Danny Roddy - "Ray Peat Inspired Nutrition - Liver Pâté"

I've been using Schaller and Weber's calves liver pate I purchase from a regional higher-end grocery store. Although I wouldn't exactly call it appetizing, it's by far the most palatable form of beef liver I've had. I usually can get three servings out of one package.

tara

Is half a teaspoon enough for you when you fry liver? How much do you fry at once? Thank You
Seems to work for me.
Just enough to coat the bottom of the pan thinly - but I usually only fry a small serving eg ~50g+-10, ~3 x/week.
If I was frying 3 times as much liver at once I'd I might use 2 or 3 times as much oil. But still not excessive fat, and quite delicious poured over potatoes or rice. (As long as the liver is nice and fresh.)
I usually soak mine before cooking too - I did it in milk for a while, now I just soak in water in the fridge for a few hours before frying.

Dan W

I've found pressure cooking in water (for about a minute at pressure with natural cooldown) seems to give a more pleasant flavor than frying. I'm not sure why that is, maybe it's just something about my tastes.

amethyst

I've found pressure cooking in water (for about a minute at pressure with natural cooldown) seems to give a more pleasant flavor than frying. I'm not sure why that is, maybe it's just something about my tastes.
Isn't it just easier to buy liver pate than going to all the trouble and obnoxious smell making liver pate? I mentioned Nueske's smoked Liver Pate: Applewood Smoked Smoked Liver Paté | Nueskes Wholesale

This is incredible tasting stuff! And I hate liver but really love this!

Uncaged

Isn't it just easier to buy liver pate than going to all the trouble and obnoxious smell making liver pate? I mentioned Nueske's smoked Liver Pate: Applewood Smoked Smoked Liver Paté | Nueskes Wholesale

This is incredible tasting stuff! And I hate liver but really love this!

Late response - I looked over the ingredients in nueskes, and it appears to have a number of unnecessary additives, including nitrites. I suspect it would not be recommended due to the pork source and bacon, which are high in PUFA. Just my take.

I too am looking for a reliable ready made, that is inexpensive, and US Wellness, so far, has been my go to. Only problem is, it's pricey.

CDT

Why does liver taste so bad to so many people? Most of us wouldn't eat it if we didn't realise it was packed with nutrients. Isn't disgust a sign that we shouldn't be eating something? Or is it that we're so habituated to muscle meats that organs and offal have become by comparison repulsive?
Im curious about this as well. As a vegetarian, I am always looking for more nutrient dense sources of food; particularly, I am looking for a combination of foods to compete with the nutrient density of liver.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals