Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, PCOS, Milk Tolerance, Greying Hair

OP
M

mamaherrera

I am struggling a lot with my symptoms that so many of you know and understand and have lived. I still can't sleep until 5-6 AM and then I sleep until noon. My mind races, and all the things that worry me start to fill my mind when I lay down and my kids no longer distract me. My hair worries me constantly because I shed these thin hair fibers, so thin you can't hardly see them (Not many, but they are there) and because most docs will tell you that it is AGA, because they're becoming vellus hairs, well. . . that 's what worries me to think I have such disease of the hair. I try and do mostly Peat, but I don't know what else to do to calm me down and get my mind off such things. I would like to think that if I calm down, lower stress, etc. these fine hairs could fall out and get thick again, but everyone else says that it's a hairloss disease, and once you've inherited it, there's nothing you can do. I just had to vent with you all, because I know many of you have suffered such anxiety/lifestyle for years. I've heard so many hopeful stories, but for me its hard to focus on the hopeful/good and instead I worry about the bad signs I see. I also see more fine lines in my face (34) and I blame myself because I know it's my fault, I worry too much, I don't sleep. etc. so I get very hard on myself. Thanks for listening. Just hoping for any more tricks up your sleeve that you all use. thanks

marcar72

I'd suggest maybe looking into some meditative techniques. (meditation) From your post it seems you get carried away with your thoughts (worries) and some meditative techniques will help strengthen your focus to the here and now.

Most of our worries never come to fruitation, but they can really drag you down just thinking about them. Jesus even said to not worry, it really don't help matters at all.

So it could be as simple as being alert to when your mind starts to worry and just not going there. Or you could actually go full out into Yoga classes.

You also might want to take a look at what all you got going on in your life and simplify it a bit so that any possible worries will be diminished. One must still be able to look ahead and plan accordingly, just don't let yourself get all worried over it. :2cents

Edit: also make sure you're getting all your B vitamin requirements met since they are known as the anti-stress/pro energy vitamins.

ilovethesea

What are you eating? Do you take thyroid, niacinamide or any other supps? What are your bedtime habits?

OP
M

mamaherrera

eating mostly Peat, my liver, OJ, cheese, fruit/yogurt (greek), gelatin I take niacinamide, B's, and have milk/salt/sugar before bed,but when my worries set in, nothing helps.

ilovethesea

Have you considered trying thyroid? Have you had TSH measured? Where are your pulse and temperatures? What time do you go to bed, do you turn the computer/TV/phone off a few hrs before? A warm Epsom salt bath before bed might help.

OP
M

mamaherrera

My TSH and thyroid numbers have always come back normal. My temp, haven't checked in a while. I go to bed super late, can't sleep until 5-6 AM and sleep until noon. Maybe the epsom salt. Thanks

PeaterPan

I had the same experiences, i'm bulking up on vegetable fiber and yogurt and my worries/anxiety is getting better and better.

It may be possible that your gut flora is messed up, i know the feeling i had to go to the hospital thinking i was dying and call an ambulance another time. Scariest experience of my life. Just thinking about it makes me sweat cold, it was pure terror.

Meanwhile you should get yourself some prescription for your anxiety, it will help to make you more functional so you can recover and find a solution.

PeaterPan

Carrots,lettuce and a mix, i eat 2 a day, one with yogurt the other one with a lot of extra virgin olive oil.

I want to eat more fiber as possible without a lot of calories.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
mamaherrera said:
thanks, I will have to try!
I just overheard a dietician say that lactating women need 500 calories per day above and beyond what is normally required for health. I'm not sure if she is right but it might be worth researching if you are still nursing. I just thought of you when I heard that today! If it is true and you didn't know about that it could explain a lot. :)

OP
M

mamaherrera

Thanks Blossom, . . . I am eating a lot, using cronometer to enforce myself to eat. I need to quit worrying so much, that is my biggest problem. . . but I've also been slacking on the carrot and milk!! I've been trying to do lactose-free milk because I've been getting bloating, and I wasn't sure if it was the milk!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
mamaherrera said:
Thanks Blossom, . . . I am eating a lot, using cronometer to enforce myself to eat. I need to quit worrying so much, that is my biggest problem. . . but I've also been slacking on the carrot and milk!! I've been trying to do lactose-free milk because I've been getting bloating, and I wasn't sure if it was the milk!
I'm glad to hear you are keeping up with your nutrition. Thanks for the reply. I was surprised when I heard that but it's been 24 years since I had a baby. Back then I think the plan was to starve pregnant and breastfeeding women. Or it may have just been my doctor that didn't know any better :shock:. If you tolerate the lactose free milk better at this time I wouldn't worry about it! Shush.....don't tell anyone but sometimes I forget the carrot salad too. :lol: I think just doing the positive things that we can as consistently as we can WITHOUT causing unnecessary stress is the main thing!

OP
M

mamaherrera

yes well I eat about 2000 calories, and I never feel hungry, but if I go over, even better!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
mamaherrera said:
yes well I eat about 2000 calories, and I never feel hungry, but if I go over, even better!
If you could go over that would probably be better since that would be like eating 1500 calories if you weren't breast feeding. That just my opinion but I do think it's hard for most adults to maintain an optimal metabolism on that amount! You still have an energy demanding human brain to fuel.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals