Dentist(s) Who Use Ultrasound Instead Of X-ray?

seano

Have y'all come across dentists who use ultrasounds instead of x-rays?

From what I've read, ultrasound technology has advanced to be effective for dental scans. Peat has also stated this.

But it doesn't seem the dental world is adopting the technology. I'm looking to make the case with some friends in dentistry & medicine.

One study reviewing the newer ultrasound technology:
Recent advances of ultrasound imaging in dentistry--a review of the literature. - PubMed - NCBI

Birdie

No. For one thing they have invested in their present equipment. And the reimbursement from insurance allows for standard X-rays. Really too bad...

Birdie

Oh, being from London, you're probably aware of the recent NHS guidelines to exclude homeopathic and herbal treatments. Docs being warned to stick to the pharmaceuticals.

Queequeg

I would also like to find a dentist that doesnt jam their ice pick into your teeth and thus damage the fragile matrix structure that would enable remineralization. The more I read about healthy teeth the less inclined I am to go to the dentist.

Last edited:

anp

I went to a biological dentist. There is one in SLC area that people from all over the states go to. Robertson bioLOGICAL Dentistry . They definitely take care not to overdo it. But i did not ask about xray alternatives. From my understanding the digital xray for the mouth are orders of magnitude less damaging than compared yearly mammograms.

While there is always better way i think its probably about as good as you could expect. There are many that advertise natural or homeopathic but full biological is even more rare.

It's also time intensive as they use higher quality fillings and adhesion techniques that most dentists don't use. This promotes re-mineralization underneath the filling.

I'd agree with root canals you are fairly doomed, if you pull the tooth you change all your geometry and if you leave it the dead tooth problems. So imho, all precautions should be taken to prevent tooth death.