Danny Roddy Says Randle Cycle Exists Even In The Presence Of An Excess Of Saturated Fats

As Peat has said, but has been misconstrued and misunderstood by others, ketones and saturated fats are superb fuel sources.

T

tca300

They ignore a lack of hunger and the water retention they experience because they think a gallon of 1% and a few quarts of OJ is ideal nutrition in all circumstances.
Based on polls taken here most people on this forum eat starch, and a lot of them practically every meal. When you say " they " perhaps you mean you and a few others. Very few people on this site, if any ( other than myself ) stick to low-fat milk, fuit, eggs, shellfish, liver, and coconut oil. I've been starch free, with almost 2 gallons of liquid for nearly a year, and as long as I have these foods available to me I will continue eating this way indefinitely. I have eaten many diets, paleo, vegan, standard American, fruitarian, all for lengthy periods. This diet for me is amazing and because so few people have the self control and desire they will never know the true benefits of fully eating this way.

I felt it necessary to share my experience because I'm tired of people claiming Rays recommendations don't work. Its bullcrap and not true. With most things in life if you change something significantly it will take a little time to adapt and get use to.

michael94

Based on polls taken here most people on this forum eat starch, and a lot of them practically every meal. When you say " they " perhaps you mean you and a few others. Very few people on this site, if any ( other than myself ) stick to low-fat milk, fuit, eggs, shellfish, liver, and coconut oil. I've been starch free, with almost 2 gallons of liquid for nearly a year, and as long as I have these foods available to me I will continue eating this way indefinitely. I have eaten many diets, paleo, vegan, standard American, fruitarian, all for lengthy periods. This diet for me is amazing and because so few people have the self control and desire they will never know the true benefits of fully eating this way.

I felt it necessary to share my experience because I'm tired of people claiming Rays recommendations don't work. Its bullcrap and not true. With most things in life if you change something significantly it will take a little time to adapt and get use to.

All of that is stuff Ray has said himself in interviews/emails. I distinctly remember him saying people often eat to some perceived nutritional needs and ignore lack of hunger, which is bad. Same goes for the water retention. He said something like it's a sign of an organism that's lost control of it's metabolism ( paraphrasing ).

Now... whether the right idea is to continue guzzling down milk/OJ until issues go away or use other routes....that's more what I've gathered from other posters here and my own experiences. Ray is a very smart guy and I didn't mean to imply that his recommendations are more often bad than not.

tara

@halken
I am glad she is recovering.
Doesn't make it a safe experiment to follow.

tara

I'm glad it works so well for you. Doesn't prove that the same thing will work for everyone in our current states. I agree it's reasonable to expect it to take a bit of time to adapt to change.

On a smaller level, yes but muscles and the heart's myocardium burn fatty acids at rest normally. But this is not ketosis. Your urine keto test will be fully purple when in real ketosis, not a spoon or two of mct.

This is ketosis: 100+ days of just water for religious purposes, this woman was motivated!!! Look at how much of her adipose tissue was burned:

[deleted]

She documented nearly the whole thing. Amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 35D7B5734E

She looks like a regular, garden-variety, fruitarian.

Both ends of the spectrum have gaunt looking people. No need for fear mongering. Most people talking about ketosis are talking about "nutritional ketosis" not "starvation ketosis". Talking about the latter to discredit the former is silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Westside PUFAs
Both ends of the spectrum have gaunt looking people. No need for fear mongering. Most people talking about ketosis are talking about "nutritional ketosis" not "starvation ketosis". Talking about the latter to discredit the former is silly.

