Dave Asprey On Vegetable Oil

encerent

Even Aspray agrees with Peat on this.

So why is the medical establishment still saying these harmful and stupid things?

...And I don't think coconut oil is as healthful as vegetable oils like olive oil and soybean oil, which are mainly unsaturated fat and therefore both lower LDL and increase HDL. Coconut oil's special HDL-boosting effect may make it "less bad"...

— Walter C. Willett, M.D.
Harvard School of Public Health
Department of Nutrition
Harvard Health Letter Editorial Board

Ask the doctor: Coconut oil - Harvard Health

Agent207

It looks like the "high state performance diet" is not working enough for bulletproofing his hair.

Argh, no dietary model will ever save us from this curse... I hex you God! for this unacceptable design!!!!

Btw, the guest has wonderful teeth and good healthful looking.

Last edited:

encerent

It looks like the "high state performance diet" is not working enough for bulletproofing his hair.

Argh, no dietary model will ever save us from this curse...

He looks to be about 45-50 years old in that pic. His hair looks pretty good for someone that age.

encerent

Argh, no dietary model will ever save us from this curse...

This famous guy (Mark Sisson) has a similar high performance ("fat adapted") diet with plently of endurance exercise thrown in and has pretty much perfect hair for his age

mark-sisson-abs-640x480.jpg

BenPatrick

From what I remember about Sisson, he ate very, very high carb pretty much his entire life up until his primal thing. He was a lifelong endurance athlete, was outside doing distance runs, and ate high carb? Sounds hair-supportive to me. I'd be interested to see how it's changed the past few years.

Asprey takes Metformin, a drug to lower his blood sugar because of his high fat diet.

"A controversial part of his repertoire includes taking prescription drugs like Metformin (used for diabetes patients) and Providgil (for narcoleptics) to boost his brain power and stay focused — something definitely not recommended by health professionals."

Cate Shanahan is a low carbist who says very ignorant things about "carbs" and "sugar."

Mark Sisson has admitted to taking TRT.

All three are low carb sugar phobes.

Tarmander

Just watching asprey...I think his T levels are bottomed out. He seems so effeminate compared to the woman he is talking with. Am I off base on that?

With that said I respect Asprey for how much experimentation he has done with his body and his views. I think there is no denying that he has been a service to the entire health industry, even if it is as an example to others.

ATP

Almost every person that does a ketogenic diet long enough, their hair turns gray. Daves hair has been gray for a while now, even the guest has gray hair and you can go on her website and the first picture of her is with brown hair.

This famous guy (Mark Sisson) has a similar high performance ("fat adapted") diet with plently of endurance exercise thrown in and has pretty much perfect hair for his age

mark-sisson-abs-640x480.jpg

he could be on finasteride... does this guy ever post his blood work? i wonder what his T levels are

LukeL

Dave Asprey is on TRT and has been for years (not sure why people judge others for being on TRT when people on this forum take all different kinds of steroids) - he also loves the drug modafinil. I came to Peat after following his "Bulletproof Diet" - as far as hair goes it's so much more complicated than someone's diet. I know several men on a strict Keto diet with beautiful heads of hair.

I do believe once someone becomes sick and starts to lose their hair Peat's diet principles can stop your hair loss, as this has happened for several members on the forum.

I think a compromised liver/gut health are the key factors when it comes to hair loss (just my humble opinion)

Ideonaut

Actually, from STUPIDITY, too, given a more functional concept of "intelligence" than is generally accepted. When doctors say a lot of stupid things, they are stupid. Peat's broader, independent, reality-oriented approach is an intelligent one.

DaveFoster

Just watching asprey...I think his T levels are bottomed out. He seems so effeminate compared to the woman he is talking with. Am I off base on that?
I'm pretty sure he's replaced his hormones with IV modafinil at this point to become "bulletproof."

I actually like reading Mark Sisson; he's far more likeable than most gurus, even if he's wrong.

You could do much worse than the Primal diet. Full-fat dairy, eggs, meats and organ meats, lots of calcium-rich vegetables, and some potatoes and fruit. Avoid pork and chicken, add some coconut oil, and your PUFA won't even be that bad. Not ideal for CO2, but certainly better than kale-quinoa salad with soybean oil.

Kyle M

Asprey is 43 and, imo, doesn't look good for the age. His face looks a bit saggy and wrinkly, and his body isn't very toned. I was watching him interview that keto researcher who is buff af Dominic D'Agostino and Dave was like "I've been working out too" and made a muscle with his biceps and it looked limp and pasty.

Bonus point for self-experimentation, point subtraction for making stuff up about his coffee and other brands and their aflatoxin content. My overall assessment is that Asprey is doing the David Wolfe thing, trying to fit into a niche online to get a big following and sell products. I won't hate on the guy, but he isn't a serious mind in health and is at best a popularizer of questionable ideas.

I hope I don't look worse than him in 10 years or else I'll feel pretty silly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals