1. SALE EXTENDED!!! Thanksgiving Sale 10% Off LifeGivingStore.com Till Monday December 9th @ Midnight With Coupon Code: THANKS2019
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Denise Minger Says "Hello Ray Peat"

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by benaoao, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Glassy

Glassy Member

Wow cool article - it’s been 2 days and I’m still chomping through it. I like the way she writes even if the intro was way too verbose.

I’ve not looked into the rice diet before but seems there’s some substance to it. Not sure I could do it without salt though and I’m not sure why it would be excluded. The thought of dropping protein out would make me nervous but I need to look into it more.

Thanks for sharing it!

2. Luk3

Luk3 Member

Will do, thanks. Initially, I’m thinking 10-15% fat on a 3000 calorie diet, so about 35-40g.

3. yerrag

yerrag Member

I don't think it would apply to small plants or plants that don't have a sizeable trunk, or maybe it does, but it's just that there isn't much of a filter to fully filter the toxins out before it reaches the fruit, or the nut, or the seed.
    That's a nice plan. I may have to slowly get to that. I would need to start with more protein, or else I get hungry quickly.

4. OP
    benaoao

benaoao Member

I just realized I forgot the gelatin/collagen, of course... another Peaty option!

5. DDK

DDK Member

Sounds fine. To achieve benefits on low fat, fat should be 20% or under. So what you are aiming for sounds good.

6. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

I don't know that you can really call them "Peat Friendly Ideas" There are four dietary interventions in the article, and one of them, the Swank diet that upped PUFAs, runs counter to one of Peat's central ideas.

Pritikin's Dietary intervention, as mentioned in the article, lasted only 26 days. Kempner's Rice Diet was always a temporary intervention diet (though it did likely result in PUFA and Iron reduction). I have only seen Peat mention Kempner once, in this article, and it wasn't in the most favorable of lights- Salt, energy, metabolic rate, and longevity So, those would be two temporary dietary measures, which could indeed help with some issues Peat talks about, but I don't think he would necessarily recommend in the long term, or even generally in the short term.

The last diet discussed, the Morrison Trial, had confounders when compared to the control group (with weight loss being a big one), and while the intervention is in line with some of Peat's ideas, other parts, such as permitting breads and cereals, and restricting foods like liver and egg yolks, are counter to some of Peat's suggestions.

7. TNT

TNT Member

This is an awesome article! Does anyone know if there's a Part 2?

8. superGrover

superGrover Member

Haven't found it. Maybe she took it off. It's been some years since the 1st one at least.