I went from cotton to satin pillow case as well. Thanks for the suggestions, often it would be something like that for people.

Interesting about the Macadamia nuts.

Yeah life is full of mystery's

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals