Defatting The Pancreas And Liver Kickstarts Insulin Production In Type 2 Diabetes

burtlancast

They are making a trial ( ends in 2018) demonstrating losing weight enables type 2 diabetic patients to secrete once more insulin.

"Biochemical remission of T2DM has been demonstrated with weight loss around 15kg following bariatric surgery and in several small studies of non-surgical energy-restriction treatments. The non-surgical Counterweight-Plus programme, running in Primary Care where obesity and T2DM are routinely managed, produces >15 kg weight loss in 33% of all enrolled patients. The Diabetes UK-funded Counterpoint study suggested that this should be sufficient to reverse T2DM by removing ectopic fat in liver and pancreas, restoring first-phase insulin secretion."
The Diabetes Remission Clinical Trial (DiRECT): protocol for a cluster randomised trial. - PubMed - NCBI

Reversing Type 2 Diabetes - Newcastle Magnetic Resonance Centre - Newcastle University

The Gerson people already proved that 70 years ago with their juices and vegetaran diet.

Last edited:

Waynish

I'm curious about spleen and pancreatic extract usage. Wouldn't it be like the NDT of spleen/pancreas function so long as stomach acid is looked after? Also, there are many people who have spleen/stomach/pancreas issues who don't need to lose any fat - like myself. TCM seems to actually have consistent treatments and diagnoses for these, unlike western medicine. Furthermore, their reasoning about small intestinal damage long term coming from the spleen/pancreas-stomach system.

rei

The Gerson people already proved that 70 years ago with their juices and vegetaran diet.

No need to go full retard. Simply by cutting carb intake to less than 50% of total calories most t2d patients will recover. Only exceptions are the ones too far damaged who will need more intense intervention to restore insulin production.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

No need to go full retard. Simply by cutting carb intake to less than 50% of total calories most t2d patients will recover. Only exceptions are the ones too far damaged who will need more intense intervention to restore insulin production.

Actually, if you take the time to listen to their courses, they explain it usually only takes 2-3 days of juices to bring back glycemia in normal ranges.

So it's not just the weight loss, although most patients will lose tens of pounds and get their type 2 diabetes under control after about a month on the therapy.

rei

Making such radical statements would need some references. Most research seem to point towards sugary liquids being the most easy method to consume too much carbs without realizing it.

If you are on a strict juice diet and limit the amount, then of course, your will lose weight if the calorie content is low enough.

edit: carbs can mainly harm you when you do too much of them. Almost any western person eats more than they need. They should concentrate on getting all the micronutrients and vitamins, the calories come automatically if those are satisfied.

Last edited:
OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

I believe Ray explained the high potassium of carrot and apple juice will allow blood glucose to enter cells without the need of insulin.

Last edited:
Type two's make enough insulin, often more than a non-type two person. It's type one and type one and a half that do not make any or enough insulin.

They therefore become type one's then.

This is basically semantics, but your use of these terms is inconsistent with how they are used in the literature. A type 2 diabetic whose beta cells stopped working doesn't "become" a type 1 diabetic, they've just experienced the natural course of type 2 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is defined by evidence of autoimmunity early in the course of the disease. Beta cell death in type 2 diabetes happens late in the course of the disease and doesn't necessarily involve autoimmunity.

Last edited:

rei

I believe Ray explained the high potassium of carrot and apple juice will allow blood glucose to enter cells without the need of insulin.

All cells in the human body are able to utilize glucose, even in complete absence of insulin. Insulin is merely a hormone that instructs the cells to shift or ramp up metabolism, based on cell type.

Numerous other substances might achieve the same (like you argue potassium) but the fundamental truth is that all cells allow glucose to enter, to the level they need to stay alive and do their basic role.

This is basically semantics, but your use of these terms is inconsistent with how they are used in the literature. A type 2 diabetic whose beta cells stopped working doesn't "become" a type 1 diabetic, they've just experienced the natural course of type 2 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is defined by evidence of autoimmunity. Beta cell death in type 2 diabetes doesn't necessarily involve autoimmunity.

I know. I wrote a whole post on how diabetes needs to be named. But if someones pancreas doesn't make insulin at all anymore, no matter what caused it, to me, logically, that's type one diabetes. But, as I said, the names are stupid. The word "diabetes" should not be shared for type 1 and type 2. It causes confusion.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals