Dave Asprey On Vegetable Oil

tankasnowgod

yes thanks. I was thinking that CO was 90% saturated and the rest PUFA but forgot about the monounsaturated fat content. But that only furthers my point that buying hydrogenated CO because of the 2-3% PUFA is a little OCD.

It's funny, I both agree with this point, and have purchased Hydrogenated Coconut Oil. I purchased it (and some MCT oil) as there are times I want to experiment with eating as close to zero pufa as possible, and having everything be fat free just makes me go insane. Beyond that, however, I have noticed that it is superior for at least a couple uses.

First, if using a deep fryer, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil is the best oil to use, bar none. High smoke point, totally saturated, and the oil doesn't seem to degrade at all after multiple fries. Higher melt point is also good if you're making things like tortilla chips that won't be consumed immediately, or if you're making this chocolate recipe.

Second, I also found that it works better for topical application than the regular refined stuff.

Third, if it's not enough to tell people that you just guzzle sugar and coffee and ice cream all in the name of good health, adding in the fact that you only use hydrogenated oils is a good capper.

x-ray peat

Third, if it's not enough to tell people that you just guzzle sugar and coffee and ice cream all in the name of good health, adding in the fact that you only use hydrogenated oils is a good capper.
lol, depending on the audience, shining red light on your balls also makes a good capper

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Dave Asprey reads this forum and has edited a page on his website because of it.

There was an article on his site where he said he took 187 supplements, and I liked to joke about it.

I have tried to find this article and it has just disappeared completely.

Kunder

It's funny, I both agree with this point, and have purchased Hydrogenated Coconut Oil. I purchased it (and some MCT oil) as there are times I want to experiment with eating as close to zero pufa as possible, and having everything be fat free just makes me go insane. Beyond that, however, I have noticed that it is superior for at least a couple uses.

First, if using a deep fryer, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil is the best oil to use, bar none. High smoke point, totally saturated, and the oil doesn't seem to degrade at all after multiple fries. Higher melt point is also good if you're making things like tortilla chips that won't be consumed immediately, or if you're making this chocolate recipe.

I find it stunning that someone goes into the effort of trying to achieve zero pufa, and then adds he deep fries his food.

I mean come on. Have some fish man and forego the deep fried garbage.

Btw that “doesn’t seem to degrade” part - which lab does your testing? Or is that just based on your expert visual estimation of the oil’s chemical properties?

tankasnowgod

I find it stunning that someone goes into the effort of trying to achieve zero pufa, and then adds he deep fries his food.

I mean come on. Have some fish man and forego the deep fried garbage.

Btw that “doesn’t seem to degrade” part - which lab does your testing? Or is that just based on your expert visual estimation of the oil’s chemical properties?

In that case, why stop at fish? Why not just go for fish oil?

And do you have any studies to show deep frying is bad when done with fully saturated oils? The majority of deep frying today uses high PUFA oils, even more so than when they were hydrogenated 15 years ago.

Luann

I've been sick for a week now. Ugly, lousy, people staying away from me, sick. Seeing this quote

[ QUOTE="tankasnowgod, post: 267249, member: 1434"

it's not enough to tell people that you just guzzle sugar and coffee and ice cream all in the name of good health, adding in the fact that you only use hydrogenated oils is a good capper.[/QUOTE]

just brought an extra large smile to my face

Love this forum.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals