DECREASE FACE WATER RETENTION WITHOUT CUTTING?

AndrogenicJB

I've been bulking for a while now with a Peaty diet -- not put on too much fat but my face has added alot of water retention --- i dont want to cut as i will lose strength gains --- is there any way to lose water retention without cutting -- is increasing sat/mono fat the way -- will dandelion root help --- decreased protein or carbs maybe? --- all suggestions are appreciated

A few things you might try out:
1. Nicotine/ tobacco use (in a safe/ safer way)
2. Inclined bed therapy
3. Eating asparagus
4. Experimenting with a lower salt intake

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

A few things you might try out:
1. Nicotine/ tobacco use (in a safe/ safer way)
2. Inclined bed therapy
3. Eating asparagus
4. Experimenting with a lower salt intake
if my bed is not adjustable should I try and make it incline by adding pillows or other materials? Also why does incline bed therapy help, also with asparagus do I eat it raw or is there a way I should cook it

Depending on the frame, you can just lay wooden blocks or books under it. That would probably the simplest solution to try it out (see also Inclined Bed Therapy - Sleeping With The Head End Of The Bed Elevated ). At least for me, sleeping on pillows would reduce the sleep quality as they are pretty soft and make the surface uneven.

Just cook it the traditional way, goes great with sauce hollandaise if you find one without vegetable oil or make it yourself. I only heard that it decreases water retention for some.

Razvan

Lowering estrogen is key. My face is always shredded even if i were overweight. Vitamin E 800iu + K2 + aspirin can be a good combo if you don't want hormones.

Sweet Meat

I've been bulking for a while now with a Peaty diet -- not put on too much fat but my face has added alot of water retention --- i dont want to cut as i will lose strength gains --- is there any way to lose water retention without cutting -- is increasing sat/mono fat the way -- will dandelion root help --- decreased protein or carbs maybe? --- all suggestions are appreciated

smoking

walking

avoiding excess protein (i work in a gym and many who overdo protein end up looking like gammons)

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Lowering estrogen is key. My face is always shredded even if i were overweight. Vitamin E 800iu + K2 + aspirin can be a good combo if you don't want hormones.
Even on a bulk? Has K2 caused hair loss for you? Also do you think if I decrease rice consumption a bit and go higher fat diet that could help because of increased cholesterol

Razvan

Even on a bulk? Has K2 caused hair loss for you? Also do you think if I decrease rice consumption a bit and go higher fat diet that could help because of increased cholesterol
Yes,lower starch and higher saturated fat definitely could help.

SOMO

I don't think increasing dietary fat will cause your face to become puffy.

How do you direct the fat to the face? You could just be overweight?
Really if you're noticing such a significant difference in your face puffiness, the first thing I thought of is Kidney issues.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

I don't think increasing dietary fat will cause your face to become puffy.

How do you direct the fat to the face? You could just be overweight?
Really if you're noticing such a significant difference in your face puffiness, the first thing I thought of is Kidney issues.
I might decrease carbs from like 450 to 380 and maybe up the fat to 150 but i need to stay in a bulk so i don't lose performance --- do you think natural diuretics work

SOMO

I might decrease carbs from like 450 to 380 and maybe up the fat to 150 but i need to stay in a bulk so i don't lose performance --- do you think natural diuretics work

I wouldn't use diuretics because it will disrupt your sodium balance. If anything I would first try to increase sodium intake.

Sodium, unless it's in super high doses, pulls water out of circulation and reduces water swelling. I know when I increase sodium intake, I pee a lot more. Generally speaking, in biology, sodium attracts water to itself. And glycogen/carbs do increase how much water you have stored in your cells. So reducing carbs slightly and increasing sodium should reduce the amount of water stored. I think lowering carbs slightly + increasing sodium would be one of the simplest and most direct things you can try.

frankmp0

Did you ever find a solution? This is something I'm dealing with right now. I noticed that when I was in florida for a week, low water, no added salt, I looked WAY better which I attribute to low water ret without losing any body fat. Right now I've gained maybe half a percent of bf and look way puffier in the face. I'm thinking of trying aspirin like the dude said

Peatress

Did you ever find a solution? This is something I'm dealing with right now. I noticed that when I was in florida for a week, low water, no added salt, I looked WAY better which I attribute to low water ret without losing any body fat. Right now I've gained maybe half a percent of bf and look way puffier in the face. I'm thinking of trying aspirin like the dude said
Be careful. Have you come off your other protocols - they thin the blood as those aspirin.

Look into thiamine - vaccines block thiamine function.

frankmp0

Be careful. Have you come off your other protocols - they thin the blood as those aspirin.

Look into thiamine - vaccines block thiamine function.
I was thinking about adding in some pork. Do you have a reference for that? I've never heard of that before, but you have a bunch of interesting new insights.

mostlylurking

I was thinking about adding in some pork. Do you have a reference for that? I've never heard of that before, but you have a bunch of interesting new insights.
thanks @Peatress for the heads up.

Yes, thiamine can resolve edema.
"Thiamine (vitamin B1) deficiency may also cause peripheral edema and severe thiamine deficiency may progress to cardiac failure-related edema (2)."
-end paste-
But if thiamine deficiency is the cause of the edema, you won't be able to get enough thiamine via diet alone to resolve the problem.

mostlylurking

What do you mean by that?
"Wet beriberi is present when the cardiovascular system is involved. The heart fails to function, leading to edema and fluid retention. The key reason for heart dysfunction is an overuse injury. Wet beriberi is a medical emergency and, without treatment, can lead to death within days. Thiamine can slowly help with recovery, but most patients require intense supportive measures in an ICU setting."

My point was that if you have edema because of a thiamine deficiency, you will need a LOT more thiamine than what you can consume by eating food. The delivery system of choice seems to be by IV. Edema can be a symptom of some pretty serious health issues.