Date seed?

Coderr

Date seed is said to increase testosterone. He posts a lot about this in Ergo-log. Has anyone tried it before?

AndrogenicJB

Date seed is said to increase testosterone. He posts a lot about this in Ergo-log. Has anyone tried it before?

Interesting

bookshelf

I predict there is going to be an uptick in date seed everything (coffee, powders, recipes) as it seems to be growing in popularity on social media posts. The research and articles representing date seed benefits is highly compelling addressing everything from immunity to diseases and conditions. Because it‘s a “seed”, I’m very curious if the RP community will embrace the use of this powerhouse over the exposure to the oil or if it will be a hard no.

What say you? Would you consider adding date seeds to your dietary arsenal? Why or why not?

Osukhan

I predict there is going to be an uptick in date seed everything (coffee, powders, recipes) as it seems to be growing in popularity on social media posts. The research and articles representing date seed benefits is highly compelling addressing everything from immunity to diseases and conditions. Because it‘s a “seed”, I’m very curious if the RP community will embrace the use of this powerhouse over the exposure to the oil or if it will be a hard no.

What say you? Would you consider adding date seeds to your dietary arsenal? Why or why not?
youre right i have seen the same uptick. ive always ate dates, usually a couple a day but never did anything with the seeds. curious to see what others have to say, but would def be interested in using the seed, even just soaking them in a tea

bookshelf

youre right i have seen the same uptick. ive always ate dates, usually a couple a day but never did anything with the seeds. curious to see what others have to say, but would def be interested in using the seed, even just soaking them in a tea
I hope people weigh in! The dates I have rn are pitless but I will not hesitate to get them with the pits next time just so I can try it.

Ismail

I hope people weigh in! The dates I have rn are pitless but I will not hesitate to get them with the pits next time just so I can try it.
This is super interesting!

When I get home in a couple of weeks, I’m gonna try this and see how it goes.

Just wondering whether it’s better to roast the seeds first, hence they become easier to “grind” and turn into a mixable powder or just use the whole seed and leave in hot water etc.

Osukhan

Just wondering whether it’s better to roast the seeds first, hence they become easier to “grind” and turn into a mixable powder or just use the whole seed and leave in hot water etc.
i believe they dry them then grind them into a powder, i was looking into buying the powder and it is available on Amazon

Dave Clark

Like many things that are good, they may have a modicum of estrogen, PUFA, etc., but when the benefits out weigh the harms, it is something I would try. Everything has a bit of these non-Peat things, however, why consume them if there isn't a benefit that shadows the minimal amounts of those thing. So, if the date seeds produce a marked increase in T, it may be worth using regardless of the seed having some of those compounds. Plus, it may be possible to have the date seeds purified to remove those things without affecting the biological effect of raising T. We'll have to wait to see what is in the date seeds to see if they are worth using.

RealNeat

Date seed fats are likely stable because of the climate they have to endure

bookshelf

Have you seen the coffee recipes using date seeds? That really piqued my interest (and taste buds)! This is just one of a bunch or recipes out there - I just grabbed the first one that popped up: Date Seed Coffee

bookshelf

i may just start adding them into my reg ground coffee, thanks for the article
For sure. Please write back to let us know how you like it and any benefits you notice. I have dates with pits on my grocery list and will do the same once I have them. I am also wondering about using the whole seed as for a tea (although I see no "tea" recipes out there). For that matter, I wonder about just putting a whole dried date in hot water. That way, it's sweetened and it leaches out the benefits from the seed.

Ismail

Have you seen the coffee recipes using date seeds? That really piqued my interest (and taste buds)! This is just one of a bunch or recipes out there - I just grabbed the first one that popped up: Date Seed Coffee
I have many years ago, totally forgot about them until your message above, thank you for the reminder 🙏

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals