Der Spiegel: How The Sugar Lobby Lies And Seduces Us

F

Frama

Hey,
I just was to a bar meeting some friends, not very close friends but people from whom I know that they are smart, well informed.....
One friend brought up that the current editions headline of "Der Spiegel" is:
"How the sugar lobby lies and seduces us"
( I am located in Germany, Der Spiegel is the most influential news magazin over here in Germany, please keep in mind that Germany is the most important country in the whole EU ).

So basically the article was all against sugar citing reputable medicals.
I argued that sugar is not the problem, it is more the wrong fats, compromised sugar metabolism, etc.
( I am peating for a few months after having read most of Ray`s articles, having watched tons of hours of Ray`s videos on Youtube, feeling very good, beeing muscular without working out, having a strong libido, frequent erections, you name it... )

I am shocked that my message is not even considered to be true even though my friends listended closely to my well laid out arguments.
So how can an average person stand a chance against this Propaganda?
What do you think?

Frank

L

lollipop

Hey,
I just was to a bar meeting some friends, not very close friends but people from whom I know that they are smart, well informed.....
One friend brought up that the current editions headline of "Der Spiegel" is:
"How the sugar lobby lies and seduces us"
( I am located in Germany, Der Spiegel is the most influential news magazin over here in Germany, please keep in mind that Germany is the most important country in the whole EU ).

So basically the article was all against sugar citing reputable medicals.
I argued that sugar is not the problem, it is more the wrong fats, compromised sugar metabolism, etc.
( I am peating for a few months after having read most of Ray`s articles, having watched tons of hours of Ray`s videos on Youtube, feeling very good, beeing muscular without working out, having a strong libido, frequent erections, you name it... )

I am shocked that my message is not even considered to be true even though my friends listended closely to my well laid out arguments.
So how can an average person stand a chance against this Propaganda?
What do you think?

Frank
My experience as well. I have presented loads of research links, anecdotal experience confirming EXACTLY what the research shows or Peat’s article says and nothing. Very difficult to get anyone to budge from their entrenched beliefs brought about from extreme misinformation. So I gave up caring, trying to convince and just take good care of myself and my husband who does believe me so we thrive and continue to thrive as the years pass by.

theLaw

Your friends chose the path of least resistance............to not believe your claims.

Keep in mind that Ray is not out spreading the word about his findings, but instead assumes that those interested will find him...........and they do!:cool:

OP
F

Frama

Thanks for your kind words.

I often tried helping people to understand their metabolism better;
not in a missionary way but very cautious and non-invasive. I have never experienced any positive outcome from it, so I quit spreading the word. For example, if people praise vegetables without knowing about their dangers or if they state that cancer strives on sugar misunderstanding Otto Warburgs work I normally just let them do their talking, but today my sense for standing up was triggered by my conversional partners pseudo-scientific plain wrong arguments that I could not hold back.

L

lollipop

Your friends chose the path of least resistance............to not believe your claims.

Keep in mind that Ray is not out spreading the word about his findings, but instead assumes that those interested will find him...........and they do!:cool:
+1

OP
F

Frama

Wow, if have never seen it that way. But yes, your argument makes total sense. Thanks

L

lollipop

I normally just let them do their talking, but today my sense for standing up was triggered by my conversional partners pseudo-scientific plain wrong arguments that I could not hold back.
I SOOOOO get this :): I have experienced it as well. Now, like @theLaw said, I trust those that need will find the truth...

Sobieski

Most of the time you just have to let them do their own thing. I usually find the simple question of 'if sugar is dangerous, why is it the most efficient fuel for our bodies?' leaves most people stumped.

OP
F

Frama

Most of the time you just have to let them do their own thing. I usually find the simple question of 'if sugar is dangerous, why is it the most efficient fuel for our bodies?' leaves most people stumped.
Yes, I could try that but consider this:
I have another friend who is all about Keto-Lyfestile. Almost always after having head no carbs for some time he binges a whole week on Pizza but he is not able to connect the dots even though I have aksed him if he can see any correlation. He is not dumb at all, just blinded.

Sobieski

If something is part of someones outward identity it's unlikely that they will listen to reason, especially if in front of a group of peers, unfortunate as that is. But that's human nature, we have the capacity to be logical but a lot of people do not utilise it.

ken

I read some place in comments to a blog post. "Well, I can understand how above ground plants can develop anti-metabolic toxins to discourage predators, I understand how unsaturated fats are dangerous. But I just can't believe sugar is good for you."

OP
F

Frama

If something is part of someones outward identity it's unlikely that they will listen to reason, especially if in front of a group of peers, unfortunate as that is. But that's human nature, we have the capacity to be logical but a lot of people do not utilise it.
Yes, I it is sad to say but so true.

OP
F

Frama

I read some place in comments to a blog post. "Well, I can understand how above ground plants can develop anti-metabolic toxins to discourage predators, I understand how unsaturated fats are dangerous. But I just can't believe sugar is good for you."
Exactly what I experienced today. Thanks for your input.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Just recently the cashier and bagger at the grocery (both older than me) were complaining about waking up in the night and not being able to go back to sleep. I told them to try a snack with carbs, protein and fat or a bit of salt/sugar.
Seriously, you would have thought I'd suggested they go jump off a bridge or walk out in traffic. Apparently the common perception is that if you eat anything after dinner it will outright kill you and most definitely if it contains sugar, salt or fat! Whoa, I thought they were going to light torches and chase me out of the store. No kidding. Sad thing is if I'd had on my work clothes they probably would have listened to me.

OP
F

Frama

Just recently the cashier and bagger at the grocery (both older than me) were complaining about waking up in the night and not being able to go back to sleep. I told them to try a snack with carbs, protein and fat or a bit of salt/sugar.
Seriously, you would have thought I'd suggested they go jump off a bridge or walk out in traffic. Apparently the common perception is that if you eat anything after dinner it will outright kill you and most definitely if it contains sugar, salt or fat! Whoa, I thought they were going to light torches and chase me out of the store. No kidding. Sad thing is if I'd had on my work clothes they probably would have listened to me.
Oh yes, I can picture it.
That reminds me of having some ice cream not forgetting my daily take of Sodium-Bicarbonate...

OP
F

Frama

Thanks to all the contributors of this thread; you made my day!

x-ray peat

I think we have been brainwashed to not trust any information that doesn't come from known sources of authority (doctor/Newsman/ Professor etc.) because if it were true, the authorities would have told us. This starts at a young age where the teacher is always right and you get in trouble for ever questioning her/him. It obviously has gotten worse in recent years.

Over time some people with curious minds will begin to realize that they have been lied to about so many things in the past, that they will be more open to new and unorthodox information, but for most it is much easier to go with the flow and outsource their thinking to the "experts."