David Wolfe And Superfoods ?

uuy8778yyi

is this a joke ?

raw cacao, living on smoothies, only eating raw food, buying exotic herbs and powders and superfoods (superfoods don't exist)

eating lots of avocados and olives, his main 2 foods ! and lots of nuts and seeds too.
only eating vegan food too

sounds awful, tons of PUFA and deeply unscientific, but highly ideological

BobbyDukes

He's got good skin, but has a very estrogenic 'barel shaped' body. The guy is fat, and not in shape at all.

He's the guy who's responsible for the rise of organic cacao in health food stores in the U.S., starting around 2008. He was lean back then. Now he wears ponchos to cover his manboobs. He's not vegan. He sells deer antler extract. I don't blame him for selling products though because it's a cutthroat world, and if you gave me the opportunity to have an online supplement store right now, I would take it, but I couldn't play the character and go to "expos" like "The Longevity Now" conference, I'd feel too embarrassed to see the poor suckers I was selling my useless products to. He's just a businessman. What he does doesn't make him a bad person, every minute there's a sucker born. But he does have excess fat stored on his adipose sites, so I wouldn't take health advice from him. In one of his books, he wrote, "you wouldn't take financial advice from a beggar, so why would you take health advice from someone who doesn't look healthy to you?" Ironic.

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

he's not vegan.

he had tooth problems and added in ghee to his diet

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

he's also losing hair ??

the only real superfood is gelatine powder by great lakes, but i reject the word superfood

every other powder on amazon is a total scam

look at this rubbish

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/hp ... c_1_4_last

david wolfe has set back alternative health by at least 20 years with this superfood smoothie cacao gibberish

Waremu

David Wolfe is a very good and smart business man. I give him props for that.

However, while there may be little elements of truth to some things he says, I think he has given a lot of misleading advice.

I remember the younger and much leaner David Wolfe from many years ago, when he advocated a higher fruit based, low fat diet. Ever since he began advocating a high fat and PUFA diet, I have noticed him gain weight and age much faster. Unfortunately, I think the Paleo, Lustig, and Dr. Mercola crowd have had a profound effect on him to point of him speaking badly of fruit --- which he at one point spoke so highly of.

He is a big believer in chocolate and I do tend to think its a fairly healthy food; he is also a fan a few other things, but sadly, the unhealthy kind of diet he now advocates, in my opinion, offsets what little amount of credibility he at one point may have seemed to have. Had he have kept his high fruit/low fat diet (from his 80/10/10 days) and just added some shell fish, liver, gelatin and milk, I think he probably would have had the ideal diet. But now, be advocates a high nut and PUFA consumption. He is a huge fan of chia seeds, which are extremely high in PUFA.

He is a good business man and I leave it there. I don't think people who are into health and nutrition should take him seriously.

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

chia seeds also have phytic acid ?

the peat diet seems incredibly low in phytic acid in comparison

BobbyDukes

uuy8778yyi said:
he's also losing hair ??

the only real superfood is gelatine powder by great lakes, but i reject the word superfood

every other powder on amazon is a total scam

look at this rubbish

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/hp ... c_1_4_last

david wolfe has set back alternative health by at least 20 years with this superfood smoothie cacao gibberish

I think the term 'superfoods' is used to describe foods that apparantly have medicinal properties. Goji berries, bee pollen, cacao and spirulina are just some of them.

Gelatin offers very little, nutrionally.

G

Gray Ling

I like David. He reminds my gf of her first boyfriend who loved to make her smuuthies for dinner. lol
Anyway here's a list of Superfoods according to David Wolfe.

superfoords:
Spirulina
blue green algae
aloe vera
cacao bean
goji berry
maca
bee pollen
bone density- from silicon + Mg and hormone action: found in : cocao (magnesium) nettle, horsetail, oatstraw (silicon), maca (hormones), hempseed also.
ADD the top 10 sfoods and forget everything else!
cocao (+20)
goiji
maca
bee pollen
marine phyto plankton
blue green
florella
spirulina
hempseed
aloe vera

G

Gray Ling

I believe David Wolfe could grow a beard as he ages. a nice 'father christmassy' one then he could beef up and get super masculine and hard. Then he'll be ready to be a heraldist for health foods all over the web.

BobbyDukes

David Wolfe, stop parading as a Ray Peat forum member. You can't penetrate us, with your 'superfoods'propaganda.

The only thing from that list that I rate is cacao. I've never noticed anything negative from it. I use it everyday.

Last edited:

magnesiumania

Whats wrong with superfoods? I dont eat them personally except bee pollen but he introduced me to medicinal mushrooms!!