Dementia - How To Cure

That's a long list of supplements, some very powerful things. I would try each thing by itself. Peat has mentioned recovery from dementia using progesterone alone, so trying a very low dose of that first would seem prudent.

Niacinamide could be the next thing tried, it seems to have some good studies supporting its use in dementia, but remember low doses. Something like 100 mg x 2 times per day could be sufficient, and lessens the risk of side-effects.

Great to know! I myself have had 2 pretty bad reactions to about 50 mgs Niacinamide. My body goes into hyperventilation mode for hours. Very scary! Fortunately I took them at bedtime and was able to sleep through some of it. But it still lasted in low levels for all the next day. I am actually starting to put pieces of the puzzle together (for me), and learned that Niacinamide decreases histamine, which I've just figured out has been a problem for me for such a long time. Due to my very low immune response I never had a true reaction until a month into Peating. But I have been suffering w low level symptoms for years...and things are starting to make sense finally! This may help explain my hyperventilation syndrome...high levels of ammonia in the body, and Niacinamide lowers it, so then I hyperventilate. Exactly why I don't know!

Thank you so much Dookie! :)

sunmountain

For yoga, maybe restorative yoga might help?

It's very gentle and strengthening because you hold poses for much longer, which also allows time to connect the breathing to the pose.

It's about the only yoga I've been able to do for a while, and the class I go to is full of older women in their seventies. I'm the youngest there.

That's a long list of supplements, some very powerful things. I would try each thing by itself. Peat has mentioned recovery from dementia using progesterone alone, so trying a very low dose of that first would seem prudent.

Niacinamide could be the next thing tried, it seems to have some good studies supporting its use in dementia, but remember low doses. Something like 100 mg x 2 times per day could be sufficient, and lessens the risk of side-effects.

Very helpful advice Dookie! TY!

Hello Maur, don't let those readings shake your confidence :) Here is why:

High temp/high pulse don't necessarily imply good metabolism, with bad metabolism a person can be suffering from pathological "good"temp/pulse (we had a very interesting discussion in this thread Uncoupling Mice Brain Mitochondria Extends Lifespan). Peat's quotes:

"The basal metabolic rate, which is mainly governed by thyroid, roughly corresponds to the average body temperature. However, in hypothyroidism, there is an adaptive increase in the activity of the sympathetic nervous system, producing more adrenalin, which helps to maintain body temperature by causing vasoconstriction in the skin."

"While the early morning body temperature will sometimes be low in hypothyroidism, I have found many exceptions to this. In protein deficiency, sodium deficiency, in menopause with flushing symptoms, and in both phases of the manic depression cycle, and in some schizophrenics, the morning temperature is high, corresponding to very high levels of adrenalin and cortisol. Taking the temperature before and after breakfast will show a reduction of temperature, the opposite of what occurs in simple hypothyroidism, because raising the blood sugar permits the adrenalin and cortisol to fall."

So old people can have problems with heat regulation, and sometimes have normal temps pulse yet hypothyroid. Taking temp/pulse first thing before getting out of bed and then taking them say 30 mins after breakfast would be more informative.

Peat also says that easiness to fall asleep and sleep quality, the ability for nerves to relax, lack of cramps and tension is very telling about metabolic rate, in conjunction with temps and pulse. (Some people even test the Achilles tendon reflex, but I've never done that. Peat likes that test Assessment of the Thyroid: Achilles Tendon Reflex (Woltman’s Sign) – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)).

Perhaps her husband can listen to some easy going, informative interview on thyroid and metabolism?

Hope this helps.
Thank you!!

You are awesome PakPik! It all helps greatly! And my confidence is restored....more than ever. :D

You've never seen a colder person than her. Even in Florida she has to wear layers all the time. She also has been wringing her hands all the time and shutters... adrenaline/cortisol surges! I'll betcha her docs have never even questioned these symptoms! I don't think anyone in her family has even wondered either...but I have been all along. It wasn't til coming here did it make sense.

Unfortunately the family members are only visiting, and leaving today, so I'm not sure if I can get anymore readings. But if her husband is on board, maybe he can take measurements, including Achilles reflex.

I have created a symptoms/ diagnosis and protocol document that I am sending him. I love that idea of sending the video too. Let Ray do some important convincing for me!

With gratitude always! :cat:

For yoga, maybe restorative yoga might help?

It's very gentle and strengthening because you hold poses for much longer, which also allows time to connect the breathing to the pose.

It's about the only yoga I've been able to do for a while, and the class I go to is full of older women in their seventies. I'm the youngest there.

Thanks Sunmountain for this! :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals