Dental Health Degrading Quickly

dreamcatcher

Unless mexican colas with their phosphoric acid are really damaging? I've been averaging a couple of them a day for a year though, this hasn't really changed the last month or so.

I admit my calcium could maybe be better, as I don't eat dairy, but even this is not a recent change. I quit dairy months ago...
The calcium to phosphate ratio should be around 1:1. Cronometer is useful for this purpose.

moss

For information on holistic dental health and root canal, Kim Greenhouse podcasts are well worth listening to.
Sadly Dr Hal Huggins is no longer around but Stuart Nunnally is.

Dr. Stuart Nunnally - Healthy, Safe Dentistry - It's Rainmaking Time!® — It's Rainmaking Time!®

Dr. Hal Huggins - The Root of Tooth Decay - It's Rainmaking Time!® — It's Rainmaking Time!®

Dr. Hal Huggins - Whole Systems Dentistry - It's Rainmaking Time!® — It's Rainmaking Time!®

dreamcatcher

hmm maybe. its definitely true noone anymore gets enough sunlight and I was commenting on this the other day.

I'm gonna try Haidut's MB mouthwash idea (something like 20 drops of MB in 1 liter of water I think he said).

I am really torn because the dentist wants me on all this flouride and crap and I don't want that goitrogenic BS in my body, yet, I might lose my teeth without it...
There
Vegans, and very specifically fruitarians are known to develop huge teeth issues. Soda is also known to wreck teeth. I doubt its a phosphate issue.

I think the first issue is a lack of adequate protein in the diet from animal foods which is known encourage calcium absorption and retention.

The second issue would be the intake of soda and refined sugars which shuts off the hypothalamus signal to the parotid gland to produce saliva.

The third issue is the acids in the fruit are most likely wearing away at your teeth, and with the other 2 factors your body is likely not replenishing the minerals.

The fourth issue is possibly eating/ snacking too often resulting in constant assault on the teeth, especially with fruits and pure forms of sugar, not allowing the saliva to replenish teeth.

Lastly, considering your situation involving your weight and inability to digest certain foods I'd guess you probably have a gut dysbiosis and perhaps a fatty liver. The dysbiosis effects the whole intestinal tract, when my teeth where the worst was when my gut was the worst. The fatty liver may impair your thyroid function i.e. conversion of T4 to T3, which can effect oral/ GI health.

Despite the importance of experimentation, I think that some of your experiments are extreme and perhaps some of your base hypothesis are flawed.
@CLASH Just wondering if you eat fruits and refined sugar for carbs? Thank you.

dreamcatcher

I think any decent quality unrefined sea salt will do the trick, as sea salt is not particularly vulnerable to losing its quality during production (from what I am aware). Some additional benefit may be had with iodizied sea salt, since iodine has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.

You can also try dipping a wet toothbrush in salt and washing your teeth like that.
Ray Peat says that iodised salt is linked to thyroid cancer.

alywest

Can you tell me exactly what I have to buy on the site because I am French and do not understand English well.

I would also like to know what I have to do once the products are received. Thank you
Oral-Cal Mouth Rinse – Calcium Therapy Institute

Use this like toothpaste and mouthwash. It will put calcium and zinc back into your gums and teeth.

Calcium Strips – Calcium Therapy Institute

Use these on your gums but they will also cover part of your teeth. You just put them between your cheek and gums with the yellow side on the gums, and keep it there as long as you can. You can't eat or drink or swallow your saliva while they're in your mouth. I notice the little bits of saliva I swallow without realizing it tend to give me heartburn while these are in my mouth so I use famotidine to control the heartburn.

You can also contact Dr. Manhart directly by email by submitting a comment/question and he will respond to you:

Contact Us – Calcium Therapy Institute

sladerunner69

I had a couple of major fillings done 1 month ago, and now I have to do FIVE more (granted, several were on the "watch list" for a couple of years, but still) and my mouth was probably the worst shape it has ever been in my life (they commented on it too) in terms of bleeding/aggravation of gums etc.

I don't know what could have done that in one month.

Yeah I eat high sugar but I've been doing that over a year now.

The only thing I can think of is the last two days I have been adding 3 tbsp of activated charcoal to try to start removing my endotoxin/bacteria. Maybe this backfired on me?

Were you able to find a dentist who did not demand x-rays?

Tarmander

@Cirion Any update on this?

I remembering reading that you were consuming a lot more liver (vit A), and I thought it was probably the culprit. My teeth became much stronger after lowering VA by quite a bit. How have your teeth been doing?

Luann

Not sold on milk personally. I used to drink a LOT of milk and still my teeth got worse. Not to mention strong serotonergic effects from all the tryptophan. Just my personal experience tho.

Its not the phosphoric acid... your saliva secretions are clearly too low. This is the root cause behind many teeth problems. Your saliva protects your teeth. Every time I have low choline intake(not eating eggs) for a few days I always get an increasingly dry mouth and reduced saliva. Things that increase histamine also help.

Taking a teaspoon of histidine on an empty stomach immediately makes my mouth moist(just did this 5 mins ago). Ever since I started taking it teeth pain from sugar touching the teeth has drasticslly reduced. Increasing choline intake also does this(probably by increasing acetylcholine which probably plays a role in bodily secretions like histamine though i havent researched it too much) though sometimes it doesn't do as good a job. Definitely not as good as histidine. I clearly have low histamine and probably need more choline in general. Histidine needs B6 to get converted to histamine too, otherwise I think it can get converted to other aminos more readily.

Hey redsun, thanks for this, I think you're still active on the forum? I'm wondering what's the importance of having histidine rather than histamine for saliva.

I took steps to avoid histamine after chronic migraine, but my teeth have grown worse since then. (The migraines stopped!)

Taking B6 did help with oral sensitivity.

Like Cirion saw, milk has not helped my cavities. Even calcium powder did not, although I didn't do the calcium very long.

redsun

Hey redsun, thanks for this, I think you're still active on the forum? I'm wondering what's the importance of having histidine rather than histamine for saliva.

I took steps to avoid histamine after chronic migraine, but my teeth have grown worse since then. (The migraines stopped!)

Taking B6 did help with oral sensitivity.

Like Cirion saw, milk has not helped my cavities. Even calcium powder did not, although I didn't do the calcium very long.

You take histidine to make histamine in the body and thus increased histamine would increase salivary secretions. Aged foods can have some histamine but really you want to eat high histidine, zinc, B6 foods, keep copper intake controlled. You can also supplement histidine, zinc and B6. Everything is there to increase histamine. Histidine is the precursor to histamine. B6 (as Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate, dont use pyridoxine) gets absorbed as pyridoxal, activated to P5P again by zinc, and this P5P then makes histamine from histidine via histidine decarboxylase.

Some aged cheeses like gouda is pretty decent in histidine and zinc and of course is fermented so may contain histamine but from what I understand most people will deactivate dietary histamine. Red meats like beef and pork have good amounts of zinc, B6, and histidine, and are low in copper.

If the B6 you use is pyridoxine HCL, I highly recommended switching to P5P, as the pyridoxine can worsen B6 metabolism over time.

Luann

I'm taking P5P :)
Ok, thanks for the response. So histamine is less effective than histidine because it gets deactivated? And how much Cu is too much?

redsun

I'm taking P5P :)
Ok, thanks for the response. So histamine is less effective than histidine because it gets deactivated? And how much Cu is too much?

Well it depends, aged foods are still good and you may absorb some histamine and they also tend to be high in histidine anyways. I would limit copper intake to 2mg a day at most especially if you have dry mouth.

Connor888

how does sodium bicarbonate swishing help after having something sweet, and how much do you use? my tooth chipped today and i think its from constantly sipping sweet drinks and leaving cough sweets in my mouth for awhile. bad idea i know.

milkboi

how does sodium bicarbonate swishing help after having something sweet, and how much do you use? my tooth chipped today and i think its from constantly sipping sweet drinks and leaving cough sweets in my mouth for awhile. bad idea i know.

I did use sodium bicarbonate for a few months after acidic/sugary foods and drinks and it did nothing to prevent tooth demineralization. I'll try xylitol for this purpose soon.

dreamcatcher

I did use sodium bicarbonate for a few months after acidic/sugary foods and drinks and it did nothing to prevent tooth demineralization. I'll try xylitol for this purpose soon.
If you lack vitamin D then your body won't be able to use calcium properly, thus demineralisation might occur. Saliva flow and gut health are interrelated as well.

Ableton

Don’t have the sugars in isolation. Have them with proper meals including fat and starch
Only thing that helped me fundamentally and I tried a lot
Also, sweet OJ, not shitty unripe OJ

Luann

I saw baking soda mentioned above, and I have taken its use one step farther by rinsing with it before using a toothbrush. Gotta make things right on the pH scale before you scrub away. This has helped a lot with sensitivity during brushing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals