OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
what's the deal with the precipitate?

It is the methyl palmitate. It seems that a temperature drop makes it precipitate. If you warm it up and shake the bottle well it should disappear.

managing

Just initiated my first planned hiatus from Defibron last week. One thing I will say is that it has caused a rather unpleasant bowel adjustment complete with moderate to heavy "die-off" symptoms. We'll see how it goes not on Defibron for a few weeks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just initiated my first planned hiatus from Defibron last week. One thing I will say is that it has caused a rather unpleasant bowel adjustment complete with moderate to heavy "die-off" symptoms. We'll see how it goes not on Defibron for a few weeks.

What caused that - the DeFibron or the hiatus?

Regina

Last night, I decided to put my usual dose, that I normally put on my face, on the tops of my sore feet. They definitely feel better today. Neat product that, for me, has been really versatile.

managing

What caused that - the DeFibron or the hiatus?
Actually, good question. I was writing about the hiatus.

But when I first started taking it internally, I also had some intestinal disruption. Much less severe. And it worked itself out in 3-5 days.

As I shared with you via PM awhile back, there is some evidence that methyl palmitate can enhance gastric mucosa:

http://www.jbc.org/content/259/21/13304.full.pdf

Thus, my read would be that, starting to take it improved the mucosa, which led to some microbes dying off and others growing. This was definitely a distinctively positive change. BTW, I never took more than 4-5 drops on a consistent basis. Powerful stuff.

And then going off of it, presumably, resulted in some deterioration of mucosa and corresponding microbial change.

I can say that now over a week since I stopped, intestinal matters are still slightly disrupted, but still much better than before I started Defibron. However, I've also significantly improved thyroid status since then. So its hard to say which (or both) are responsible.

I'll stay off for a few weeks and then start up again. If I observe anything interesting in the process, I'll check back in.

managing

Last night, I decided to put my usual dose, that I normally put on my face, on the tops of my sore feet. They definitely feel better today. Neat product that, for me, has been really versatile.
I haven't really used it topically much. What benefit do you get from applying to your face?

Regina

I haven't really used it topically much. What benefit do you get from applying to your face?
Reduced hyper-pigmentation and great texture. Has also reduced lines on my neck. At first, it seemed to pull filth through the neck lines. I stuck with it and the lines are much less defined.

800mRepeats

Another one experiencing improved facial skin with topical application of Defibron.

This morning, I woke up to insanely dry skin that wouldn't fully slough off. (This happens every couple of weeks.) Applied some Defibron, as I have in the past, and voila! - soft, smooth skin with no flakiness in evidence. (This is something I've never been able to achieve with any other lotion or oil.)

Things might get better still, if I stuck with it. But, I do like Defibron (orally) for the gut and don't really want to be taking in even more vitamin E than I already do with the various research chemicals.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Another one experiencing improved facial skin with topical application of Defibron.

This morning, I woke up to insanely dry skin that wouldn't fully slough off. (This happens every couple of weeks.) Applied some Defibron, as I have in the past, and voila! - soft, smooth skin with no flakiness in evidence. (This is something I've never been able to achieve with any other lotion or oil.)

Things might get better still, if I stuck with it. But, I do like Defibron (orally) for the gut and don't really want to be taking in even more vitamin E than I already do with the various research chemicals.

Excellent, thanks for sharing!

RobertJM

Is this on par with mitolipin for a) making your skin look great, and b) bowel movements? Which product (out of difibron and mitolipin) has more efficacy in these areas?

This product interests me because I don't need all of that vitamin E in the mitolipin, but I will always need a vitamin E supplement in general. And the 100iu contained in a dose of the difibron (do I have that right?), along with the super cool effects on the gut (as an added bonus), could really take my health to the next level. Well. That would be the plan, haha. I never know with this old body.

Or I could just carry on with tocovit (which I am loving at the moment). It's such an awesome supplement. It has always really boosted my temps better than any thyroid supplement.

I noticed on mitolipin a while back that bowel movements were regular as clockwork, and the effect it had on my skin (when applied topically), took years off me (really appealed to my vain nature). A really cool product, but made me feel off after a while (too much E?).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is this on par with mitolipin for a) making your skin look great, and b) bowel movements? Which product (out of difibron and mitolipin) has more efficacy in these areas?

This product interests me because I don't need all of that vitamin E in the mitolipin, but I will always need a vitamin E supplement in general. And the 100iu contained in a dose of the difibron (do I have that right?), along with the super cool effects on the gut (as an added bonus), could really take my health to the next level. Well. That would be the plan, haha. I never know with this old body.

Or I could just carry on with tocovit (which I am loving at the moment). It's such an awesome supplement. It has always really boosted my temps better than any thyroid supplement.

I noticed on mitolipin a while back that bowel movements were regular as clockwork, and the effect it had on my skin (when applied topically), took years off me (really appealed to my vain nature). A really cool product, but made me feel off after a while (too much E?).

I think while MitoLipin and DeFibron may have some overlap in general their effects are not the same. DeFibron probably has more of anti-fibrotic and anti-inflammatory effect while MitoLipin seems to be more pro-metabolic. At least that is what we can glean based on the reports from people who have used both. So, ideally they may be used together for an even more synergistic effect.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I had a motorcycle accident a few year ago where I injured my knee. I went for xrays and nothing was broken, but the swelling could have interfered and I could have torn a ligament, most likely the anterior cross ligament. Now my knee is fine, no swelling or pain or whatever, but my knee has play. When my knee is bent 90 degree and I contract my hammy, my shin moves backwards at the knee, like abnormal. There is no forward or sideways play, only backwards. I guess the ligament is in a permanent stretched position.
Would it be possible if defibron could 'tighten it up'?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I had a motorcycle accident a few year ago where I injured my knee. I went for xrays and nothing was broken, but the swelling could have interfered and I could have torn a ligament, most likely the anterior cross ligament. Now my knee is fine, no swelling or pain or whatever, but my knee has play. When my knee is bent 90 degree and I contract my hammy, my shin moves backwards at the knee, like abnormal. There is no forward or sideways play, only backwards. I guess the ligament is in a permanent stretched position.
Would it be possible if defibron could 'tighten it up'?

I don't know of any evidence in regards to bone/ligament damage. But some people using it reported that old areas of injury suddenly became sensitive again, so I guess you can try and report on any effects you may experience.

CLASH

@haidut
I have gone through most of the thread but I missed a few pages so I apologize if the question has already been asked. But is this supplement capable of reversing fibrosis once it has occured elsewhwere besides the liver and lungs? Theoretically if it can do it in those places it should be able to do it elsewhere but the studies showed a blocking of fibrosis as opposed to a reversal? I ask this, because if so, it seems like this could be useful in the reversal Male pattern baldness. (If this is the case, a combination of topical caffeine i.e. Solban, this product and either mianserin or ketotifen could possibly stop and hairloss till the microbiota is adjusted to eliminate gram negarive tlr4 activation and allow reoxygenation of the scalp by de-fibrosing the galea. The defibron could aid in the de-fibrosing with red light and massage. The soban inhibits the effects of DHT on the follicle. The ketotifen to block TLR4).

Also, perhaps the effects people are seeing in the gut from this could be from increased bile acid secretion, if taken internally, creating an anti-bacterial effect in the small intestine (in conjunction with the liver benefits as well)? Perhaps some of the endotoxin effects are from this as well, due to the killing of the bacteria from the bile acid leading to the release of endotoxin and the absorption with the fatty acid as a "lipid-raft" via the chylomicrons to the liver.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
I have gone through most of the thread but I missed a few pages so I apologize if the question has already been asked. But is this supplement capable of reversing fibrosis once it has occured elsewhwere besides the liver and lungs? Theoretically if it can do it in those places it should be able to do it elsewhere but the studies showed a blocking of fibrosis as opposed to a reversal? I ask this, because if so, it seems like this could be useful in the reversal Male pattern baldness. (If this is the case, a combination of topical caffeine i.e. Solban, this product and either mianserin or ketotifen could possibly stop and hairloss till the microbiota is adjusted to eliminate gram negarive tlr4 activation and allow reoxygenation of the scalp by de-fibrosing the galea. The defibron could aid in the de-fibrosing with red light and massage. The soban inhibits the effects of DHT on the follicle. The ketotifen to block TLR4).

Also, perhaps the effects people are seeing in the gut from this could be from increased bile acid secretion, if taken internally, creating an anti-bacterial effect in the small intestine (in conjunction with the liver benefits as well)? Perhaps some of the endotoxin effects are from this as well, due to the killing of the bacteria from the bile acid leading to the release of endotoxin and the absorption with the fatty acid as a "lipid-raft" via the chylomicrons to the liver.

You are right that most studies are on prevention of fibrosis rather than treatment, but there are some where MP was administered AFTER fibrosis or another pathology was induced and it was still effective/beneficial. Here are some of them.
Protective effects of methyl palmitate against silica-induced pulmonary fibrosis in rats. - PubMed - NCBI
Modulation of cyclophosphamide-induced cardiotoxicity by methyl palmitate. - PubMed - NCBI
The effect of methyl palmitate on treatment of experimental asthma. - PubMed - NCBI

Philomath

Being good for inflammation and fibrosis, it seems like this would be good for congestive epididymitis and post vasectomy inflammation / fibrosis? Would it still been best taken externally?