Dezertfox

I can answer #2. The SFA esters do not go bad as far as has been tested. The rest of the product is vitamin E, which also has very long shelf life. However, FDA mandates that all liquid products be advertised with no more than 12 months of shelf life. So, it's up to you to decide if you want to use it if it has been more than 12 months since buying.

Thanks Haidut, can you let me know the absorption rate when applied topically? I remember the last time I used it my teeth were very sensitive, so I would like to go the topical route this time

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks Haidut, can you let me know the absorption rate when applied topically? I remember the last time I used it my teeth were very sensitive, so I would like to go the topical route this time

Probably about 30%-35%, probably more if left on the skin for hours until it is completely dry.

Owen B

Aren't lipomas developed as a result of too much lipolysis? If so, how is adding SFAs supposed to help?

It sounds like people are getting good results with this for fibrosis but for lipomas wouldn't getting adrenaline down be better?

Also, is fibrosis being used here to describe scar tissue or generalized (?) fibrosis? For stress related fibrosis? For uterine fibrosis? For trigger points (fibrosis on the connective tissue of muscles)?

Fractality

1. The saturated fatty acid, palmitic acid, induces anxiety-like behavior in mice. - PubMed - NCBI (MP)
"...Table 1 shows that 24 hrs after palmitic acid administration mice had a 33% increase in 5-HIAA in the amygdala. Table 2 demonstrates that 24 hrs after palmitic acid administration there was a 25% decrease in the 5-HT:5-HIAA ratio in the amygdala and a 42% increase in the DA:DOPC ratio in the hippocampus."

2. PUFA depletion
Effect of methyl 2-hexadecynoate on hepatic fatty acid metabolism. - PubMed - NCBI (MP)

1. I'm confused on how that study is positive; I'm reading that palmitic acid induces anxiety-like behavior in rats.
2. Do you know what the HED is for that study?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
1. I'm confused on how that study is positive; I'm reading that palmitic acid induces anxiety-like behavior in rats.
2. Do you know what the HED is for that study?

It shows that palmitic acid increases serotonin degradation and as a result the 5-HT/5-HIAA ratio falls. The 5-HIAA is a breakdown product of serotonin. At the same time palmitic acid increased the dopamine/DOPAC ratio, which is also a positive. Sometimes, anxiety in animals is confused for increased restlessness, which could be the result of higher energy levels and desire to move.

Fractality

It shows that palmitic acid increases serotonin degradation and as a result the 5-HT/5-HIAA ratio falls. The 5-HIAA is a breakdown product of serotonin. At the same time palmitic acid increased the dopamine/DOPAC ratio, which is also a positive. Sometimes, anxiety in animals is confused for increased restlessness, which could be the result of higher energy levels and desire to move.

Got it, what about the HED question on the second PUFA depletion study?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Got it, what about the HED question on the second PUFA depletion study?

Two different doses were used. The first one (0.5%) is high and is about 6g-7g daly for a human. However, the second one (0.1%) is about 1g-1.5g daily and as such perfectly reasonable.
"...Body weight decreased approximately 25% in one week for normal and hepatoma bearing animals being fed the 0.5% methyl 2-hexadecynoate in the diet. Because it appeared the animals would die soon, the amount of methyl 2-hexadecynoate was reduced to 0.1% of the diet for the remaining three weeks. The animals then maintained their weight the second week and gained weight the third and fourth weeks, reaching 87% of their original weight, but the appearance of the essential fatty acid deficiency persisted. Control animals gained 50 to 60 g during the experiment."

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Faster intestinal transit it good according to Peat. Less endotoxin generation, less serotonin, less estrogen. He said ideally bowels should move after every meal, just like in young kids.

Whoaa! I've been worried for years that my gut is messed up from increased intestinal microorganisms! This sheds a new light on the topic. I hope many people read that and relax. Thank you!

Fractality

Subject is terribly afraid of aneurysms. From my cursory review of the literature, subject should consider DeFibron to help maintain flexibility of the blood circulatory system. Dr. Ray Peat has said that aneurysms develop when oxidative metabolism is impaired. Would DeFibron maintain oxidative metabolism when faced with substances that impair it (like alcohol)?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Subject is terribly afraid of aneurysms. From my cursory review of the literature, subject should consider DeFibron to help maintain flexibility of the blood circulatory system. Dr. Ray Peat has said that aneurysms develop when oxidative metabolism is impaired. Would DeFibron maintain oxidative metabolism when faced with substances that impair it (like alcohol)?

Hardening of blood vessels has a lot to do with aldosterone and cortisol. So, pregnenolone/progesterone may be better options but DeFibron has the advantage of being non-steroid. But I don't know if it reverses hardening or only temporarily relieves it.
Cortisol And Aldosterone Cause Vascular Calcification
Pregnenolone Is A Potent Aldosterone Antagonist (antimineralocorticoid)

Fractality

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is it safe to take this along with MB?

I don't see an issue as none of the fatty acids in it are known to interact with MAO-A.

Ponce

My experience after one use week : topically, I have none problem. When I use this orally I have diarrhea for 2 days. I am very anxious and have all the signs of high serotonin. I do not know if this can be related, but I want to point out my personal experience. Other indication : I am on a diet with a minimum of starch for 1 year and I eat very few PUFA.

Fractality

Is it mainly the tocopherols in this that would counteract PUFA when it is ingested? Or do the saturated fatty acids "compete" against the PUFA? Say 20+ drops before eating a couple slices of commercial pizza.

Last edited:
J

jb116

Is it mainly the tocopherols in this that would counteract PUFA when it is ingested? Or do the saturated fatty acids "compete" against the PUFA? Say 20+ drops before eating a couple slices of commercial pizza.
Both are protective

Niles

I have PFS, and I've just ordered a bottle in hopes of treating penile fibrosis. Any thoughts on this use case, e.g. potential complications with PFS, best application method (topical to affected area? oral?), etc? I plan to start very slowly with this, just to be safe.

Also, I've had some recurring instances of tooth sensitivity with PFS, and was wondering - has anyone determined the mechanism behind tooth sensitivity some have experienced after taking DeFibron?

Niles

I took my first 5 drop topical dose of DeFibron yesterday afternoon, and the effects were... interesting. From what I'd read in this thread, I was expecting something that felt dopaminergic, but if anything, this felt weirdly serotonergic. I got a familiar warm "buzzing" type feeling in my head and chest ~45min - 1hr after dosing, with a light head pressure and very mild tooth sensitivity. These physical effects were reminiscent of the start of a tryptamine come-up, that I've experienced with psilocybin, LSD, and others. Strangely, this "buzzing" felt physically sedating yet mentally stimulating, resulting in a mental energy that lacked focus. I wouldn't describe any of this as unpleasant, per se, just strange. I'll continue to experiment and see where this takes me.

yerrag

I have my bottle of DeFibron now and I'm thinking that this should help with removing cholesteryl esters that form the oxidized LDL portion of arterial plaque. I also want to try mixing this with a cyclodextrin (a 2-hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrine) because this form of cyclodextrin works best topically. I'd also like to blend TocoVit into this mixture, and then apply this topically.

Main goal is to help macrophages eat away the cholesteryl esters in plaque, simultaneous with my other methods to eat away the other components of plaque: vitamin C, B6, K2 to decalcify, proteolytic enzymes to eat away the protein portions in the matrix, vitamin C w/Lysine to remove the Lp(a) portion of plaque (which I don't know if it's any different from cholesterol esters and oxidized LDL), as well as some biofilm disruptors (coconut oil, NAC, artemisin, and oregano oil).

I'll blend and use and see how this goes.

yerrag

I have my bottle of DeFibron now and I'm thinking that this should help with removing cholesteryl esters that form the oxidized LDL portion of arterial plaque. I also want to try mixing this with a cyclodextrin (a 2-hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrine) because this form of cyclodextrin works best topically. I'd also like to blend TocoVit into this mixture, and then apply this topically.

Main goal is to help macrophages eat away the cholesteryl esters in plaque, simultaneous with my other methods to eat away the other components of plaque: vitamin C, B6, K2 to decalcify, proteolytic enzymes to eat away the protein portions in the matrix, vitamin C w/Lysine to remove the Lp(a) portion of plaque (which I don't know if it's any different from cholesterol esters and oxidized LDL), as well as some biofilm disruptors (coconut oil, NAC, artemisin, and oregano oil).

I'll blend and use and see how this goes.
I was able to blend the cyclodextrin with vitamin E and DeFibron, but I can't tell if it would be better to use DeFibron separately. So now I'm just going to use DeFibron as a separate topical application.