Did you know Peter Attia sells something called "super starch?" And uses it himself?

http://eatingacademy.com/sports-and-nutrition/introduction-to-superstarch-part-i

"About two years ago Jeff Volek introduced me to Superstarch. After using it for a few months, and being completely blown away by it, I wanted to know more. I was introduced to the co-founder, Peter Kaufman, and soon I was poring over their patents in an effort to understand how in the heck they made this stuff. Once I understood this, I never looked back. Today I simply refer to Superstarch as “superior technology.” If Superstarch is an iPhone 5, all other sports nutrition products are rotary phones. They simply don’t belong in the same sentence." - Attia

If that isn't enough, he quotes Lustig, someone who is misleading the public about "sugar"

http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/sugar-101-how-harmful-is-sugar-part-i

He's also a cyclist so in the "Peat relm" as you say, that is a no-no.

http://eatingacademy.com/how-a-low-carb-diet-affected-my-athletic-performance

Did you know Peter Attia sells something called "super starch?" And uses it himself?

http://eatingacademy.com/sports-and-nutrition/introduction-to-superstarch-part-i

"About two years ago Jeff Volek introduced me to Superstarch. After using it for a few months, and being completely blown away by it, I wanted to know more. I was introduced to the co-founder, Peter Kaufman, and soon I was poring over their patents in an effort to understand how in the heck they made this stuff. Once I understood this, I never looked back. Today I simply refer to Superstarch as “superior technology.” If Superstarch is an iPhone 5, all other sports nutrition products are rotary phones. They simply don’t belong in the same sentence." - Attia

If that isn't enough, he quotes Lustig, someone who is misleading the public about "sugar"

http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/sugar-101-how-harmful-is-sugar-part-i

He's also a cyclist so in the "Peat relm" as you say, that is a no-no.

http://eatingacademy.com/how-a-low-carb-diet-affected-my-athletic-performance

Did you know that Ray Peat has a patent on a progesterone and vitamin E formula and has used it himself?

Dotdash

This quote/reply from RP was taken from a blog post question. It seems relevant to this conversation thread.

"Butter, cream, and coconut oil are the only common food fats that are mostly saturated, and because coconut oil is oxidized more quickly than most fats, it’s the least likely to block sugar oxidation. Any long chain fat can interfere with sugar oxidation, but the polyunsaturated fats, such as in poultry, fish, and pork, are more water soluble, and slower to be oxidized than saturated fats, and they affect hormones and other regulatory systems differently, so they interfere a little more strongly." RP

Parsifal

Why are you defending starches so much when Peat says that it is bad? Why do most people feel very bad when eating it?

tara

jyb

Why are you defending starches so much when Peat says that it is bad? Why do most people feel very bad when eating it?

No, I don't think most people feel "very bad" eating starch. It's one thing normal people seem to tolerate fine, sometimes to my amazement as the typical starch meals aren't healthy in my opinion. You only leak endotoxin if something is not working.

tara

This is what I've read on fb groups by a lot of people and my experience as well.
Fb groups of people who have strouble with starch, or have particular kinds of dysbiosis, or recovering anorexics etc?

I don't doubt that there are people who do have trouble with it, and that you are amongst them. But as jyb says, many don't feel obviously bad for it, and some claim to feel much better if they eat some or even mostly starch.
So far, I've felt worse short-term if I eat only sugar or only starch, and better with a bit of both. That doesn't mean I think the same will apply to everyone else. (And I haven't solved my key issues yet.)

jyb

This is what I've read on fb groups by a lot of people and my experience as well.

But we are here for a reason. We're the minority whose health can be harmed with even the most trivial offenders. Not that I think all kinds and quantities of starch are offensive, far from it.

halken

Because the cult sees it as a defense against something they are proselytized to understand is wrong?

The "feel very bad" part is a projection on your part due to said proselytization unknown to you.

tomisonbottom

The problem with limiting to a lesser percentage is that you may not experience the benefits of ketones, which have been shown to occur at 80-120 grams per day (or about six tablespoons), which would be about 700 calories. Now if you consume 3500 calories a day, you can just barely make that work.

Georgi, you seem to be using caffeine to boost your body temperature, but caffeine is like thyroid in that it has a therapeutic window, and if you take too much you'll set off a Selye stress reaction that activates the desaturase enzymes -- which means you'll start producing unsaturated fat in your cardiolipin, even if you don't eat any! Not good!!!

The advantage of ketones is that, if you consume enough, they boost body temperature and metabolism at least as effectively as caffeine or thyroid, but there is no therapeutic window to worry about. In the fifty years or so of extensive studies of nutritional ketones, there's been no lethal overdose reported, as there has been with caffeine.

Are you referring to the use of coconut oil? Is that what you use, and do you still take this much?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals