Danny Roddy Scores!

Lightbringer

Danny "Rodman" Roddy just released an interview teaser on his Patreon site with a soundbite of Peat saying 'Ok....' in response to Danny's question. Super excited about this upcoming interview !

GET HYPE ! :letsparty

OP
Lightbringer

Lightbringer

I think he mentioned he'd release the audio this weekend. Look forward to hearing about Mushroom recipes from Peat!

michael94

Kaspar_Hauser said:
post 118408 I think he mentioned he'd release the audio this weekend. Look forward to hearing about Mushroom recipes from Peat!

Oh, I was thinking of the 'other' mushrooms LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

bobbybobbob

I have a plenty of respect for Danny Roddy but he has an egregious case of California UpTalk. He should iron that out.

bobbybobbob said:
post 118719 I have a plenty of respect for Danny Roddy but he has an egregious case of California UpTalk. He should iron that out.

:ss

bobbybobbob said:
post 118719 I have a plenty of respect for Danny Roddy but he has an egregious case of California UpTalk. He should iron that out.

There's no such thing as a California accent. It's just the character of the person. The surfer/stoner dude or the ditzy valley girl are characters of that person and not a regional accent. There are people from all over the country who can have that character. You can't meet someone outside of CA and hear them talk and know that they are from CA. But you can (or people who are very observant to nuances like myself can) clearly hear the accents of people who have the one the five American regional accents, which are not truly just regional because it changes from town to town as in some towns have it and others don't. It's also heavily reliant upon the class status of the people. In fact, most people within the five regions do not have accents and simply speak plain American English. Outside of default American English there are only about five American regional accents:

1.Boston/New England
2.New York City (minus Manhattan because people who live in Manhattan are not from NYC)/New Jersey/Long Island
3.Illinois/Michigan/Upper mid West (I know there is a slight difference between that accent and the more Canadian-like upper Minnesota accent but I still lump them together)
4.The South (starts at VA, goes down to northern FL, across to TX and then back up to VA, a triangle)
5.Hawaiian Pidgin

Everyone else does not have an accent. Slang are just words and not accents. Accents are the specific pronunciation of words, mainly on the vowels. The one accent I usually forget but now have to add to my list is the Hispanic-American Los Angeles County accent. Think of Cheech and Chong or the "cholo" or "vato" accent. This qualifies as an American accent because many of those people do not speak Spanish and were born in the US but they still have an accent. It's also specific to LA County as the hispanics from other parts of the country and people who are really from Mexico who speak English do not have the cholo accent.

Ray Peat has studied linguistics so talking about this here is fitting.

"Hawaiian Pidgin English | Siri vs Hawaiian Pidgin"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zyplVPJuF4

CoolTweetPete

bobbybobbob said:

I am guilty of this as well. :lol:

It's seriously like an accent you develop from being around people that do it, lol.

CoolTweetPete

Westside PUFAs said:
post 118736
bobbybobbob said:

There's no such thing as a California accent. It's just the character of the person. The surfer/stoner dude or the ditzy valley girl are characters of that person and not a regional accent. There are people from all over the country who can have that character. You can't meet someone outside of CA and hear them talk and know that they are from CA. But you can (or people who are very observant to nuances like myself can) clearly hear the accents of people who have the one the five American regional accents, which are not truly just regional because it changes from town to town as in some towns have it and others don't. It's also heavily reliant upon the class status of the people. In fact, most people within the five regions do not have accents and simply speak plain American English. Outside of default American English. There are only about five American regional accents:

1.Boston/New England
2.New York City (minus Manhattan because people who live in Manhattan are not from NYC)/New Jersey/Long Island
3.Illinois/Michigan/Upper mid West (I know there is a slight different between that accent and the more Canadian-like upper Minnesota accent but I still lump them together)
4.The South (starts at VA, goes down to northern FL, across to TX and then back up to VA, a triangle)
5.Hawaiian Pidgin

Everyone else does not have an accent. Slang are just words and not accents. Accents are the specific pronunciation of words, mainly on the vowels. The one accent I usually forget but now have to add to my list is the Hispanic-American Los Angeles County accent. Think of Cheech and Chong or the "cholo" or "vato" accent. This qualifies as an American accent because many of those people do not speak Spanish and were born in the US but they still have an accent. It's also specific to LA County as the hispanics from other parts of the country and people who are really from Mexico who speak English do not have the cholo accent.

Ray Peat has studied linguistics so talking about this here is fitting.

I guess I don't have an accent, I'm just a stoner. :(

:lol:

Hey Westside PUFAs,

dokWUej.gif

Jesus man :shock:

milk_lover

Good interview! Thank you Danny!
Westside PUFA, what about black american accent or what some say the "hood" accent? I would consider it as an accent and it's quite good to the ear to be honest, unlike the boring slow texas accent.

milk_lover

Ok the reasons behind milk and OJ (eggs also) are the following:
1- good unadulterated nutrition sources
2- they are not very expensive; affordable on limited budget
3- Peat has a very metabolic rate that he can handle large quantities of liquid without needing to pee

So a good measure if you can handle liquids is to see how frequent you pee? So if you're peeing often and it's clear, reduce liquids and eat salty solid food.

milk_lover said:
Westside PUFA, what about black american accent or what some say the "hood" accent? I would consider it as an accent and it's quite good to the ear to be honest, unlike the boring slow texas accent.

Yes this is known as "ebonics." It's just a variation of the southern accent. Many black Americans have a bit of a southern twang to them even if they do not live in the south. It's passed down from parents. Many black people from NYC like the Bronx, Queens etc., have a New York accent but many often still use the same slang that southern blacks do.

"Surfer" may just be the character of the person but then an accent is just the character of a population. Actions make the spirit and vice versa.

milk_lover

Westside PUFAs said:
post 118754
milk_lover said:

Yes this is known as "ebonics." It's just a variation of the southern accent. Many black Americans have a bit of a southern twang to them even if they do not live in the south. It's passed down from parents. Many black people from NYC like the Bronx, Queens etc., have a New York accent but many often still use the same slang that southern blacks do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrTSYhGtaqw

Zachs

I have always wondered about gay men and their similarity of speech. What's up with that?

Zachs said:
I have always wondered about gay men and their similarity of speech. What's up with that?

I think it comes from the theatrical community back in Victorian times.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals