OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I guess what I wanted to put emphasis on is the "pepsi" part of dyspepsia. :chaplin

Lol, well, in that case you are absolutely right :):

aarfai

Anyone still using this with success? Have the methyl groups attached to the chemicals been discussed in this thread? If not, how would this impact methylation pathways specially DNA methylation? Thank you

dfspcc20

Curious about anyone's continued experience with this product.
Has the initial pain in scar tissue abated? Scar tissue gone away?
Anyone else with a sensitive gut get improvement like @haidut reported?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Anyone still using this with success? Have the methyl groups attached to the chemicals been discussed in this thread? If not, how would this impact methylation pathways specially DNA methylation? Thank you

Since the methylated fatty acids are resistant to metabolism they probably do not contribute to methylation much. Similar to caffeine - a lot of methyl groups but a stable molecule that does not donate any of those groups while inside the body.

PTP

I'm most curious about potential pufa depletion - I believe in Dr Peat's science, but still don't put too much effort into avoiding pufa (I tried a William Brown style milk and sugar and oj diet for one day and the all liquid diet nearly drove me insane within hours, gave up in the afternoon and had some bread and butter).

On the study that mentions depletion of fatty acids with methyl 2-hexadecynoate (no idea if/how much that differs from this product),
the rats were also on a low fat diet (which I'm not). I can't see any reference to the dosage used with the rats, or how that might scale to a human dosage if someone were inclined to experiment with that. Any ideas?

tara

(I tried a William Brown style milk and sugar and oj diet for one day and the all liquid diet nearly drove me insane within hours, gave up in the afternoon and had some bread and butter)
I don't think William Brown's diet was all liquid , or all milk, OJ and sugar - he wasn't avoiding starch.

PTP

I don't think William Brown's diet was all liquid , or all milk, OJ and sugar - he wasn't avoiding starch.
It was mostly liquid, with some cottage cheese and half an orange - I can't eat much cottage cheese because I don't like the taste enough, (at least of the storebought variety).

tara

It was mostly liquid, with some cottage cheese and half an orange - I can't eat much cottage cheese because I don't like the taste enough, (at least of the storebought variety).
And some kind of biscuit or cake made from potato starch or something similarly calorie dense and starchy, IIRC?

If you are deliberately avoiding starch, or it messes with your digestion, that won't be any use to you.
If you are OK with starch, there are probably a few easy ways to incorporate some that would raise the calorie density in tasty ways without raising the fat content. Eg custard made by adding rice flour or similar to milk, and flavouring with sugar/honey/vanilla/cocoa/whatever you fancy.

If you like milk, and you want something more calorie dense, you might find you like any easy homemade farmers cheese: heat milk, add vinegar to curdle, strain, salt.
Tastes different from any store-bought cottage cheese I've come across, and you can make it out of milk with more or less fat content.

PTP

I appreciate the advice - and I have been intending to make cottage cheese with low fat milk and vinegar- but I'm not sure how well ultra-pasteurised milk (all that's near me) will curdle. But I didn't mean to start a debate on this diet style- I'm still going to eat pizza and eggs and the occasional fatty fish, which is why I'd be interested in an alternative way of reducing pufa without shoveling spoonfuls of coconut oil down my throat.

mem

I've had nice results with topical application, but whenever I take more than 5 drops or so orally, I experience extreme irritability and am very easily angered. Of course, I will spend some more time with lower doses and topical dosage before trying to increase it again. But I'm wondering what sort of process might be causing this reaction. What might I do to try to offset this effect?

Raytoo

I've had nice results with topical application, but whenever I take more than 5 drops or so orally, I experience extreme irritability and am very easily angered. Of course, I will spend some more time with lower doses and topical dosage before trying to increase it again. But I'm wondering what sort of process might be causing this reaction. What might I do to try to offset this effect?
I have the same reaction when taken orally, it might be because I also take stressnone, pregnenolone , so maybe it's increasing the effects. I get moody.

RePeatRePeat

The first use of 10 drops topically before bed gave me a bit of an altered (in a good way) feeling, definitely calm, and a deep night's sleep, awaking only once to urinate. No altered feeling the next night but still great sleep and both mornings waking up rested and with a 97.9 temp which I have rarely been able to reach. Third night I tossed and turned. I am still using 10 - 15 drops daily, topically, but not getting any super calm feeling or consistently deeper sleep. But I still love the product because of everything good I know it is doing. I may need to drop to 8 drops and see how I do.

But, a recent blood test (before taking the Defibron) tells me I have low prolactin and my question is this: if dopamine drives down prolactin and Defibron raises dopamine, am I hurting myself by taking Defibron because it could drive prolactin down even further?

And does anyone know if low prolactin is bad? All I ever read here is to lower it but mine is already too low. Normal is 4.8-23 ng/dL and I measured in at 3.8.

Constatine

The first use of 10 drops topically before bed gave me a bit of an altered (in a good way) feeling, definitely calm, and a deep night's sleep, awaking only once to urinate. No altered feeling the next night but still great sleep and both mornings waking up rested and with a 97.9 temp which I have rarely been able to reach. Third night I tossed and turned. I am still using 10 - 15 drops daily, topically, but not getting any super calm feeling or consistently deeper sleep. But I still love the product because of everything good I know it is doing. I may need to drop to 8 drops and see how I do.

But, a recent blood test (before taking the Defibron) tells me I have low prolactin and my question is this: if dopamine drives down prolactin and Defibron raises dopamine, am I hurting myself by taking Defibron because it could drive prolactin down even further?

And does anyone know if low prolactin is bad? All I ever read here is to lower it but mine is already too low. Normal is 4.8-23 ng/dL and I measured in at 3.8.
That is not crazy low. I would not worry about low prolactin unless you have signs of sexual dysfunction. Prolactin also varies a lot over time so one blood test is not an accurate representation of your general prolactin levels. Do you practice sexual abstinence or Nofap? That can be a reason prolacin is low.

RePeatRePeat

I did read on the world wide interweb that there is usually no problem having low prolactin but didn't trust the truth of that. After all, I can also read that sugar causes dental carries. :rolleyes: So, thank you, @Constatine, for this information.

Tarmander

Dopamine can definitely have a dark side.

Koveras

That is not crazy low. I would not worry about low prolactin unless you have signs of sexual dysfunction.

I would agree in general that there's not much need to worry unless you have symptoms. Prolactin increases the synthesis of steroids and sensitivity of tissues to steroids though - including the testis - where it increases the responsiveness of testis to luteinizing hormone and results in increased testosterone production. This might get reversed with higher levels of prolactin where inflammation and oxidative stress get increased excessively, the synthesis of protective steroids decreases, and the balance shifts in a more negative direction.

Testicular responsiveness to a single dose of hCG during chronic hyper- and hypoprolactinemia in aged men. - PubMed - NCBI
Effects of prolactin on the sensitivity of the testis to LH. - PubMed - NCBI
Effects of chronic bromocriptine-induced hypoprolactinemia on plasma testosterone responses to human chorionic gonadotropin stimulation in normal men. - PubMed - NCBI
Effect of a dopamine agonist on luteinizing hormone receptors, cyclic AMP production and steroidogenesis in rat Leydig cells. - PubMed - NCBI
Hypoprolactinemia as related to seminal quality and serum testosterone. - PubMed - NCBI

allblues

@RePeatRePeat, have you managed to get your sleep back? I've been using 5-15 drops a day for about 2 weeks, and getting some great effects, but like you I've had trouble falling asleep these past few days. Somehow this product makes me supremely alert, which is great during the day, but frustrating at bedtime. Gonna try lower doses and only dosing in morning. If this stuff builds up in the system however ceasing completely might be the only option, which would be a shame.

Too early to give a complete picture of effects but I'm getting some minor acne (usually means androgen production in my case), tremendously alert, yet relaxed state of mind, and silky smooth hair. Loving it so far, hope sleep issues will resolve with above adjustments.

Edit; I also felt some new sensations around my heart the first two days. Haven't felt it again since.

RePeatRePeat

@allblues, I skipped 2 days and started sleeping better, though not as well as I first did with Defibron. This morning I applied only 3 drops and will see how I do. The effect does seem cumulative so I wanted to take a short break before starting again but at a lower dose. I did not get any special feeling from today's application but seem to be able to focus a little better. It would be great to report laser focus and getting s**t done, but it hasn't been that way for me. I actually felt too relaxed when I was taking 10-15 drops. Like all I wanted to do was watch TV or go lie down. Doesn't sound too dopamine-like. Also had lower and lower temperatures during day and upon awakening as days went by. So, maybe I lowered cortisol too much for daytime? Today, with the 3 drops, I have had a 98.4 - 98.6 steady. Great improvement along with the slightly better motivation and focus.

@Koveras, great info. Emphasizes how it's all a delicate balance. Haven't had any negative symptoms from low prolactin - that I know of! Will keep an eye out.

@Tarmander, yes, if the balance is thrown off too far in either direction, something's going to suffer. I enjoy the n=1 experimentation because responses are quickly noted, adjustments made, and eventually (is the hope) the right balance is restored.

allblues

Good to hear, I'll probably have to skip a few days too. Getting serious amounts of energy for some reason, almost a little manic feeling, especially after the problems sleeping. It's midnight here and I feel ready to go on a hike. I didn't figure these little fatty acids would be able to do such a thing.

nullredvector

what's the deal with the precipitate?

Attachments

• IMG_20170928_165340.jpg
    IMG_20170928_165340.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 76