David Sinclair,ageing In Reverse

Herbie

He has botox in his fore head for a start

Last edited:

Goobz

He has botox in his fore head for a start

Haha I wouldn't be surprised. I was actually thinking he looks quite different recently, I had put it down to a haircut but maybe it is this. I cant tell if someone has used botox myself.

He has said before that "it would be a bad look for the field if I died early" so maybe he's also getting some botox to help with his "anti aging solutions" marketing. I find that kind of hilarious for some reason.

Herbie

Haha I wouldn't be surprised. I was actually thinking he looks quite different recently, I had put it down to a haircut but maybe it is this. I cant tell if someone has used botox myself.

He has said before that "it would be a bad look for the field if I died early" so maybe he's also getting some botox to help with his "anti aging solutions" marketing. I find that kind of hilarious for some reason.

I think that philosophy is going to end bad, it leads to higher risk taking and loss of rational mind, its not a race or competition. He did say on a Dave Aspey interview that his main motivation was to outlive his enemies.

Ok ever since I came accross him I have been incredibly suspicious and noticed his forehead looked strange and noticed it was not moving when raising his eyebrows then I was scrolling through the comments to see if anyone else noticed and many people saying he has botox in his brow and forehead. I google imaged him and found older photos when he has deep forehead wrinkles which are no longer observable.

In a normal situation I wouldn’t notice these things or care but this is a special case.

Last edited:

boris

@Herbie @Goobz

jlT8EsN.gif

7LfKLi0.gif

Goobz

Wow! So that's what botox does to someone. His forehead wrinkles look like they're basically gone and "behave" completely differently in the second photo. I highly, highly doubt that's an effect of his supplement regimen.

That being said, he hasn't done so badly for having aged 6 years.

YamnayaMommy

Yeah, he looks great.

My husband, who also looks great but wants to stay super smart forever, started taking NMN on this guy’s recommendation.

Reminder that Sinclair practices intermittent fasting to avoid excessive calories that cause fat gain.

Nice accrual of Evidence.Guilty as charged haha.
but he should be allowed to do so,for his selph-image.
but i would get angry if hes advertising with his new forehat though.

He has said before that "it would be a bad look for the field if I died early"

That makes me immediately lose confidence in him. I get the impression that he wants to live longer for spite because of this when the real goal is to live longer to do better for yourself and others; to enhance existence/refine meaning with boundless life. If he is worried about looking bad from something happening too soon that he is supposed to be actively knowledgeable about working against, I lose some faith as it seems he is just putting up a front to ensure his image is good and remains solely to prove others wrong -- meaning he appears to have less confidence in his "craft" or such; and is playing things by ear more than practical application/means/etc.

That would be like me claiming to be a bridge fixer who claims to know how to stop bridges from falling as people walk across. I then begin walking across a bridge and say, "Hopefully this doesn't fall or I'll look bad by dying!" -- or better a surgeon saying they hope to not get a random, shaky hand right before surgery.

Last edited:

Herbie

That makes me immediately lose confidence in him. I get the impression that he wants to live longer for spite because of this. If he is worried about looking bad from something happening too soon that he is supposed to be actively knowledgeable about working against, I lose some faith as it seems he is just putting up a front to ensure his image is good and remains solely to prove others wrong -- meaning he appears to have less confidence in his "craft" or such; and is playing things by ear more than practical application/means/etc.

That would be like me claiming to be a bridge fixer who claims to know how to stop bridges from falling as people walk across. I then begin walking across a bridge and say, "Hopefully this doesn't fall or I'll look bad by dying!" -- or better a surgeon saying they hope to not get a random, shaky hand right before surgery.

Of course he isn’t confident in his genetics and dna switches non sense. He knows he doesn’t have a clue and wants to save face.

Goobz

That makes me immediately lose confidence in him. I get the impression that he wants to live longer for spite because of this when the real goal is to live longer to do better for yourself and others; to enhance existence/refine meaning with boundless life. If he is worried about looking bad from something happening too soon that he is supposed to be actively knowledgeable about working against, I lose some faith as it seems he is just putting up a front to ensure his image is good and remains solely to prove others wrong -- meaning he appears to have less confidence in his "craft" or such; and is playing things by ear more than practical application/means/etc.

I think this is reading a bit much into a single comment of his. I think he wants to live longer and healthier for all the basic, selfish reasons that everyone does. However it would be bad marketing for him to die early, and he honestly acknowledges that. Which I respect.

I think its a good idea to have a critical attitude to internet health or "science" gurus, though. Even better, to look at the science they are producing / citing - if the evidence adds up, thats all that matters. However it's human nature to put people in black and white boxes of either "benevolent, all knowing prophet" and "evil, lying trickster". I don't think David Sinclair is necessarily an evil lying trickster, despite his ideas being counter to Ray Peats (benevolent all knowing prophet).

I think this is reading a bit much into a single comment of his. I think he wants to live longer and healthier for all the basic, selfish reasons that everyone does. However it would be bad marketing for him to die early, and he honestly acknowledges that. Which I respect.

I think its a good idea to have a critical attitude to internet health or "science" gurus, though. Even better, to look at the science they are producing / citing - if the evidence adds up, thats all that matters. However it's human nature to put people in black and white boxes of either "benevolent, all knowing prophet" and "evil, lying trickster". I don't think David Sinclair is necessarily an evil lying trickster, despite his ideas being counter to Ray Peats (benevolent all knowing prophet).

Yeah, I get what you mean. I know and do not think black and white -- always keep an open mind to some degree.

I don't write off any angles on the discussion of life extension or health or etc. -- I'm even subscribed to companies that have been associated with Sinclair anyways.

I wouldn't put him past Peat, but it might be interesting to look at it from all angles, i.e., reading both Peat's material and Sinclair's too.

Plus even if you want to call some degrees of pursuit "snake oil" like, at the very least it unveils more possibilities and "fills the gaps" you could say as you continue learning/applying/etc.

In other words it is probably worth it to follow and be open to all interpretations. I just meant that I lost faith, i.e., didn't feel any more inclined or driven to think of Sinclair as more or equally as competent as Peat than default I guess. I guess I did maybe look too in to that.

Goobz

Yeah, I get what you mean. I know and do not think black and white -- always keep an open mind to some degree.

I don't write off any angles on the discussion of life extension or health or etc. -- I'm even subscribed to companies that have been associated with Sinclair anyways.

I wouldn't put him past Peat, but it might be interesting to look at it from all angles, i.e., reading both Peat's material and Sinclair's too.

Plus even if you want to call some degrees of pursuit "snake oil" like, at the very least it unveils more possibilities and "fills the gaps" you could say as you continue learning/applying/etc.

In other words it is probably worth it to follow and be open to all interpretations. I just meant that I lost faith, i.e., didn't feel any more inclined or driven to think of Sinclair as more or equally as competent as Peat than default I guess. I guess I did maybe look too in to that.

Nice approach!

Yeah my second comment was more directed towards other posts on this forum I've read - those that seem to say that when Sinclair and others claim things that run counter to Peat, (often with a lot of evidence) they must be wrong. I think this is the black and white, personality based thinking I was describing.

rainbow5000

how are people seriously criticising this guy based on his botox use lmao, can we please keep this forum high quality? has literally nothing at all to do with his scientific ideas on aging and don't waste time trying to argue how it's in any way relevant. maybe he's just vain and has a psychological thing about wrinkles and wants to minimize them as effectively as possible? boom, no need to talk about it anymore, onto actual science.

..but his fur-cap doesnt move anymore,hence it doesnt compute anylonger for me!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals