December 17, 2019 - One Radio Network

Lejeboca

Maybe for someone low on nutrients it can cause overstimulation? I have read people on here talking about dry skin from using progesterone, so maybe that would indicate a calcium deficiency that needs to be fixed. But even this "overstimulation" is a good thing imo because it tells you where your body is off balance and allows you to fix it.

Only situation I can think of where it wouldn't be useful is if someone doesn't have money for nutritious food and can't afford to boost metabolism at the moment.

Thanks! I'll agree that progesterone shouldn't be taken out of context because it is such a "strong remedy and may first cause all sorts aggravations/overstimulations.

To answer my own question, progesterone is not recommended for females before ovulation in their cycle. Although, I remember Peat mentioning certain conditions for which he'd forego the "not before ovulation" rule for women.

Lejeboca

Or perhaps Patrick skipped breakfast and was low on sugar. Everyone's got down days.

Recently, since he went video, he sounds more agitated. The looks even more agitated. He seems this way in general now with his show guests.

Inaut

Recently, since he went video, he sounds more agitated. The looks even more agitated. He seems this way in general now with his show guests.

I love how abrupt he gets with Atom sometimes. Most awkward interviews are with Sircus

Dave Clark

Did he say his 3 foods to bring to a deserted island were cheese, orange juice, and turkey? Or taco? Sounded like he said turkey first but then corrected to taco?
I am pretty sure he said taco. Which makes me ask why he would like something made out of corn. Corn would obviously contain corn oil, would it not, and that is a PUFA oil. Now I realize that it would not be that much, but however much is in the taco would be exposed to high heat, and that can't be healthy. He is such a stickler about PUFAs, I find it odd that he would be into corn that way.

yerrag

I love how abrupt he gets with Atom sometimes. Most awkward interviews are with Sircus
I remember him scolding Mark Sircus for making an annoying rattling sound and he just said outright "Please don't do that. Please don't do that."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Poor Ray Peat, stuck on a deserted Island and not even allowed to enjoy his taco.

boris

I am pretty sure he said taco. Which makes me ask why he would like something made out of corn. Corn would obviously contain corn oil, would it not, and that is a PUFA oil. Now I realize that it would not be that much, but however much is in the taco would be exposed to high heat, and that can't be healthy. He is such a stickler about PUFAs, I find it odd that he would be into corn that way.

He loves his tacos.

Tacos made with masa harina nixtamalizada will have most of the toxins neutralized. The protein is made more readily available to the body and the B vitamins get "activated" by the nixtamalization process. Frying in coconut oil will displace some of the pufa.

redred

mmm tacos I love tacos is so good delicious

redred

tfw I cannot find sprouted corny tortilla in yurup without rapey oil

why even life

OP
L

lampofred

I feel like Patrick was taking shots at him more than usual this show. when he asked what Peat would give to someone with an autoimmune disease, he added “even though you don’t give medical advice” in a pretty sarcastic tone. He also called Peat’s explanation of glucose metabolism and lactic acid production vs carbonic acid production geeky and complicated. I felt like he had a dismissive and snarky tone at times and it was unnecessary.

I felt the negativity most whenever RP was talking about milk. I don't think Patrick thinks drinking 2-3 quarts of milk daily is reasonable (which is understandable). Maybe RP should have mentioned eggshells as a way to balance phosphate. And in general I think Patrick is just a bit confused, I guess he thought sat fat was good and PUFA was bad until now but here RP was saying even sat fat isn't good.

A couple of weeks ago I briefly skimmed through an Atom interview and Patrick was basically yelling at him "what do we have left" when Atom mentioned that meat is high in phosphate and isn't optimal.

And also when Peat mentioned that all spices are toxic to some degree, that was another point where it seemed like Patrick was trying to hide his exasperation that there seems to be basically nothing safe to eat according to Peat.

It seemed to me like he was just trying to avoid saying milk.

Inaut

hey, if you are stuck on an island....PUFA foods should be permitted. Who knows how long it will be before rescue ( if it ever comes). I'd say reese peanut butter cups, grilled cheese (or pizza) and the freshest of squeezed OJ. I'd die a happy man

redred

hey, if you are stuck on an island....PUFA foods should be permitted. Who knows how long it will be before rescue ( if it ever comes). I'd say reese peanut butter cups, grilled cheese (or pizza) and the freshest of squeezed OJ. I'd die a happy man
what if the island is full of oranges tree goats cows chocolate trees coffee trees and also lots of thirsty womens

gaze

Idk i heard turkey also. I thought he meant he meant turkey wrapped in cheese type taco, using a slice of cheese as the tortilla

gaze

me too. That’s what I thought. Turkey breast is zero fat. So I thought, interesting.

Also well fed turkey would provide him with different organ meats and gelatin, although there would be no reason for him to not pick lamb in that case, so maybe he did say tortilla

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals