Depression After Working Out / Overworking At Work

member11823

10 g Essential amino acids seems to do the trick if taken before and after the workout.
If not taken, 4 to 5 days after the workout I feel depressed. Avoiding training keeps me away from depression.

Same thing for overworking at work. Something is depleted, probably because of bad digestion or too much stress (body doesn't care what the source is). Overeating doesn't help.

Almost found the solution (stop working out/ metal working a lot less). I don't get it. I can predict when the depression will come.

Also, if I go outside to the sun, the depression disappears, if the is no SUN, the it's acting with its full force.

I'm not vit D deficient. I think it's some kind of amino acid deficient, how about tyrosine?

If I'm not working out and working at all, I feel great.

10 g Essential amino acids seems to do the trick if taken before and after the workout.
If not taken, 4 to 5 days after the workout I feel depressed. Avoiding training keeps me away from depression.

Same thing for overworking at work. Something is depleted, probably because of bad digestion or too much stress (body doesn't care what the source is). Overeating doesn't help.

Almost found the solution (stop working out/ metal working a lot less). I don't get it. I can predict when the depression will come.

Also, if I go outside to the sun, the depression disappears, if the is no SUN, the it's acting with its full force.

I'm not vit D deficient. I think it's some kind of amino acid deficient, how about tyrosine?

You are spot on ste7en91, vitamin D from the sun is good for depression and Ray Peat says vigorous exercise causes stress on the body.

“Besides fasting, or chronic protein deficiency, the common causes of hypothyroidism are excessive stress or “aerobic” (i.e. anaerobic) exercise, and diets containing beans, lentils, nuts, unsaturated fats (including carotene), and undercooked broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and mustard greens. Many health conscious people become hypothyroid with a synergistic program of undercooked vegetables, legumes instead of animal proteins, oils instead of butter, carotene instead of vitamin A, and breathless exercise instead of stimulating life.” Ray Peat

aniepodam

I had once a "depression" for a week after very intense workout. Taking huge amount of magnesium fixed that almost immediately.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals