Delayed Sleep Pattern Any Suppliments To Really Fall Asleep Easy?

troubledtimes

i have the most annoying sleep habbit. ill go to bed at 12 midnight than the next day its 12:30am than the day after thats its 1:30am etc and than eventually im waking up at 2 in the morning. i know keeping an alarm and forcing yourself up at the same time everyday is common sense but as im getting older i cant argue with the body. i tried melatonin which ACTUALLY did work for 2 days and than for whatever reason it did nothing. ive tried ZzzQuil for the heck of it and benadryl and that didnt do a thing lol its comical. ive heard lemon balm with magnolia bark and apigenin is a good cocktail to try anyone have there own suggestions that really work? i have tried valerian root, passion flower and magnesium i wish i could say it helped but not for me.

MaxVerstappen

Ray Peat has mentioned taking thyroid (T3) right before going to bed and it worked really good for sleep.

Beastmode

T3 definitely helps. Not a Dave Asprey fan, but his twilight red glasses worn before bed can knock you out quite fast. I experimented with them and they definitely make a difference. Getting my metabolic system better has done most of the improvement. Neurofeedback has enhanced the effects.

MaxVerstappen

Has anyone experimented with natural food before bed? Eating salt, gelatin/bone broth or sugar before bed?

OP
T

troubledtimes

T3 definitely helps. Not a Dave Asprey fan, but his twilight red glasses worn before bed can knock you out quite fast. I experimented with them and they definitely make a difference. Getting my metabolic system better has done most of the improvement. Neurofeedback has enhanced the effects.

what is neurofeedback? it sounds helpful?

Frankdee20

Valerian, KAVA, Magnolia Bark, Passionflower, Glycine, Theanine, Tryptophan

equipoise

Honestly?

Progesterone. It's incredibly sedating at a right dose, feels so good. GABA agonist. Just makes you feel all fluffy and ***t.
At sub 10mg I don't feel sedated, but upping it a bit higher definitely brings it. And it's a good type of tired.

Waking up in the morning I feel rested, as in experienced deep sleep and ready to go on with the day.

Most of the other substances I've used leave me knackered in the morning.

2c

JKX

i have the most annoying sleep habbit. ill go to bed at 12 midnight than the next day its 12:30am than the day after thats its 1:30am etc and than eventually im waking up at 2 in the morning. i know keeping an alarm and forcing yourself up at the same time everyday is common sense but as im getting older i cant argue with the body. i tried melatonin which ACTUALLY did work for 2 days and than for whatever reason it did nothing. ive tried ZzzQuil for the heck of it and benadryl and that didnt do a thing lol its comical. ive heard lemon balm with magnolia bark and apigenin is a good cocktail to try anyone have there own suggestions that really work? i have tried valerian root, passion flower and magnesium i wish i could say it helped but not for me.

The secret is in your first scentence.

Its a concious choice you're making...so change it.

Set a bed time and wake up time and stick to it for 2 weeks. Get some sunlight first thing if possible. Buy a cheap sunset and sunrise alarm clock if need be.

You dont need supplements. You need a routine until your body clock self regulates.

Beastmode

what is neurofeedback? it sounds helpful?

I do via peakbrainla.com via a home unit. Still doing it. Significantly improved my mood, attention/focus and sleep after a few months of use. Best health investment I've made thus far besides the appropriate supplements (T3, T3/T4, etc) that Peat suggested to me.

OP
T

troubledtimes

What about strong anti cholinergics or anti histamines ? Doxylamine, seroquel, trazadone ?
yes i also tried benadryl and sleep aids high dose. i have tried amitriptaline and also trazadone which those made me feel very weird and panicky and dizzy but did not put me to sleep

Frankdee20

yes i also tried benadryl and sleep aids high dose. i have tried amitriptaline and also trazadone which those made me feel very weird and panicky and dizzy but did not put me to sleep

Then it’s time for sedative hypnotics, either benzos or benzo related drugs for sleep... Other than that, low dose antipsychotics can help

Frankdee20

Can you recomemd any safe low dose antipsychotics?

Newer ones like Seroquel (at low doses only effects histamine and adrenergic receptors) and generally, first generation typical Antipsychotics are often used in lower doses for insomnia, these include Haldol, and Chlorpromazine....

Frankdee20

Try to get your hands on the older barbiturates like Seconal and Tuinol, or Phenobarbital

Back
Top Bottom