Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, PCOS, Milk Tolerance, Greying Hair

OP
M

mamaherrera

Thanks, I will maybe try to up calories, as long as I don't gain weight! I saw your thread on the other, I am also greying early, and I hope that being on this diet, that will reverse itself!! But I doubt you are lacking copper, because copper causes more estrogen dominance, we tend to be zinc depleted, more so than copper. I have heard that the oxidation of PUFAs can also cause white hair. Is it reversible?

J

j.

Gelatin might help with reducing gray hair. I suppose that because white and gray hairs have higher amounts of tryptophan than other colors, and consuming gelatin reduces the percentage of protein in the form of tryptophan.

Tryptophan has more positive effects when it's taken with calcium, such as in milk, which has good amounts of calcium and tryptophan.

OP
M

mamaherrera

I am definitely sleeping better with niacinamide, so gracias to you all for directing me down that path.
but two questions: I don't want it to not be used correctly (don't want hairloss) so I want to know:
Is a cup of milk with a tsp of sugar and half a banana, is that enough sugar to go with the niacinamide????
I don't want a big meal right before bed, but I want the niacinamide to have enough sugar.

Also, I always take my magnesium with this bedtime snack, (it's my only time I get magnesium, so I want to get it absorbed.) Will the calcium override the mag?? I have heard that you shouldn't take them together. But how could I do it, or do you think you get the magnesium anyways????

OP
M

mamaherrera

thanks, I will so try cuz the white hair gets me down. I would like to know if it's reversible??? I"ll let you know!

J

j.

Haven't you ever seen people whose amount of gray hair fluctuates in both directions? I'm pretty sure it's reversible.

J

j.

mamaherrera said:
Is a cup of milk with a tsp of sugar and half a banana, is that enough sugar to go with the niacinamide????

If after consuming that, sweet things are not appetizing to you, you don't have sugar cravings, then it's enough. If you want to eat sweets after that, then probably it wasn't enough and you should eat some more.

OP
M

mamaherrera

gosh you've made me get pretty gung ho and positive about this. Now let's see how much gelatin I can get in a day?? I'll keep trying it with milk, but sometimes it makes me bloat. Not sure if it's this!! I'm so happy those with the info you've given me. YOu've made my day!! But gelatin in general is good, even if not with milk?? HOw much protein do you recommend come from gelatin??? Off to drink my gelatin now!

OP
M

mamaherrera

NO I don't crave sugar. . . just want to make sure it's enough for the niacinamide to have enough sugar to work with as I'm sleeping! I've heard of some people losing hair becuase they weren't taking niacinamide with carbs. And I don't want that to happen to me.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Never seen a bald person cursing niacinamide. :)

J

j.

Increase consumption slowly, guided by whether you have digestive issues. If you don't, feel free to increase more and see how you feel. There aren't fixed numbers for a lot of these things. I don't think gelatin should be your only source of protein. As long as you consume some eggs, milk, or meat, I think gelatin can be safely increased.

J

j.

If people lose hair with niacinamide... it's got to be one of the smallest factors. His hair growth was probably ready to collapse from any further imbalance. If it wasn't the niacinamide supplement, it would've been something else anyway.

OP
M

mamaherrera

but if I'm doing right now 150 grams of protein, waht would be a good goal (end goal) for gelatin?

OP
M

mamaherrera

I am exclusively breastfeeding a 5 month year old. But I've gotten my period back, so do you all think that means progesterone is back and up to par, or could it still be low?? Like someone said, I want to try taurine, but I don't know if I have enough progesterone to help prevent the extra testosterone from converting into DHT, which I DON"T WANT> But I know prolactin does keep progesterone down. any thoughts?

catan

Do you chart your cycles? It's common for nursing mothers to have low progesterone and reflect on their charts as a shortened luteal phase (fewer than 10 or 9 days).

OP
M

mamaherrera

so would it not be a good idea to use taurine now, since it raises testosterone and I don't have as much progesterone to help counteract all that testosterone?

OP
M

mamaherrera

I have two questions:
The vitamin A added to milk, is that retinol and so that helps me get my Vitamin A in?

Also, I am breastfeeding and need to keep my iron up or I get symptoms: On cronometer, I'm consistently not getting the 100% daily value of iron. Any ideas/tips for getting more so I don't get anemia symptoms again:

any good copper supplements brands because I'm seeing many days where my ratio is off for copper/zinc and I'm trying to get my white hairs to slow down in their numbers!

And finally; ok I lied, four questions: I'm 5'3 and weigh 118 pounds, is there anything wrong with 250carbs/149 protein/50 fat, as I'm trying to lean out my stomach??? Is that bad?? I don't want to do high carb/high fat because I don't want to gain, so I thought it would be better, this ratio. See anything damaging/bad from doing it like this??

tara

Liver is a good source of A and iron.

Weight-loss dieting while breastfeeding will likely do more harm than good. You are not overweight, and you are under-nourishing yourself. Looking after a baby is hard work in itself, and you still need to be eating for two. Your ratio of carbs to protein looks pretty low. You may be causing your body unnecessary stress.

OP
M

mamaherrera

what about 250 carbs/ 135 protein and 50 fat? I think 2000 is good for me, as far as a number, but I do workout and breastfeed but I never feel hungry and in fact it is work to get 2000 in. I might try having liver twice a week, or would that be too much?

J

j.

mamaherrera said:
what about 250 carbs/ 135 protein and 50 fat? I think 2000 is good for me, as far as a number, but I do workout and breastfeed but I never feel hungry and in fact it is work to get 2000 in.

What's your weather like, what's the temperature?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals