Dental Health Degrading Quickly

tankasnowgod

Literally on his wikipedia page.

Broda Otto Barnes - Wikipedia

Again, you should really read one of his books instead of just a summary of his work on a Wikipedia page.

Initially, you stated that you were pretty sure that Broda Barnes agrees with you (without reading any of his books). But this is impossible, since the man has been dead for years. He could know nothing about your current health theories or practices, and certainly couldn't "agree" with them.

It is far more accurate to state that you agree with Broda Barnes on the topic of basal temperature. But, that's only a single point in his work. His main point was that low amounts of thyroid produce low metabolism, and this can be a contributing factor in many degenerative diseases. If he found a patient with a low basal temperature, he would use thyroid hormone (usually NDT) to get their metabolism to normal. Basal Temp was only a single data point, albeit a crucial and important one.

Your own experimentation is not inline with Broda Barnes's work or theories at all. You haven't attempted to use thyroid yet, and only try and manipulate waking temps by increasing caloric intake. Barnes never suggested this in his book on hypothyroidism. You also stated that you are experimenting with low protein intake, and this again runs counter to the dietary advice he gives in his book.

Sheik

Nano hydroxyapatite is a nontoxic alternative to fluoride. I was thinking about ordering some from Alibaba and using it several times a day because my teeth are messed up too.

Luann

For teeth, fluoride TOPICALLY on teeth is okay. I think Dr. Peat has said so in the past. It isn’t systemic and it does strengthen the surfaces of the teeth.

This! When my dentist prescribed a high-fluoride toothpaste, I secretly took the cue to start using fluoride in general again. Definitely spent some time in the chair this year. It'll be ok Cirion.

abruzzi

I had a couple of major fillings done 1 month ago, and now I have to do FIVE more (granted, several were on the "watch list" for a couple of years, but still) and my mouth was probably the worst shape it has ever been in my life (they commented on it too) in terms of bleeding/aggravation of gums etc.

I don't know what could have done that in one month.

Yeah I eat high sugar but I've been doing that over a year now.

The only thing I can think of is the last two days I have been adding 3 tbsp of activated charcoal to try to start removing my endotoxin/bacteria. Maybe this backfired on me?

Since trying this Peat stuff I've been paranoid about my teeth. I usually have a glass of water with Xylitol on my countertop and I'll take a swig of it and swish right before drinking my coffee with sugar etc etc.

I have no idea if it works. I'm not as "scieney" as the vast majority on here. But, I read someplace that Xylitol is suppose to slow tooth decay and the effects of sugar.

TheSir

Strong sea salt solution rinses 3-5 times a day. My teeth transformed from translucent to solid in just a couple of weeks on this regimen. Ancient cultures from China to Egypt have been using sea salt to maintain exquisite dental health for thousands of years. Sea salt creates supercharged saliva (the salt has the same minerals saliva would regularly have, only in greater quantities), and since saliva is the main principle through which the teeth remineralize, the effect is going to be immensely better.

TheSir

Since trying this Peat stuff I've been paranoid about my teeth. I usually have a glass of water with Xylitol on my countertop and I'll take a swig of it and swish right before drinking my coffee with sugar etc etc.

I have no idea if it works. I'm not as "scieney" as the vast majority on here. But, I read someplace that Xylitol is suppose to slow tooth decay and the effects of sugar.
When the caries-causing streptococcus mutans eats xylitol, it creates a byproduct that is toxic to the bacteria, effectively leading in self-destruction. This means that as long as sufficient amounts of xylitol is present in the mouth, the bacteria will eventually eat itself into a temporary extinction.

Fluoride on the other hand disables the process that allows the bacteria to metabolize sugar.

mangoes

Strong sea salt solution rinses 3-5 times a day. My teeth transformed from translucent to solid in just a couple of weeks on this regimen. Ancient cultures from China to Egypt have been using sea salt to maintain exquisite dental health for thousands of years. Sea salt creates supercharged saliva (the salt has the same minerals saliva would regularly have, only in greater quantities), and since saliva is the main principle through which the teeth remineralize, the effect is going to be immensely better.

Wow, that’s interesting, I’d never heard of that. Any particular brand or anything to use?

Interesting. Thank you.

TheSir

Wow, that’s interesting, I’d never heard of that. Any particular brand or anything to use?
I think any decent quality unrefined sea salt will do the trick, as sea salt is not particularly vulnerable to losing its quality during production (from what I am aware). Some additional benefit may be had with iodizied sea salt, since iodine has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.

You can also try dipping a wet toothbrush in salt and washing your teeth like that.

mangoes

I think any decent quality unrefined sea salt will do the trick, as sea salt is not particularly vulnerable to losing its quality during production (from what I am aware). Some additional benefit may be had with iodizied sea salt, since iodine has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.

You can also try dipping a wet toothbrush in salt and washing your teeth like that.

Great, thanks a lot :):

shine

Nano hydroxyapatite is a nontoxic alternative to fluoride. I was thinking about ordering some from Alibaba and using it several times a day because my teeth are messed up too.

I am using zinc hydroxyapatite toothpaste two times a day (morning/before bed). It works for me, my teeth feel a lot smoother.

A.R

What ratio of salt to water do you use for the solution (e.g. 1 tbsp for a cup of water)?

TheSir

What ratio of salt to water do you use for the solution (e.g. 1 tbsp for a cup of water)?
I put like half a teaspoon of salt in my mouth then sip a bit of water if it burns too much. The resulting solution is quite strong.

Broken man

For gums, mct oil and tudca course helped me. Bpc 157 should be effective for periodontal disease.

shine

For gums, mct oil and tudca course helped me. Bpc 157 should be effective for periodontal disease.

Yes, I used to do daily mouth rinses with MCT oil when I had caries in one tooth (squished the MCT oil around in my mouth for 10-15 minutes and then spat it out), it went away and I didn't have to go to the dentist. Drinking lots of milk and taking D + K2 helped too and filled up the cavity.

I was also taking monolaurin orally, which made the white coating on my tongue and palate completely go away. Also helped with digestive issues and cured a chronic sinus infection. Monolaurin is an amazing antibacterial, antiviral, antimycotic substance derived from coconut. Basically laurin with glycerin. Great stuff!

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Thanks all. My dentist prescribed me fluoride toothpaste I'm picking up today. I also got an electric toothbrush/waterpick, and will also use MB for mouthwash. I'm back to drinking milk and eating some cheese for calcium, and I abandoned my low protein diet.

Have you been diagnosed with sleep apnea? If so, I would encourage you to get a cpap machine, it has helped me immensely.

Also, I can attest to the fact that low protein directly correlates with tooth decay. If you struggle to digest whole sources, try powdered essential amino acid complex, dissolved in milk and sugar. After taking this, I feel an immediate relief with my tooth ache.

Yeah I have been using a cpap machine for 2 yrs now. I'm drinking milk again now as I refuse to eat meat. I said I would never drink milk again, but I'd sooner drink milk than eat meat as meat messes me up even worse than milk. And milk has much needed calcium which should help my teeth.

Honestly I am surprised you have not tried oral niacin for improving gastric acid production and digestion overall. Niacin is a must, this has been proven time and time again. I spent so much time on this forum and only recently did I give a try and I thoroughly regret not doing it sooner. Every other method you have been trying and are planning on trying for digestion is just cope as it does not get to the root cause. All the charcoal and vinegar stuff will likely even work better with niacin joining the party. Charlie has posted many threads providing info about niacin's vital role in being able to digest food.

There's much more you can read not just charlie's threads from this forum, elsewhere online, if you care to. If 250mg+/meal mega doses put you off that's fine, 40mg is more then enough as higher doses just lead to lots of niacin getting dumped(excreted via methylation) and extra flushing which in an of itself isnt bad if you want to reduce methyl but for digestion is not necessary.

I'd personally rather have a full B-complex than just one B-vitamin, as I'm too paranoid to have isolated vitamins generally nowadays. I'll look into a good B-complex that also has a good amount of B3 for oral ingestion.

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

Cirion, you dont have to listen to me, but only know this...I have a full mouth of perfect teeth and gums brushing with baking soda and one drop of therapeutic grade cloves essential oil. My father lost all his teeth by age 40, was educated professional and access to good healthcare. I have beat him by 20 years my pearly perfect whites brush morning and night , more if your gums are getting diseased. Easy to change.

Nice. Thanks for the tip.

Kingpinguin

hmm maybe. its definitely true noone anymore gets enough sunlight and I was commenting on this the other day.

I'm gonna try Haidut's MB mouthwash idea (something like 20 drops of MB in 1 liter of water I think he said).

I am really torn because the dentist wants me on all this flouride and crap and I don't want that goitrogenic BS in my body, yet, I might lose my teeth without it...

Do you brush? How often? If you dont use flouride toothpaste what do you use? I personally as you dont like the idea of flouride but it does have benefit and its a scientific fact. I think the flouride think is a bit overexaggerated aswell. Anyway I myself use different toothpastes without flouride and from time to time I do use a flouride tooth paste as it is needed sometimes. I notice the longer I go brushing without flouride paste the more easily my gums bleed and I can actually feel my teeth deteriorating. I think lack of brushing and flouride use plus too acidic stuff somewhere in your diet is causing this. The acids weakens your enamel and thats your main protection against cavities. I use flouride products sometimes coz I know I have to protect my teeth and my thyroid is great. Avoiding it 3-4 days of the week and brushing the rest with flouride is still less flouride ingestion than the average joe. Besides bad mouth and teeth health actually been proven to affect your cardiovascular system as bacteria leaks into your bloodstream and wreck havoc causing endotoxin rise and heart disease. So tooth and mouth health is vital. Dont let it go so far that you start losing most your teeth. Stop it before its too late.

Maverick

Eating high protein is not an option for me. High protein absolutely wrecks my metabolic rate. That said, I did start having 4 oz of meat a day. But even with just four ounces, my body temps are tanking again it seems, so everything I do, its fighting an uphill battle. Meat trashes my temperatures VERY easily. 8 oz was too much, that dropped me from like 98.2F+ waking temps to 97.6F (one day was even 97.3F while eating higher meat) so you see, meat simply doesn't work for me.

I will confess that the last 2 weeks I did an ULTRA low protein experiment (20-50 gram) a day, and maybe that's what did all the damage? I can definitely see going THAT low could cause some damage. I was desperate to lose some weight though (and it worked, I did lose 8 lbs). That's why I keep protein low, protein makes me gain weight. But yeah, I did admit to myself that I need around 70-80 a day based upon my experimental results showing that body temps tanked with it too low anyways. I wanted to see what the truly optimal protein intake was, so I needed more data at the low end of things, but now I'm even more confident that 70-80 gram is THE sweet spot (tm) and in fact this agrees with Ray as I'm pretty sure he is quoted as saying "80 gram of quality protein is sufficient".

I don't think #2-#4 are why, although I do agree they can aggravate the issue, because like I said I've been eating this way for many months now. It's more likely one of these three imo:

-- too low protein (the 20-50 gram experiment) that i recently did. 70-80 gram seems to be enough to not cause problems while not being too high to cause problems.
-- maybe the activated charcoal releasing bacteria en-masse?
-- vitamin A maybe

I absolutely have gut problems and digestion problems. That's in fact why I can't shed the weight. I have an absolute inability to digest ANYTHING except sugar (which is why sugar forms the bulk of my diet), with protein starches and fats being very difficult for me to digest. I have been taking energin daily religiously and I'm not convinced B vitamins are my problem at this point as such. I should have seen some benefits by now.

VoS said that the only way he permanently cured his digestion was high dose activated charcoal plus caffeine (hence why I started playing with AC again as of yesterday). His AC + caffeine protocol he claims is even more powerful and long-lasting than antibiotics. I did play with high caffeine in the past, didn't like it, but not high caffeine PLUS high AC intake. The AC may be the critical second factor as just taking caffeine might just leave it in your bloodstream and not purge it.
Can you list your macros?

yerrag

I had a couple of major fillings done 1 month ago, and now I have to do FIVE more (granted, several were on the "watch list" for a couple of years, but still) and my mouth was probably the worst shape it has ever been in my life (they commented on it too) in terms of bleeding/aggravation of gums etc.

I don't know what could have done that in one month.

Yeah I eat high sugar but I've been doing that over a year now.

The only thing I can think of is the last two days I have been adding 3 tbsp of activated charcoal to try to start removing my endotoxin/bacteria. Maybe this backfired on me?
I did a search to see if you have mentions of doxycycline in your posts. Negative. So I can rule out that you had been taking doxycycline (especially liquid ones). Doxycyline exposed to teeth can cause the leeching of its enamels. I took vet versions of Doxycycline for about 2 months at 40mg/day. Then my dentist showed me the erosion on my teeth enamel. I couldn't figure out what caused it, then I happen to read through a link on antibiotics, and thought to check on doxy and then bam! Doxycycline interacts with calcium in a way that would erode teeth. So when taking doxycyline, it's better to be in tablet form than liquid. I think if you have to take it in liquid form, try not to let it touch the teeth, which is difficult to do. So I'll brush my teeth after taking doxycycline to brush off traces of it on my teeth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals