Delete

nwo2012

Re: The Road To World War 3

pete said:
The Road To World War 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7L8bw5QF4

In 1945, the Bretton Woods Agreement established the dollar as the world reserve currency, which meant that interantional commodities were priced in dollars. The agreement, which gave the United States a distinct financial advantage, was made under the condition that those dollars will remain reedemable for gold at a consistent rate of $35 per ounce. The United States promised not to print very much money, but this was on the honor system, because the Federal Reserve refused to allow any audits or supervision of its printing presses.

In the years leading up to 1970, expenditures in the Vietnam War made it clear to many countries that the U.S. was printing far more money than it had in gold, and in response they began to ask for their gold back. This of course set off a rapid decline in the value of the dollar. The situation climaxed in 1971, when France attempted to withdraw its gold and Nixon refused. On August 15th he made the following announcement:

Nixon: "[Accordingly, ]I have directed the Secretary of the Treasury to take the action necessary to defend the dollar against the speculators."

Nixon: "I have directed Secretary Connally to suspend temporarily the convertibility of the dollar into gold or other reserve assets, except in amounts and conditions determined to be in the interest of monetary stability and in the best interests of the United States."

This was obviously not a temporary suspension as he claimed, but rather a permanent default. And for the rest of the world who entrusted the United States with their gold, it was outright theft.

In 1973, presiden Nixon asked king Faisal of Saudi Arabia to accept only U.S. dollars as payment for oil, to invest any excess profits in U.S. Treasury bonds, notes, and bills. In return, Nixon offered military protection to Saudi oil fields. The same offer was extended to each of the world's key oil producing countries. And by 1975, every member of OPEC had agreed to only sell their oil in U.S. dollars. The act of moving the dollar off of gold and tying it to foreign oil, instantly forced every oil-importing country in the world to start maintaining a constant supply of Federal Reserve paper. And in order to get that paper, they would have to send real physical goods to America.

This was the birth of the PetroDollar.

Yes which explains why they feared the golden Dinar proposed by Gaddafi and another reason why they had to 'take him out'.

G

gummybear

Re: The Road To World War 3

pete said:
Russian S-400s Relocated Near Turkey
http://www.debka.com/article/22446/...key-Hizballah-shifts-units-rockets-into-Syria

DEBKAfile's military sources say that, beside the issue of the NATO missile defense system to which Russia is firmly opposed, Moscow is relaying a double warning to Ankara on two additional scores:

One, that any more interceptions of Syria-bound aircraft coming from Russia after the incident of Oct. 10 would bring forth a Russian military response; and two, that Moscow will not tolerate aerial intrusion in the Syrian conflict by Turkey or any other NATO member. This warning was directed specifically against the imposition of a no-fly zone over Syria which Turkey is in the process of enforcing.

The notion that Russia will start ww3 is absolutely ridiculous. WW3 will be muslims against christians.

Syria is just one step towards that direction.

Birdie

All these "deletes" before I got here. :(

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeh, Pete did that himself. So, for some reason he goes and deletes all his political posts even though some of them were in the right place. :roll:

Can't make everyone happy, but I try.

kiran

Charlie, you should only allow edits within say an hour of the post creation.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
kiran said:

Let me consider that.

j. said:

Your vote is counted! :lol:

kiran

Charlie said:
kiran said:

Let me consider that.

j. said:

Your vote is counted! :lol:

Or perhaps within a day or two. It's completely counter productive to allow people to change/delete their entire posting history.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Kiran, I agree.

Birdie

j. said:
kiran said:

nooooo
I like to know I can delete. Makes me feel free. But, of course, you can't delete what somebody else quotes from you in their comments.

Birdie

Oh, I hadn't seen all those posts about not allowing continual editing, when I did mine. I'm a little concerned, now. Think I'll consider deleting before it's too late. Sorry, just over-reacting. I won't go deleting everything.

I've been so comfortable here but if it changes, that's the way things go.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Birdie, I am trying to figure out the best solution for this. For now, I have made it 60 minutes. When I first started the site, it was only 10 minutes. I made it unlimited because narouz was needing to edit some things for the list he was making. I am just not sure that letting someone to be able to edit their posts continually is a good policy.

Birdie

I understand. My husband says I should just post keeping in mind that whatever you post can go anywhere on the internet.

I'm the kind who thinks of changes overnight or several days later. But, I'll just slow down and be more careful. It's good to remember that many people, worldwide, are reading this Forum. It's not a little private group even though it is friendly here.

:)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Birdie, I am trying to work on a solution. I found a modification that will keep a copy of all edits made to the post. There is a couple of issues with letting someone edit their post. One is, changing the content of the post and then saying you said something completely different. This could cause confusion.

I am installing this new modification but ran into a problem. I am working on figuring it out. If I am able to get it installed. I will then allow people to edit their posts all the time, and a copy will be keep so others can see.

Hopefully that will work for everyone.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Although, I am not sure this modification is going to go in. :(