Dave Asprey Going Bald

ddjd

FB_IMG_1504961105742.jpg
In case you were ever curious about the bulletproof diet and its effects on hair loss.

Low carb does not work!!

Herbie

That looks like jars of young people's blood on the back shelf. I think he did a show on that.

LOL I listened to that cringy joke he made about drinking his children's blood.

Atleast he has Unique E in there.

Lurker

I don't get all the haters here. How many people have gotten off the SAD because of your blog? How many viewers per week does your YouTube channel help? Dave is not the enemy destroying your health. Is he perfect and have all the answers? Of course not and neither do you.

He has a fairly interesting backstory (used to being weigh 300lbs, first person to sell on the internet, etc) and gives way better than average advice for an internet guru. I listened to the first three years or so of the BPE podcast going all the way back to episode 1 when it was just Armi Legg. I personally learned quite a bit from him that started me on the path. Sat fats vs pufa, meditation/breathing, experimentation, excercise less, sleep hygiene etc. He can be a bit of a jerk and relentless self promoter/bs marketeer but there certainly are worse things to sell than coffee, mct, collagen, and charcoal.

If you just added some "watery bags of candy" (his words for fruit) to the Bulletproof diet, you would be doing pretty good.

Now go be a force for good.

Waynish

It's easy to hate someone you know doesn't care to do deep research. You can feel he is a marketer and not anyone who cares to say anything that isn't backed by someone that would make him seem cool. Plus the whole "my coffee is the only one that doesn't give you mycotoxins" is another marketing gimmick. But who cares if he is balled. Back to finding the truth instead of looking for prophets! Get on it!

J

James IV

There is far more to baldness than diet. Dave Asprey is probably bald because he is a stress monster and overweight. There are thousands of people that are low carb that have full heads of hair. In fact there are people that have regrown hair, including myself, with a lower carb diet.

Amazoniac

There is far more to baldness than diet. Dave Asprey is probably bald because he is a stress monster and overweight. There are thousands of people that are low carb that have full heads of hair. In fact there are people that have regrown hair, including myself, with a lower carb diet.
Dude, I think that you're one of the members that grew the most during this time. It's impressive how much you've widen your perspective and learned. Sometimes I search something on Google (West doesn't allow me to say "google something") and a result from the forum appears right on the front page; trackings aside, I think "how cool that the forum is becoming more popular", and it is, but not as much as this indicator that I'm becoming a limited Raybot.

Last edited:
J

James IV

Dude, I think that you're one of the members that grew the most during this time. It's impressive how much you've widen your perspective and learned. Sometimes I search something on Google (West doesn't allow me to say "google something") and a result from the forum appears right on the front page; trackings aside, I think "how cool that the forum is becoming more popular", and it is, but not as fast as my tendency to become a limited Raybot.

I appreciate the kind words. Having myself been at every conceivable end of the infinit spectrum of nutrition, I've learned that there is no "right" answer, there is only your answer, and that answer will be different for everyone. Often we want to convince others (and likely ourselves) that our current chosen approach to nutrition is the correct one. The reality seems to be that you must understand that nutritional needs are going to change as you change. Making absolute, and blanket statements will never work to help anyone, and often seem to do more harm than good.

Amazoniac

I appreciate the kind words. Having myself been at every conceivable end of the infinit spectrum of nutrition, I've learned that there is no "right" answer, there is only your answer, and that answer will be different for everyone. Often we want to convince others (and likely ourselves) that our current chosen approach to nutrition is the correct one. The reality seems to be that you must understand that nutritional needs are going to change as you change. Making absolute, and blanket statements will never work to help anyone, and often seem to do more harm than good.
It's official: you reached the light.

Djukami

You criticize him for taking test and other things. But I simply want to make a point: what is the difference between that and taking thyroid hormone like candy?
The thing is, I can actually imagine people that support him saying something similar about Danny Roddy, for instance: "he eats tons of sugar, but he takes thyroid every day. What a fraud"
I mean, seriously...
That's why I like your signature.

Last edited:

Lurker

Oh yeah, total stress monster. Sleeps 4 hrs per night then whizzes around on Modafinil and caffeine all day. All that "productivity" has a price.

theLaw

For anyone here feeling the need to defend Asprey, just go listen to the few podcasts he did with Joe Rogan where he confronted Asprey about his mycotoxin testing claims.

Rogan even had to ask Asprey to change the unfounded ad copy printed on his Bulletproof Coffee packaging (for Onnit- Rogan's sup company).

You'll notice that Asprey hasn't been back on Joe's podcast since the showdown.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals