DBCoast’s Recovery Log

remnant

@remnant @DBCoast daily movement, but no intense exercise is how I healed from keto, fasting, and overtraining. Walking the dog, household chores, going to the grocery store, etc. It took over a year.

I think the most stressful things I did were a few big backpacking trips so there was daily hiking with a heavy pack but other than that my body is healthiest when I just don't overdo breathless exercise. I had to quit running.

And also I have come to see how incredibly important it is to eat actual food right after I wake up, before coffee!
Right on! I’m finally learning how to lift weights without needing the adrenaline rush. I focus on building my body, not tearing it down. The whole “no pain, no gain” is complete bs. I like the statement, “activate, don’t annihilate” much better:)

Jennifer

That's basically the same. I think if you're within .5 degree, you're doing well.
Plus, it might be better to wait around 30 minutes to check. Gives your body time to digest, and process things.

This. @DBCoast, my temp always goes down after I have milk, but goes right back up after 30 minutes or so. If your temp goes down and doesn’t come back up, chances are food lowered your stress hormones like Korven mentioned.

I absolutely need to move. It feels good just to walk and do some stretching.

Me too! Moving has been really important for not just my physical health, but also my mental health. It has to feel enjoyable to me, though. If it doesn’t, I easily trigger stress hormones and my sleep suffers.

I really think it's important that you know that you don't have to gain a bunch of weight to heal, like a lot of people on here seem to think.

This. I made the mistake of refeeding thinking that maybe I needed to gain weight to heal and it landed me in the hospital.

OP
D

DBCoast

Rough few days. Stressful events with work really threw me off. My sleep has been really bad because of it. Like almost no sleep.

I took some DHEA and got a lot of Sun exposure and it definitely helped. Despite the poor sleep, I feel like I’m motivated. I definitely feel the insomnia, but I have more energy and motivation than on other days when I have the crushing insomnia. I also want to move more. Morning walk, mid-day walk, make me feel better. I feel like the supplement is helping.

Diet is eggs, sourdough, coco water, liver and rice, ground beef, sugar and milk coffee, oranges, some ice cream, chicken, etc. Trying to watch fat and balance macros.

Woke up hungry and was hungry before bed. Maybe the stress is burning up my sugar reserves?

remnant

Rough few days. Stressful events with work really threw me off. My sleep has been really bad because of it. Like almost no sleep.

I took some DHEA and got a lot of Sun exposure and it definitely helped. Despite the poor sleep, I feel like I’m motivated. I definitely feel the insomnia, but I have more energy and motivation than on other days when I have the crushing insomnia. I also want to move more. Morning walk, mid-day walk, make me feel better. I feel like the supplement is helping.

Diet is eggs, sourdough, coco water, liver and rice, ground beef, sugar and milk coffee, oranges, some ice cream, chicken, etc. Trying to watch fat and balance macros.

Woke up hungry and was hungry before bed. Maybe the stress is burning up my sugar reserves?
Hunger is a stress on its own accord. No need to restrict your eating. Make sure you're satisfied after each meal, and if you need to eat an extra bite or two, just do it!

OP
D

DBCoast

Hunger is a stress on its own accord. No need to restrict your eating. Make sure you're satisfied after each meal, and if you need to eat an extra bite or two, just do it!
Thanks, man. Will do. Had a bunch of good shrimp for dinner, then a little HD ice cream.

OP
D

DBCoast

The insomnia is bordering on unbearable. After almost 5 years, I can’t take much more.

remnant

The insomnia is bordering on unbearable. After almost 5 years, I can’t take much more.
I've dealt with insomnia for 43 years sir. You will be just fine.
Insomnia is a signal from the body telling us something is off. We are the captains of our ship. We got ourselves into trouble, and we can get ourselves out of it.
All of our problems seem to stem from hormonal imbalances. Too much stress, and inflammation, has wrecked havoc on our being. No need to pile on by adding more to an already over abundant supply.
There are many ways to heal, and overcome the damage that has been done. Nutrition, supplements, exercise, etc...will all help, but nothing can replace the impact that a positive attitude has on our organism. Emotions are energy in motion. We are energy beings that have communication within our vast number of internal systems. If we are constantly communicating negatively, we will get negative reactions. When we are kind to ourselves, and show love to our organism, it returns the favor exponentially.
Stay positive sir. Keep searching for answers, but understand that the answers that will help you the most, are already contained within you.

OP
D

DBCoast

How have your digestion been lately? And how's your stool quality? Light/dark brown - constipated or diarrhea?
Not the best. Not full elimination is seems. Light brown.

OP
D

DBCoast

I've dealt with insomnia for 43 years sir. You will be just fine.
Insomnia is a signal from the body telling us something is off. We are the captains of our ship. We got ourselves into trouble, and we can get ourselves out of it.
All of our problems seem to stem from hormonal imbalances. Too much stress, and inflammation, has wrecked havoc on our being. No need to pile on by adding more to an already over abundant supply.
There are many ways to heal, and overcome the damage that has been done. Nutrition, supplements, exercise, etc...will all help, but nothing can replace the impact that a positive attitude has on our organism. Emotions are energy in motion. We are energy beings that have communication within our vast number of internal systems. If we are constantly communicating negatively, we will get negative reactions. When we are kind to ourselves, and show love to our organism, it returns the favor exponentially.
Stay positive sir. Keep searching for answers, but understand that the answers that will help you the most, are already contained within you.
Thanks, man. You’re right. It’s just so hard when you’re absolutely crushed from it. Insomnia affects every fiber of your being. I’m doing my best not to be down and out about it.

OP
D

DBCoast

97.72 temp. Ate 30 min ago. My hands and feet are freezing, so thought I’d check. Indoor temp is 70 degrees.

Jonk

Not the best. Not full elimination is seems. Light brown.
Okay, maybe try some TUDCA, that is what I'm doing right now. It feels like a laxative for the liver from my personal experience. A laxative is probably fine and will give the liver som room to breath again, but you probably don't want to induce diarrhea or too fast transit time over several days or weeks. Light brown I think is from poor bile flow. Too little bile will affect nutrient absorption and bile works as a mild antiseptic.

OP
D

DBCoast

Okay, maybe try some TUDCA, that is what I'm doing right now. It feels like a laxative for the liver from my personal experience. A laxative is probably fine and will give the liver som room to breath again, but you probably don't want to induce diarrhea or too fast transit time over several days or weeks. Light brown I think is from poor bile flow. Too little bile will affect nutrient absorption and bile works as a mild antiseptic.
Thanks, @Jonk, I will look into the TUDCA.

remnant

Thanks, man. You’re right. It’s just so hard when you’re absolutely crushed from it. Insomnia affects every fiber of your being. I’m doing my best not to be down and out about it.
I'm in the foxhole with you sir. Every day brings challenges, which brings opportunities to overcome. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. We'll find our way to the light eventually!

LadyRae

Josh - "donating blood is the PhD of the healing process" 😆. Don't give blood early on in the healing process because it will further stress the body. "It takes time to regulate minerals."

9 years ago when I naturally birthed my fourth daughter, I hemorrhaged and lost over half my circulating blood. I've since realized that I was probably very deficient in vitamin K during those years. Anyway, my husband went up the road to health food store and got a 32 oz bottle of chlorophyll which I powered down...😐... Josh explains here that that is the vegan's way of raising hemoglobin by the way. I wanted to avoid a blood transfusion at all costs!

The morning after my delivery, the nurses that took my blood were amazed at how much my blood had rebounded just overnight. I had also drank a smoothie consisting of a chunk of my raw placenta in it 🤪...

Dutchie

Being sleep deprived s*cks , it makes you feel like a different person

Sorry,if you've already mentioned it, but have you ever tried Ornithine?

OP
D

DBCoast

Being sleep deprived s*cks , it makes you feel like a different person

Sorry,if you've already mentioned it, but have you ever tried Ornithine?
I haven’t.

Yeah, it’s terrible. Woke up at 1am, went back and got a few more hours of light/surface sleep. Feel like I’m dying. 100% out of it. Horrible. There’s no end in sight. I don’t even want to go to bed anymore.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals