Daytime And Nigthtime Persons?

Dutchie

I wonder if there's any truth in regards to what usually gets referred to as 2types of people earlyrisers/daytime people and on the other side the nigthtime/nigthowl people?

Bc currently I have such weird patterns which don't lead to anything. Most days look like this: I usually wake up between 9 and eleven in the morning,most of the time feel awkward/anxious so I Quickly Get dressed&pack my stuff to go to the gym.
Do a few weigth exercises,maybe chat with some regulars there inbetween. By the time I'm done it's usually around noon so I go to the city to a certain cafetaria where I order a green tea,usually my relaxation of the day and secretly eat my breakfast/lunch which is usually a small cup of yoghurt or some maple syrup gummies that I brougth and reading some sites on my phone such as this forum. Then when I'm done I try to think of&go to all kinds of stuff where I can go,grocery shopping,jobhunting etc. everything to keep on moving and not being at home/be still.....all the while fantasizing about all kinds of foods/meals I'd like to make once I have 'what I want" and doing creative stuff.
By the time I get home and usually really hungry it's early in the evening around 7 o clock and for some reason before I 'can eat" I compulsively have to do some bodyweigth exercises whether I'm feeling like it or not(at least 500).Then I'll eat/graze for about 2 to 3hours so by that time it's already late in the evening...and then deep in the nigth when I'm actually tired I also feel like doing creative crafts but don't bc I already needed to be in bed.And think to myself,tomorrow;'s a new day and i'll do it tomorrow,which ofcourse doesnt happen. So I keep on fantasizing about 'the life I want',yet I'm not getting anywhere....

Now,my grandma (mom's mom) was a real nightowl. She stayed home and my grandpa worked. My grandma,whom I loved to death,typically got up around 1 o clock noon,easily read the paper drank some coffee,smoked her cigarettes and then usually the neighbor would stop by to chat and after she'd be gone,my grandma had to start making dinner.
After dinner she usually sat in her chair in front of the tv while she dozed a little bc of after-dinner dip and around 10 in the evening she started to wake up and start with all household chores like ironing,washing dishes etc. And usually around 3 at nigth she slowly prepared herself to go to bed and listen a bit to the radio and then go to sleep.
And that basically was here living pattern.....so I sometimes wonder if I migth've inherited her 'nigthowl genes'? which would be a problem since I can't have such a living pattern.

Is there anyone who has or had a similar pattern/experience?

OP
D

Dutchie

Thanx,but its not that i cant fall asleep earlier. Its that i keep on looking stuff up or doing whatever despite feeling sleepy. And by that time thats when i also become more interested and calm emotionally to do it. But i dont bc i already have to force myself to stop watching youtube vids or whatever. Yeah i know the computerthing is bad,but i dont wake up when ive fallen asleep till ive had my 7 to 8hours of sleep. Thats really an improvement i havent had in years

burtlancast said:

jaa

So you're sleepy but you can't fall asleep? Or you can but you just choose not to?

I think it's very common for people nowadays to feel the same as you. Artificial lighting + lack of exposure to daytime sunlight + infinite stimulus at your finger tips all can lead to getting re-energized at night and wanting to absorb more and more information. The easiest fix I know of is to try to get daytime sunlight (earlier the better), avoid overstimulating activities (particularly when they involve screens) a couple hours before bed, and meditate during your wind down period.

OP
D

Dutchie

jaa said:
So you're sleepy but you can't fall asleep? Or you can but you just choose not to?

I think it's very common for people nowadays to feel the same as you. Artificial lighting + lack of exposure to daytime sunlight + infinite stimulus at your finger tips all can lead to getting re-energized at night and wanting to absorb more and more information. The easiest fix I know of is to try to get daytime sunlight (earlier the better), avoid overstimulating activities (particularly when they involve screens) a couple hours before bed, and meditate during your wind down period.

I could fall asleep if I'd went to bed. That's actually an improvement for several months now,of which I hope really stays like that.
In the past I used to go to bed,read for quite a while to get tired and than still not fall asleep(for years I had constantly songs rewinding in my head for some strange reason) or wake up 2hours before the alarm,fall asleep again and then when alarm went off I'd feel exhausted.
Now,when I lay down in bed I dont even feel the need to read anymore and I'm off to sleep and then usually start to 'regain consciousness' after about 7hours of solid sleep.

I am out the entire day and trying to be outside most of the time. Unfortunately I can't control the weather and sunshine,but I do notice I feel my best on sunny days. Which made me think that my Vit.D3 drops don't seem to be helping much.
That's why I also want a job outside,not necessarily bc I like gardening or such,but so that I can be outside and soak up the ligth and Vit.D and I guess the price I'll have to pay for it,is that I also have to deal&push through with working on lots of shitty weather days and a possible job that probably isn't my desired job.
Actually,I migth praise myself lucky if I could get any job for that matter.