Dermatitis?

EIRE24

I have dermatitis, below my eyes and around my nose. Like you, can feel it coming on--the skin around my nostrils starts to burn. I have kept the dermatitis at bay for over a year using vitamin D drops, 1000IU in MCT oil. Applied topically to recurring problem areas.
This is interesting, did vitamin A or higher doses make it worse or better?

PhilParma

This is interesting, did vitamin A or higher doses make it worse or better?
I don't recall high dose vit A having any effect on my dermatitis, if that's what you're asking.

I think maybe I'll stop applying the vit D topically and see how long it takes for dermatitis to crop up.

EIRE24

I don't recall high dose vit A having any effect on my dermatitis, if that's what you're asking.

I think maybe I'll stop applying the vit D topically and see how long it takes for dermatitis to crop up.
Strange, I have acne and eczema patches and whatever I try to do nothing works to get rid of it. I am tempted to try high doses of A to see.

PhilParma

Strange, I have acne and eczema patches and whatever I try to do nothing works to get rid of it. I am tempted to try high doses of A to see.
I have experimented with high dose (100k-ish IU) vit A in order to see if it would completely eliminate what's left of my mild acne, and it really didn't seem to do much for me. What has been working for me the last few months with regard to acne is topical magnesium oil, applied throughout the face. It's a mess and a hassle, but it really seems to prevent acne for me--thus far.

Vit D for seb derm, magnesium for acne. And Solban helps the skin recover faster from whatever acne/pimples that do happen to pop up. Just my experience; I know that skin issues are notoriously complex.

brix

the only thing that has completely stopped my seb derm was the medicated selsun blue used daily.

Queequeg

I have a small spot of dermatitis behind my ear lobe that nothing seemed to get rid of. I tried
coconut oil,
vit A,
Vit E,
Vit D,
castor oil
and red light.
Just two days ago I tried Pegnenolone in coconut oil and for the first time in 3 years its almost gone.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

the only thing that has completely stopped my seb derm was the medicated selsun blue used daily.

Thanks ill keep the medicated one in mind. Im using the selsun blue atm with good results was every day now twice per week.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I have a small spot of dermatitis behind my ear lobe that nothing seemed to get rid of. I tried
coconut oil,
vit A,
Vit E,
Vit D,
castor oil
and red light.
Just two days ago I tried Pegnenolone in coconut oil and for the first time in 3 years its almost gone.

All the best with the full recovery.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I did the topical retinol not on the dermatitis itself.

I had been really increasing retinol in the diet from eggs, cheese, milk, liver and then got the topical retinol and worked up at 100000iu a day spread over 4-6 applications over a month or so but didn't notice anything but I was glad anyway because at least I didn't have a deficiency.

EIRE24

coconut oil,
vit A,
Vit E,
Vit D,
castor oil
and red light.
Preg applied topically?

Queequeg

Preg applied topically?
Yes. I broke open a few pregnenolone pills and mixed them in melted coconut oil. The dermatitis is almost completely gone.

Queequeg

I want to correct my previous suggestion. Topical pregnenolone only got me so far and stopped really improving anything. I then tried topical Niacinamide (aq soln) and that completely cured my spot of dermatitis.

Note

I have experimented with high dose (100k-ish IU) vit A in order to see if it would completely eliminate what's left of my mild acne, and it really didn't seem to do much for me. What has been working for me the last few months with regard to acne is topical magnesium oil, applied throughout the face. It's a mess and a hassle, but it really seems to prevent acne for me--thus far.

Vit D for seb derm, magnesium for acne. And Solban helps the skin recover faster from whatever acne/pimples that do happen to pop up. Just my experience; I know that skin issues are notoriously complex.

What magnesium oil do you use?
Do you apply Solban just on pimple, is not drying out your skin?

Do you have experience with red/brown marks left after pimples?
And what can help to get rid of it or avoiding it from formatting?

Milena

Post-infalmmation hyperpigmentation - one treatment is niacinamide, topical. Many other treatments are either prescription only or banned/discontinued.

PhilParma

Life-flo magnesium oil.

I spray solban only onto pimples or left over marks; it doesn't seem to dry my skin out. It does seem to help with clearing up marks more quickly, but it's hard to tell for certain. I do think it makes pimples recede more quickly.

Ideonaut

I thought something like this but Ive used penicillin, charcoal and carrot salad and mushrooms and didn't have any effect on the dermatitis.

I can't remember what I was doing at the time Ive tried to think about exactly what I was doing. My diet is always changing so its difficult to remember.
I had good luck curing a skin problem with neem oil. http://www.discoverneem.com/neem-oil-skin.html It's a traditional ayurvedic skin treatment and is said to cure what ails ya. Even good for dog mange and fleas and as an insect repellant. I'm going to go get some lye from the hardware store and make up a batch of coconut oil soap and add neem oil. You can also get it in capsules to take orally.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I want to correct my previous suggestion. Topical pregnenolone only got me so far and stopped really improving anything. I then tried topical Niacinamide (aq soln) and that completely cured my spot of dermatitis.

Good to here and interesting.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I had good luck curing a skin problem with neem oil.

I have come across it before, Its worth a try and if the dermatitis is a bacteria cause then it would possible sort it out. Im not sure if its caused by bacteria or some other systemic problem but neither does allopathic medicine.

Thanks for the suggestion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals