Dismiss Notice
  6. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

DeFibron - Liquid Methylated SFA For Lab/R&D

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Tzheng2012

Tzheng2012 Member

Yeah usually after the scabs fall off. Scabs are a good thing because it keeps the wound moist and protects it so dont pick it off early. Then once the scabs come off you want to put something that can keep it moisturized all the time.

I havent heard many people say coconut oil helps with scars. I use it on my body but i notice it does almost nothing for dry skin. I think its occlusive properties arent that much. Cocoa butter is more known for scar healing. Id also top off with vaseline for areas that you really dont want to scar like face or youd have to apply cocoa butter multiple times a day since it gets absorbed, as opposed to vaseline which just sits there.

2. managing

managing Member

Thanks. Minimizing scarring is going to be a top priority when this all heals.

3. tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom Member

Honey is really good for both open wounds and scarring; gives the cells glucose and helps retain Co2 in the area. Speeds healing and lessons scarring.

Keep the wounds covered from air, if possible to help retain even more Co2, and if not with a bandaid/bandage, use an occlusive ointment like mentioned above to keep air from it

4. Tzheng2012

Tzheng2012 Member

Co2 is probably one aspect, but moisture is really the most important. A bandaid wont do much in the way of that i feel. They have silicon sheets for scarring which is proven to help but it wont work so well all over your face because of practicality reasons.

5. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Wagner's post refers to actual grams of each macronutrient. For example, 80 grams protein, 80 grams carbohydrate and 80 grams fat, each supplying 4 calories, 4 calories, and 9 calories per gram respectively.

Wagner's caloric breakdown would be around 22% 22% and 56%, and Dr. Peat's said it should be around 25%, 25%, 50% of calories from carbohydrates, proteins and fats respectively.

Anglicized, Germanic and Scandinavian countries tend to have their fats as a percentage of calories between 25%-40%.

6. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

Did he say that? I doubt it but maybe my memory is wrong and I think he was into ketones at some point. In any case I don't think he has a precise answer for this question, his diet has varied a lot over time. He has quotes on dairy fat being fattening but that he knew peoe who got slimmer with a lot of CO in their diet.
    I meant % of calories, 33+33+33=100.
    I personally think on a high-carb diet fat is stored very easily.

7. tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom Member

Do you mean DMSO and fat don't mix as in oil and water?

Or is there some chemical problem that can occur with mixing them?

8. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

The first one. DMSO and fat do not mix and they probably hinder each other's absorption.

9. katiekeen

katiekeen Member

10. jb116

jb116 Member

@katiekeen also consider the "vehicle" for the injection, they used castor oil. Just saying this could have other effects.

11. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

12. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

The study says it could be due to the elevated 5-HIAA (and this lower serotonin) in the amygdala. It also say palmitic acid increased dopamine levels, so that could play a role too.
    "...Dysfunctional neurotransmitter availability and signaling is associated with many neuropsychiatric sequella, including memory loss, depression, delirium and anxiety [6064]. Recently, we demonstrated that mice fed a HFD for 1 wk exhibit memory impairment and anxiety like behaviors that were connected to disrupted brain-based dopamine metabolism [12]. Here we found that 24 hrs after palmitic acid administration the hippocampal DA:DOPAC ratio was elevated in the hippocampus and that the 5-HT:5-HIAA ratio was elevated in the amygdala. This dopamine ratio supports the contention that FFAs may be responsible for HFD-mediated dysregulated dopamine metabolism in the brain and that the addictive nature of HFDs may be related to perturbed brain levels of dopamine [65]. Previously, in our HFD feeding work, we did not look at the amygdala or at serotonin/serotonin metabolism. In that the amygdala is critical to emotive learning [66] and anxietal states [67] and defects in serotinergic signaling in the amygdala are associated with anxiety [68], our current findings suggest that palmitic acid-dependent increase in 5-HIAA may be responsible for the anxiety seen. Correlatively, increased 5-HIAA in the amygdala is associated with anxiety-like behavior in mice [69]."

13. Hitoshi

Hitoshi Member

because fibrosis is "lockdown" of a toxified or damaged joint, the defibron is likely breaking down the lockdown scar tissue and returning the joint to pre-lockdown state for acute inflammation/healing/remodelling to take place once again.

14. Spartan300

Spartan300 Member

@haidut you suggested DeFibron may reduce intra ocular pressures more cheaply/effectively than Lisuride but having read through here I've not seen anything that qualifies it in that regard other than some early references to 'wider'/enhanced vision. Are you attributing that to reduced IOP?

As mentioned elsewhere I'm looking for anything which may help me get off prostaglandin/beta-blocker eye drops.

Thanks

15. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Dopamine is known to lower IOP and methyl palmitate was shown to be dopaminergic in one of the studies in the original thread. Also, methyl palmitate has been shown to lower systemic BP, which is linked to IOP as well.

16. Spartan300

Spartan300 Member

Thanks @haidut , I've been using gonadin but I'm not perceiving any effect. I notice that DeFibron has quite a significantly higher dose of methyl palmitate so I'll try that.

17. Salmonamb

Salmonamb Member

Sorry, I know you didn't ask me. I just wanted to add that carbonic anhydrase inhibitors reduce IOP. Coffee, aspirin, thiamine, biotin, pomegranate are all safe carbonic anhydrase inhibitors. Maybe defibron might also have an effect or atleast increase CO2 production.

18. Spartan300

Spartan300 Member

Thanks @Salmonamb , I use coffee & aspirin but not tried the others so I'll add those to my shopping list.

19. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

This. Thanks for pointing that out. In addition, PUFA deficiency has been shown to lower IOP, so I am guessing a spoonful of MCT or other SFA may cause temporary drop in IOP by increasing SFA/PUFA ratio in bloodstream. Maybe this is why people reported benefits from DeFibron and not so much its dopaminergic effects.

20. Spartan300

Spartan300 Member

All this is really encouraging and I really appreciate the advice. I wonder if PUFA accumulation over many years has led to this. Although I've learnt over the last couple of years & have been avoiding where possible I wonder if I still have PUFA 'reserves' I need to deplete.....