Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

DeFibron - Liquid Methylated SFA For Lab/R&D

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Dezertfox

Dezertfox Member

Thanks Haidut, can you let me know the absorption rate when applied topically? I remember the last time I used it my teeth were very sensitive, so I would like to go the topical route this time

2. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Probably about 30%-35%, probably more if left on the skin for hours until it is completely dry.

3. Owen B

Owen B Member

Aren't lipomas developed as a result of too much lipolysis? If so, how is adding SFAs supposed to help?

It sounds like people are getting good results with this for fibrosis but for lipomas wouldn't getting adrenaline down be better?

Also, is fibrosis being used here to describe scar tissue or generalized (?) fibrosis? For stress related fibrosis? For uterine fibrosis? For trigger points (fibrosis on the connective tissue of muscles)?

4. Fractality

Fractality Member

1. I'm confused on how that study is positive; I'm reading that palmitic acid induces anxiety-like behavior in rats.
    2. Do you know what the HED is for that study?

5. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

It shows that palmitic acid increases serotonin degradation and as a result the 5-HT/5-HIAA ratio falls. The 5-HIAA is a breakdown product of serotonin. At the same time palmitic acid increased the dopamine/DOPAC ratio, which is also a positive. Sometimes, anxiety in animals is confused for increased restlessness, which could be the result of higher energy levels and desire to move.

6. Fractality

Fractality Member

Got it, what about the HED question on the second PUFA depletion study?

7. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Two different doses were used. The first one (0.5%) is high and is about 6g-7g daly for a human. However, the second one (0.1%) is about 1g-1.5g daily and as such perfectly reasonable.
    "...Body weight decreased approximately 25% in one week for normal and hepatoma bearing animals being fed the 0.5% methyl 2-hexadecynoate in the diet. Because it appeared the animals would die soon, the amount of methyl 2-hexadecynoate was reduced to 0.1% of the diet for the remaining three weeks. The animals then maintained their weight the second week and gained weight the third and fourth weeks, reaching 87% of their original weight, but the appearance of the essential fatty acid deficiency persisted. Control animals gained 50 to 60 g during the experiment."

8. xeliex

xeliex Member

Whoaa! I've been worried for years that my gut is messed up from increased intestinal microorganisms! This sheds a new light on the topic. I hope many people read that and relax. Thank you!

9. Fractality

Fractality Member

Subject is terribly afraid of aneurysms. From my cursory review of the literature, subject should consider DeFibron to help maintain flexibility of the blood circulatory system. Dr. Ray Peat has said that aneurysms develop when oxidative metabolism is impaired. Would DeFibron maintain oxidative metabolism when faced with substances that impair it (like alcohol)?

10. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Hardening of blood vessels has a lot to do with aldosterone and cortisol. So, pregnenolone/progesterone may be better options but DeFibron has the advantage of being non-steroid. But I don't know if it reverses hardening or only temporarily relieves it.
    Cortisol And Aldosterone Cause Vascular Calcification
    Pregnenolone Is A Potent Aldosterone Antagonist (antimineralocorticoid)

11. Fractality

Fractality Member

12. bromuda

bromuda Member

Is it safe to take this along with MB?

13. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I don't see an issue as none of the fatty acids in it are known to interact with MAO-A.

14. Ponce

Ponce Member

My experience after one use week : topically, I have none problem. When I use this orally I have diarrhea for 2 days. I am very anxious and have all the signs of high serotonin. I do not know if this can be related, but I want to point out my personal experience. Other indication : I am on a diet with a minimum of starch for 1 year and I eat very few PUFA.

15. Fractality

Fractality Member

Is it mainly the tocopherols in this that would counteract PUFA when it is ingested? Or do the saturated fatty acids "compete" against the PUFA? Say 20+ drops before eating a couple slices of commercial pizza.

16. jb116

jb116 Member

Both are protective

17. Niles

Niles New Member

I have PFS, and I've just ordered a bottle in hopes of treating penile fibrosis. Any thoughts on this use case, e.g. potential complications with PFS, best application method (topical to affected area? oral?), etc? I plan to start very slowly with this, just to be safe.

Also, I've had some recurring instances of tooth sensitivity with PFS, and was wondering - has anyone determined the mechanism behind tooth sensitivity some have experienced after taking DeFibron?

18. Niles

Niles New Member

I took my first 5 drop topical dose of DeFibron yesterday afternoon, and the effects were... interesting. From what I'd read in this thread, I was expecting something that felt dopaminergic, but if anything, this felt weirdly serotonergic. I got a familiar warm "buzzing" type feeling in my head and chest ~45min - 1hr after dosing, with a light head pressure and very mild tooth sensitivity. These physical effects were reminiscent of the start of a tryptamine come-up, that I've experienced with psilocybin, LSD, and others. Strangely, this "buzzing" felt physically sedating yet mentally stimulating, resulting in a mental energy that lacked focus. I wouldn't describe any of this as unpleasant, per se, just strange. I'll continue to experiment and see where this takes me.