OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut What is the iu amount of the tocopherols with a full unit size dose?

About 100 IU per 40 drops, maybe even less. I tried to keep the tocopherol dose as low as possible as per requests from the MitoLipin thread.

Velve921

About 100 IU per 40 drops, maybe even less. I tried to keep the tocopherol dose as low as possible as per requests from the MitoLipin thread.

When I've tried tocopherol products in the past, I've had poor reactions to Unique E, mitolipin, and tocovit; all reactions were th exact same. However, Progest e has never given me poor reactions only good ones. Is the make up of this product possibly different?

belcanto

Haidut, is DeFibron suitable for women, or are there some caveats? I like the idea of a hepatoprotective product.

Thanks.

managing

Might not be a good for prostate cancer cells.
http://nature.berkeley.edu/~dnomura/pdf/LouieRoberts2013BBAarticle.pdf
Cancer cells incorporate and remodel exogenous palmitate into structural and
oncogenic signaling lipids
I think this is unlikely to be an issue. The body produces palmitate naturally, even if you don't consume it/its precursors. It also is not a claim of the article that palmitate is the only fatty acid that can be used this way. Also, the quantity of palmitate needed for signaling enzymes is miniscule. So it seems likely this process could happen even in the absence of palmitate and that avoidance of palmitate would be entirely insufficient for inhibiting it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
When I've tried tocopherol products in the past, I've had poor reactions to Unique E, mitolipin, and tocovit; all reactions were th exact same. However, Progest e has never given me poor reactions only good ones. Is the make up of this product possibly different?

I think it may be a dose issue, so the lower dose in DeFibron should be less problematic.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Might not be a good for prostate cancer cells.
http://nature.berkeley.edu/~dnomura/pdf/LouieRoberts2013BBAarticle.pdf
Cancer cells incorporate and remodel exogenous palmitate into structural and
oncogenic signaling lipids

I think the research on Palmitic acid and cancer is biased and possibly flawed. The fact that cancer cells take palmitate in can be adaptive and an attempt to restore normal functioning. Other studies show that palmitate inhbits other cancer, like liver cancer for example.
Functional lipidomics: palmitic acid impairs hepatocellular carcinoma development by modulating membrane fluidity and glucose metabolism. - PubMed - NCBI

Risingfire

My rat is currently taking niacinamide and aspirin. If he took Defribron, could he continue taking the previously mentioned supplements?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Something was mentioned about palmitic acid effects on cancer and haidut replied Palmitic Acid Is Androgen Agonist, Increases Androgen Synthesis, Decreases Cortisol

As I mentioned in my other post I think the studies trying to show palmitic acid in a bad light are driven by the same idea of "saturated fat = bad for health" dogma we have been seeing for decades. Other studies show cancer-inhibiting effect by palmitate and specifically inhibition of the enzyme fatty acid synthase (FAS), which is one of the most promosing target for cancer and Peat has spoken about it too. Palmitic acid also activates PDH and inhibits PDK, which is how the drug DCA works.
Functional lipidomics: palmitic acid impairs hepatocellular carcinoma development by modulating membrane fluidity and glucose metabolism. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, is DeFibron suitable for women, or are there some caveats? I like the idea of a hepatoprotective product.

Thanks.

I don't think there is any contraindication for women. I have not seen reports of women turning into men even when taking much more potent androgens like androsterone and in doses of 150mg+ daily. DeFibron is basically a long-acting lower-calorie analog of saturated fats like coconut oil, and it should be able to do what coconut oil does without the extra calories from ingesting 50g - 60g coconut oil (to achieve the same effects as DeFibron).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My rat is currently taking niacinamide and aspirin. If he took Defribron, could he continue taking the previously mentioned supplements?

I don't see why not. The vitamin E amount is pretty low so it should not increase bleeding risk more than the aspirin on its own would.

Pointless

So my DeFibron arrived today. Ordered on Friday and arrived on Monday so that's good. It comes in a MitoLipin-sized bottle but is more liquidy. It actually kind of looks like apple juice. It has a very mild smell, can barely notice it.

I applied 21 drops to the torso, and for a few seconds there was a pleasant rush or tingle on the skin around the torso. It has a definite nootropic effect like methylene blue or inhaled CO2 but stronger.

Subject is currently taking Cyproheptadine, thyroid, fat solubles, B1, B3, 1T salt, topical magnesium chloride.

Just an initial test, just thought I'd check in! I'm excited to try this because I react poorly to steroids and many other substances, and my stools are quite pale, so I suspect that my liver is heavily compromised. So far, none of the suggestions have worked even high dose caffeine. Maybe this has promise for someone with a condition like mine, but further testing will make that clear.

Constatine

So my DeFibron arrived today. Ordered on Friday and arrived on Monday so that's good. It comes in a MitoLipin-sized bottle but is more liquidy. It actually kind of looks like apple juice. It has a very mild smell, can barely notice it.

I applied 21 drops to the torso, and for a few seconds there was a pleasant rush or tingle on the skin around the torso. It has a definite nootropic effect like methylene blue or inhaled CO2 but stronger.

Subject is currently taking Cyproheptadine, thyroid, fat solubles, B1, B3, 1T salt, topical magnesium chloride.

Just an initial test, just thought I'd check in! I'm excited to try this because I react poorly to steroids and many other substances, and my stools are quite pale, so I suspect that my liver is heavily compromised. So far, none of the suggestions have worked even high dose caffeine. Maybe this has promise for someone with a condition like mine, but further testing will make that clear.
Nootropic effect stronger than MB? Can't wait till mine comes in.

Constatine

It's the kind of thing that could be placebo but hopefully your experiments will confirm.
I'm hoping. A nootropic effect does seem to be well in the realm of possibilities for such a supplement. I'll try to avoid confirmation bias though.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Excellent, thanks for sharing! Just keep an eye out for lower blood pressure as the studies showed MP is a powerful vasodilator, even at very low doses.

Nokoni

I haven't been keeping up with all the IdeaLabs research chemicals
This is a challenge, especially for those of us late to the party. And every one of these things is like, "Whoa, I don't even want to think about trying to keep myself on the sunny side of the grass without that!"

Maybe the solution for the lazy and biochemically inept (which would include at least me and every member of the AMA) is to just order one of everything and take one drop of each daily. I'll have to consider that further. In the meantime, my order's in.

(Hmmm, that might make an interesting study. "One hundred SAD-addled mortals were randomized into either Group A, take a drop of each, or Group B, follow doctor's orders." Anyone know how to write a grant proposal?)

Drareg

This is a challenge, especially for those of us late to the party. And every one of these things is like, "Whoa, I don't even want to think about trying to keep myself on the sunny side of the grass without that!"

Maybe the solution for the lazy and biochemically inept (which would include at least me and every member of the AMA) is to just order one of everything and take one drop of each daily. I'll have to consider that further. In the meantime, my order's in.

(Hmmm, that might make an interesting study. "One hundred SAD-addled mortals were randomized into either Group A, take a drop of each, or Group B, follow doctor's orders." Anyone know how to write a grant proposal?)

These days a grant proposal should resemble a prayer of worship in style and prose.

I would recommend your plan on said supplements,low dose and a notebook.

Nokoni

These days a grant proposal should resemble a prayer of worship in style and prose.

I would recommend your plan on said supplements,low dose and a notebook.
Sadly, in the absence of a highly desirable and potentially accessible female, which in my current state of decrepitude is as mythical as a unicorn (which is why a merciful God made dreams), a worshipful style is not in my repertoire.

But of course my modest proposal – just take a drop of everything – is absurd anyway. And yet it is a measure of both my respect for Haidut and my contempt for the medical profession that I actually do believe:

Drop of each > Do nothing > Follow doc’s orders :)