ddjd

I'd say it helped me sleep through the night (retain liver glycogen) within a few days of using it. I never used to have problems with that before peating the last few months, but DeFibron helped.
is it not a good idea to take it close to bedtime?

managing

Hello, I’m wondering if you would please give us an update on your defibron use, are you still not using it, or did you feel the need to resume use? Do you think there were long term benefits from temporary use?
Haven't been taking.

Good question re long term benefits. Maybe. My asthma is definitely reduced.

ddjd

The link between fat and cancer seems to apply mostly to PUFA and MUFA.
why is it that so many countries, particularly around the middle east and the mediteranean, perceive olive oil to be this elixir of health, that it can treat all maladies?

ddjd

the effect it had on my skin (when applied topically), took years off me (really appealed to my vain nature). A really cool product, but made me feel off after a while (too much E?).
do you think it was the vitamin E or the saturated PC which was so good for your skin?

ddjd

Prolactin also varies a lot over time so one blood test is not an accurate representation of your general prolactin levels.
i thought the opposite was the case, that prolactin generally doesnt jump around too much so its a fairly accurate representation of estrogenicity in the body.

ddjd

What does reduced serotonin feel like?
in my experience high serotonin = frequent urination, increase in histamine problems, high adrenaline. So low serotonin solves all these issues.

on the plus, i do think serotonin plays a key role in sociability which can sometimes be helpful for introverts like myself. i find when my serotonin is high people find me more likeable/ approachable and im a lot better in conversation and i can actually enjoy being around people.

Hans

Forum Supporter
in my experience high serotonin = frequent urination, increase in histamine problems, high adrenaline. So low serotonin solves all these issues.

on the plus, i do think serotonin plays a key role in sociability which can sometimes be helpful for introverts like myself. i find when my serotonin is high people find me more likeable/ approachable and im a lot better in conversation and i can actually enjoy being around people.
Strange. Serotonin is associated with anti-social anxiety depressed type of behaviour. I definitely feel more anti-social when my serotonin is elevated and the opposite when my dopamine is high and stress hormones are low.

ddjd

Strange. Serotonin is associated with anti-social anxiety depressed type of behaviour. I definitely feel more anti-social when my serotonin is elevated and the opposite when my dopamine is high and stress hormones are low.
You only need to take MDMA to know that serotonin doesnt cause anti social behaviour lol

Hans

Forum Supporter
You only need to take MDMA to know that serotonin doesnt cause anti social behaviour lol
MDMA increases serotonin, dopamine, noradrenaline, oxytocin and activates H1 receptor and causes acetylcholine release, etc., so there are way more interactions going on. So the pro-social effect of MDMA cannot be credited to serotonin.

ddjd

MDMA increases serotonin, dopamine, noradrenaline, oxytocin and activates H1 receptor and causes acetylcholine release, etc., so there are way more interactions going on. So the pro-social effect of MDMA cannot be credited to serotonin.
You forgot Cortisol. That's one of the main ones. You keep thinking Serotonin has nothing to do with it then....

Dont get me wrong, there's no doubt about the destructive and toxic effects of highhigh Serotonin, I'm not promoting it, but I'm saying it undoubtedly has an important role in social interaction

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
why is it that so many countries, particularly around the middle east and the mediteranean, perceive olive oil to be this elixir of health, that it can treat all maladies?

It certainly is better than seed oils, and has some ingredients like oleuropein that can raise metabolism and even protect from cancer.

Hans

Forum Supporter
You forgot Cortisol. That's one of the main ones. You keep thinking Serotonin has nothing to do with it then....

Dont get me wrong, there's no doubt about the destructive and toxic effects of highhigh Serotonin, I'm not promoting it, but I'm saying it undoubtedly has an important role in social interaction
Yes cortisol is also involved, but I wasn't trying to lay out an exhaustive list of interactions and I'm definitely not trying to cause an argument.
I'm merely suggesting that serotonin isn't the one to get the credit as there are many other factors which play a large role along with elevated serotonin.
I don't think serotonin has nothing to do with it and I never said so.
I'm also not saying that you approve of serotonin's effects, or saying that you think they are positive. I'm saying that the effect that serotonin has on social behavior and activity is not positive but negative.

Serotonin creates a laid back, submissive, introverted, withdrawn behaviour, whereas dopamine creates excited, energetic, confident, positive, extroverted behaviour. I also think that people would be more drawn to a dopaminergic type personally than a serotonergic type personality, but kind attracts kind ofc.

jitsmonkey

It certainly is better than seed oils, and has some ingredients like oleuropein that can raise metabolism and even protect from cancer.

another factor to be wary of is the high preponderance of commercial olive oils being cut yet not labeled with cheap vegetable oils.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
another factor to be wary of is the high preponderance of commercial olive oils being cut yet not labeled with cheap vegetable oils.

True. I wonder how prevalent the cutting is in products certified as organic...

managing

True. I wonder how prevalent the cutting is in products certified as organic...
The primary exporters received a lot of bad publicity a few years back and major purchasers (like Costco) instituted required testing. I am not sure what th estatus of all this is today, but I am under the impression that it is primarily a thing of the past.

RobertJM

do you think it was the vitamin E or the saturated PC which was so good for your skin?

It must have been the saturated PC as I have never gotten any such effects from other vitamin E products.

ddjd

I'd love to hear what people's experiences are Defibron, hair-wise. It's interesting that fibrosis is implicated in hair loss and old injuries, and that a lot of people here are experiencing old injuries becoming painful again.

I began to experience hair loss and joint issues at the same time.
just searching "hair" for this thread you can see lots of positive comments. my girlfriend said my hair looked different, like id done something to it, in a positive way, a few days after taking Defibron. I think its maybe something to do with the TGF-beta lowering effects of methyl palmtiate which haidut talked about in the opening post.

"TGF-b1 stimulates the formation of collagen, and overtime this overproduction leads to “perifollicular fibrosis” further reducing the hair follicles’ access to oxygen, sugar, and other nutrients. Levels of TGF-b1 are closely related to the progression of pattern baldness,[23] and alongside hypoxia, the accumulation and activation of mast cells,[24] and an increased concentration of prostaglandins reinforce the view that the defining feature of pattern baldness, a decreased anagen to telogen ratio, is the result of chronic scalp inflammation and an inability to repair.[25]"

Last edited:

Dezertfox

I have a couple of questions. 1- Has anyone taken this for fatty liver and had good results? Did you use it topically/orally?

2- How do I know if it's good or has gone bad? I have a bottle which has been lying around for about a year and I am not sure if it's good or not now, any idea on how to test it?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have a couple of questions. 1- Has anyone taken this for fatty liver and had good results? Did you use it topically/orally?

2- How do I know if it's good or has gone bad? I have a bottle which has been lying around for about a year and I am not sure if it's good or not now, any idea on how to test it?

I can answer #2. The SFA esters do not go bad as far as has been tested. The rest of the product is vitamin E, which also has very long shelf life. However, FDA mandates that all liquid products be advertised with no more than 12 months of shelf life. So, it's up to you to decide if you want to use it if it has been more than 12 months since buying.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals