Dark Roast Coffee Is More Effective Than Light Roast Coffee In Reducing Body Weight, And In Restorin

jzeno

Full Title: Dark roast coffee is more effective than light roast coffee in reducing body weight, and in restoring red blood cell vitamin E and glutathione concentrations in healthy volunteers.

Dark roast coffee is more effective than light roast coffee in reducing body weight, and in restoring red blood cell vitamin E and glutathione conc... - PubMed - NCBI

Abstract
Recent results from prospective cohort studies have shown that moderate coffee consumption is associated with a reduced risk for diabetes mellitus type II or Alzheimer's disease. ...

Following a 2-wk wash out period, 500 mL of the respective CB (coffee beverage) was administered to 30 subjects daily for 4-wk. Blood and spot urine samples were collected at the beginning and at the end of each intervention. Intake of the dark roast CB most effectively improved the antioxidant status of erythrocytes: superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase activity decreased by 5.8 and 15%, respectively, whereas tocopherol and total glutathione concentrations increased by 41 and 14%, respectively. Furthermore, administration of the NMP-rich CB led to a significant body weight reduction in pre-obese subjects, whereas the CGA-rich CB did not.

Do you drink Dark, Light, or Medium roast?

Any other studies on Roasts and their benefit, consequence?

Last edited:

milk_lover

I've always enjoyed drinking espresso. For espresso coffee, dark roast is typically used. I've heard dark roast has more niacin and more antioxidants like a substance that @Travis talks about a lot that helps reduce the anti-opioid effect of bovine milk. However, dark roast has less caffeine from what I remember. Caffeine has its pro metabolism actions and probably the difference in amounts between light roast and dark roast is not that a big of a difference. It's interesting to know dark roast has vitamin E. Never knew that. I see oil when I brew my coffee in French press so maybe some of that oil is tocopherol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals