Dealing with waiting/excitement (First World Problem Post)

Peater

I recently ordered a new truck. No big deal I know. But having had nothing to look forward to since late 2019 (Long story, mostly COVID lockdown but not all) I am bouncing off the walls with excitement. It's not particularly pleasant, particularly as it won't arrive until June.

Any suggestions? I was thinking of looking for a hypnotherapy provider or something as it's not something that needs medicating. Or maybe just some theanine.

I still need to be able to sleep and perform at work well, no matter how excited I am, after all.

bogbody

I absolutely know how you feel. I’m in the process of buying a house and it’s been an emotional rollercoaster. It’s a very positive thing but still a very emotional experience for me. Theanine helps, aspirin, epsom baths. and listening to guided relaxation audio helps me to calm down. Bag breathing and box breathing also.

OP
P

Peater

I think you'll get tired of being excited after a while and just stop.
I really hope you are right! It makes sense.
I absolutely know how you feel. I’m in the process of buying a house and it’s been an emotional rollercoaster. It’s a very positive thing but still a very emotional experience for me. Theanine helps, aspirin, epsom baths. and listening to guided relaxation audio helps me to calm down. Bag breathing and box breathing also.
Thanks, I hope everything goes well with your move. I had to do that in 2019 as I lost my house (Again, part of the story of having nothing to look forward to) so I know how stressful it is. Bag breathing is a good idea. It sounds so silly to find excitement unpleasant but I have a long wait, it would be nicer just to not think about it...I'll hit up Youtube for some guided relaxation

gaze

ME:
How did your "processing" of information change after starting thyroid decades ago?

Did you notice a change in memory, learning stuff, creativity and/or anything surprising?

RAY:
It made it easier to pace myself, not trying to do everything at once.

OP
P

Peater

@gaze I suppose I should have seen that coming :mrgreen: I take 2 tablets of Thyroid-S a day, avoid PUFA etc, and my last thyroid tests came back 'within range', for whatever that result is worth. I don't think my thyroid function is 100%, but it's not too bad.

gaze

@gaze I suppose I should have seen that coming :mrgreen: I take 2 tablets of Thyroid-S a day, avoid PUFA etc, and my last thyroid tests came back 'within range', for whatever that result is worth. I don't think my thyroid function is 100%, but it's not too bad.
i feel like there's a lot of different types of excitable energy. i personally get like that often when i'm constipated, like things start moving super quickly, but after good bowel movements everything's fine in the world and i can think clearly and slowly. also too much stimulation in general i can sort of slip into excitement, for example scrolling too much on social media and just needing the dopamine hit, makes me a bit neurotic